Home Community General Football Week 15: Midweek Mayhem

This topic contains 199 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Adlab 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

A set of mid-weekers to keep us amused… with YooUtd vs the Goonies being the stand-out tie, and judging by this weekend’s performances, I only see more moans from the Moanmiester General come Thursday morning, with his precious “darlings” 11 points from Top 4…

Logic would say 3 points for all the other big-dogs, maybe it will be a wet and windy night in Watforjd, who knows?

#28810 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    126 pts

Yeah Arsenal should really be far too good for Utd considering how bad we are at the moment. Going to be a long, long season for Utd by the looks of it. No sign of Mourinho being under pressure so I fully expect them to wait until we no longer can qualify for CL before axing him and saving some money on the compensation package.

Looks like easy wins for all the competing sides at the top anyway.

#28811 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

Eddy… but will they save money? Might be wrong but if there is “X” amount left on his contract, doesn’t really matter if you fire him now or next year, what you’ll be “saving” you’re spunking on his wages in the meantime.

The bigger and better question is simply who’s next? ZZ? Can’t see in a million years YooUtd going for a Howe-type level of manager… which only leaves Arsene Wenger (how brilliant would that be????)

#28812 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    251 pts

I too can see a win for the Goonies.

#28813 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

Kinda ironic, wouldn’t mind a YooUtd win/draw… dare I dream for a 0-0?

#28814 Score: 0
    Makaveli
    Makaveli
    Participant
    49 pts

Hope to see Origi started at the top of the 4231. I will tip Liverpool to win 2-0.

#28817 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    126 pts

Chucky, I believe there is less compensation to pay if he fails to get top 4. I guess the question is whether or not they believe another man would get top 4, offsetting that extra money needed to get rid. That would only be worth a gamble if there was a manager on the market who they absolutely felt they had to do everything in their power to get in. I can’t see anybody of that ilk available or even gettable.

We’re at a crucial time though now because the board have to decide whether to trust him with the money needed to put it right in Jan. That would be a big call

#28819 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    126 pts

Utd are probably the only top club who would have gone for a Howe type of manager but the Moyes debacle put an end to that. I have honestly no idea who they could get in

#28820 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

My money is Howe scampering up the M27, M3 & M25 once Poncho bags his bags for Madrid… no idea when that will happen mind you, but I’ve seen it in the tea-leaves! 🙂

Let’s change tactic, who would you like?

#28822 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    126 pts

I honestly don’t know that either. Maybe take a punt on the Dortmund boss if he could be persuaded, although he’s been around the block a bit despite starting great at Dortmund. I am wary about Zidane but I see some appeal. I think he’d get the likes of Pogba playing to his potential, whatever that is! Regardless of how good a coach people think he is, he’d instantly command respect due to his career as both a player and a coach and his winning mentality. Not to mention him restoring some positivity back to the club’s image. Aside from them, I have no idea. I suspect the board are equally as undecided, hence the lack of urgency in getting Mourinho out

#28823 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

I think the biggest cross against ZZ would be the amount of cash he would most likely want to spend. He’d want at least 3/4 top draw players and that’s at least 200m in today’s utterly ridiculous market. But then again, Maureen going to have his begging bowl out every window anyways…

#28824 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

Huges is available… 🙂

#28826 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    57 pts

No seriously I think utd will beat aresnal

Jose is still capable of big results.

Burnley need a result and in the past we have obliged but I’m expecting us to win

City to win comfortablely at Watford

#28828 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

To have any realistic hope of Top4, YooUtd have to beat the Goonies I reckon… start closing that gap.

#28829 Score: 2

Mikus
    Participant
    15 pts

Man Utd have missed the boat on backing Mourinho – it’s too late to back him now with players, they should have done it in the summer. And now irreversible damage is being done to Mourinho and the relationship with his players as things have becomes increasingly fraught. I don’t think the board know what the hell to do now. They have paddled their way up a certain creek. Both directions now look unattractive – they don’t really want to keep paddling on this course but they don’t really want to have to have to paddle back from whence they came and start all over again. Hence you’d think they’ll look for a temporary quick fix by putting in an interim manager to lift things in the short term and limp to the end of the season and overhaul things then, though they might still think they can limp home with Mourinho. I think top 4 is off the table now regardless of whether they changed managers. If the board had any sense, they’d now write off this season and finally start planning for the longer term strategy and direction of travel of the club. To keep throwing more money at things now would be plain daft. Just cut your losses and start again next season with a new man.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 200 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.