Home Community General Football Week 15: Midweek Mayhem

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

A set of mid-weekers to keep us amused… with YooUtd vs the Goonies being the stand-out tie, and judging by this weekend’s performances, I only see more moans from the Moanmiester General come Thursday morning, with his precious “darlings” 11 points from Top 4…

Logic would say 3 points for all the other big-dogs, maybe it will be a wet and windy night in Watforjd, who knows?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Yeah Arsenal should really be far too good for Utd considering how bad we are at the moment. Going to be a long, long season for Utd by the looks of it. No sign of Mourinho being under pressure so I fully expect them to wait until we no longer can qualify for CL before axing him and saving some money on the compensation package.

Looks like easy wins for all the competing sides at the top anyway.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Eddy… but will they save money? Might be wrong but if there is “X” amount left on his contract, doesn’t really matter if you fire him now or next year, what you’ll be “saving” you’re spunking on his wages in the meantime.

The bigger and better question is simply who’s next? ZZ? Can’t see in a million years YooUtd going for a Howe-type level of manager… which only leaves Arsene Wenger (how brilliant would that be????)

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

I too can see a win for the Goonies.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Kinda ironic, wouldn’t mind a YooUtd win/draw… dare I dream for a 0-0?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Hope to see Origi started at the top of the 4231. I will tip Liverpool to win 2-0.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Chucky, I believe there is less compensation to pay if he fails to get top 4. I guess the question is whether or not they believe another man would get top 4, offsetting that extra money needed to get rid. That would only be worth a gamble if there was a manager on the market who they absolutely felt they had to do everything in their power to get in. I can’t see anybody of that ilk available or even gettable.

We’re at a crucial time though now because the board have to decide whether to trust him with the money needed to put it right in Jan. That would be a big call

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Utd are probably the only top club who would have gone for a Howe type of manager but the Moyes debacle put an end to that. I have honestly no idea who they could get in

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

My money is Howe scampering up the M27, M3 & M25 once Poncho bags his bags for Madrid… no idea when that will happen mind you, but I’ve seen it in the tea-leaves! ๐Ÿ™‚

Let’s change tactic, who would you like?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

I honestly don’t know that either. Maybe take a punt on the Dortmund boss if he could be persuaded, although he’s been around the block a bit despite starting great at Dortmund. I am wary about Zidane but I see some appeal. I think he’d get the likes of Pogba playing to his potential, whatever that is! Regardless of how good a coach people think he is, he’d instantly command respect due to his career as both a player and a coach and his winning mentality. Not to mention him restoring some positivity back to the club’s image. Aside from them, I have no idea. I suspect the board are equally as undecided, hence the lack of urgency in getting Mourinho out

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

I think the biggest cross against ZZ would be the amount of cash he would most likely want to spend. He’d want at least 3/4 top draw players and that’s at least 200m in today’s utterly ridiculous market. But then again, Maureen going to have his begging bowl out every window anyways…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Huges is available… ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

No seriously I think utd will beat aresnal

Jose is still capable of big results.

Burnley need a result and in the past we have obliged but Iโ€™m expecting us to win

City to win comfortablely at Watford

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

To have any realistic hope of Top4, YooUtd have to beat the Goonies I reckon… start closing that gap.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

Man Utd have missed the boat on backing Mourinho – itโ€™s too late to back him now with players, they should have done it in the summer. And now irreversible damage is being done to Mourinho and the relationship with his players as things have becomes increasingly fraught. I donโ€™t think the board know what the hell to do now. They have paddled their way up a certain creek. Both directions now look unattractive – they donโ€™t really want to keep paddling on this course but they donโ€™t really want to have to have to paddle back from whence they came and start all over again. Hence youโ€™d think theyโ€™ll look for a temporary quick fix by putting in an interim manager to lift things in the short term and limp to the end of the season and overhaul things then, though they might still think they can limp home with Mourinho. I think top 4 is off the table now regardless of whether they changed managers. If the board had any sense, theyโ€™d now write off this season and finally start planning for the longer term strategy and direction of travel of the club. To keep throwing more money at things now would be plain daft. Just cut your losses and start again next season with a new man.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Don’t disagree with a word of that Mikus. Great post.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Just to move the goalposts slightly (see what I did there?), but how much is enough? How much has Maureen already spunked in the two years he’s been there? Got no dog in the fight, but I think it’s a bit harsh on the YooUtd bigwigs to say they should have backed him last summer… he’s spent what? 300m on players already? Not their fault if he’s wasted it and fully understandable they don’t want to continue to write checks. Who can blame them? I can’t…

The bigger issue, to me, is simply nobody is really expecting Maureen to actually coach the players he’s got, to improve them as such. He really is coming across as a “Championship Manager”, just buying players until he hits on a winning formula… I wonder what other managers like Poncho, Howe, Silva, even Benitiz, could have done with those checks over the last 24 months…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

I said it ages ago that they needed to fire Jose. You have to ask them, what are they waiting for exactly? It’s clear that he’s not the guy for them but they have had a season to rescue for a while but with every game, that slips away.

Utd are more than a point a game behind City and for the money they have invested in the squad and manager, that’s an absolute disgrace. Keep this up and they’ll finish 40+ points off the top, out of maybe even EL qualification and a season without silverware. Now, there’s no shame in not winning a cup but if you carry Jose all the way tilt he end of the season, next season is potentially going to be ruined as the new guy gets the team playing his way. You could always hope for a Sarri but even Pepe and Klopp needed time, so it’s best to expect this to be the way.

It’s bloody no-brainer that Jose needs to be fired, now. I think they should have been spending the last 2 months negotiating with the replacement. Zidane has been available all this time! Get him in and he’ll show you why Pogba was such an expensive player. You’ll remember or discover players in your squad, as if they were new signings. We had the same with Klopp. He got so much more out of the lads we already had and then obviously made suitable signings for his style of play, over time.

Pogba doesn’t suit Jose, Sanchez also. You know, I’m honestly not sure what attack minded players who are Drogba, actually suit Jose.

Jesus Christ, it must be miserable as a Utd supporter right now. I would be on permanent meltdown.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Chucky, exactly. Jose has been fully backed. owners want to see some return but he put soo much of their money to work and the side didn’t improve one bit. Not one tiny bit! Good money after bad, the sunken loss fallacy at a very high level.

Rafa would hopefully never go to Utd but he’s not their type of manager anyway, although TBH, he’d win them something and given the line of defensive toss they’ve had so far, they’d only be delighted to have a defensive style coach who can actually work with players on a one to one basis and tweak how they play in order to get the most out of them. TBH, the last good season that we had under Rafa, we weren’t playing very defensively at all. Ye still beat us to that title though, ye ****ers ๐Ÿ˜‰ … Good old Fergie. christ couldn’t he come out of retirement for the remainder of the season, as ye buttered up Zidane or what have you?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Mikus LFC
                                          Participant

Banjo, thatโ€™s a fair point. But if youโ€™re going to install Mourinho as manager, then you need to constantly freshen things up because things go very stale with him very quickly if you donโ€™t do that. And itโ€™ll obviously cost you big to keep doing that. If Man Utd did have a change of heart now and decided to back him, then itโ€™s now too late, thatโ€™s the point I was making. Too much damage has been done in recent months. Also the game has changed so much now that certain players in the dressing room are now untouchable, even to the manager.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 200 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.