Home Community General Football Incompetency of VAR and Officials

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Crimewatch and Corruption I am joining my Best Friend Adlab haha πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I shall try my level best to avoid that route. Had a Lifetime of it in the 90s playing Manchester United, so in actual fact, I am wholeheartedly in a much better place.

Anyway

Diaz was not Offside. Never 2 Sent Offs on Jota and Curtis.

Along with a Juggernaut from Joel Matip. If that is what is takes for Spurs to Beat Liverpool, then God Help Them (not to be rude at all)

The rush of blood from Refs in General when advised to review the Monitor cannot stick to their original decision so what does that say about them?

Those lines drawn are definitely nonsensical and illogic to what we understand and know as the letter of law.

The Offside really needs a hard line of clarity and Essentially a Retrain to All.

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Alfie_1
      Participant

Curtis was a red Nil.

Last season you lost your integrity when you said Casemiro was a clear red, so get back in your box on Curtis. Which was far, far worse.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Curtis was not Red.

Context: Curtis tried to grip the ball but unfortunately didn’t grip it in the way he intended and as a result in minor by accident his studs fell onto the shin of the Spurs player.

That is not a Red Card offence. 2 Yellows joined, ok, but Context/Consideration wasn’t taken into account. Jamie in the studio in heart and peace expressed well. Gary Neville who served Manchester United for decades from his youth exclaimed effectively the same.

Alfie, you can have a bee in bonnet or bear in sore head over Casemiro; I totally get that mate. I’m like that.

Maybe cross out the word Integrity though. I was going to suggest Credibility but ReALLY??? Are you going a little bit too far?! Casimero was Studs Up.

Own It and be Respectful about it. For what it is worth though: do you remember County Ground 1994 Eric Cantona?

Transport that to 2023; he got off lightly. Social Media and Everybody else would have Volumed in Field Day.

I’m so far with you in looking at scrapping the concept of our current VAR system.

In Majority, it is causing more misery, pain and injustice than any Enrichment.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Nike19.
          • This reply was modified 7 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Alfie_1
          Participant

I don’t necessarily have a bee in my bonnet that the ref gave Casemiro a red, but I do have a bee in my bonnet that you, and others on here, are so tribal that you stated Casemiro’s was a clear red and then when a similar incident occurs with one of your own players state that it is clearly not a red card.

You have to be better and see past club colours.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Bluemoon
            Participant

Var is brilliant but the problem lays with the officials handling var decisions or missing them. The simple answer is put the right people behind the technology. Many of the current officials are ex refs who were never rated.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Don’t remember this level of fuss when Pool are getting the calls..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Rover
                Participant

You have a point there Chucky, weren’t they known at one stage as LiVARpool. No offense intended just the fact that destiny travels around in circles, yesterday it was him today it’s me. We nearly all get it at some point in time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Beejay, hahaha that’s what it took for you to beat us. Omg. And you needed the help of Joel Matip.

Classless Maddison and Son celebrating like they’ve just won the league for the first time in god knows….

You have a good manager, but for now that’s about it!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Check this out. They admit they screwed up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66973987

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

3 points on the board and they ain’t coming off… so Lady Luck (for once!) took a dump on those extra double special Micky Mousers for a change.. oh well, best change the rules and declare a national emergency for those poor precious fans as they’re, for once, not benifiting…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

If there is an apology, then what action is taken in relation to the fixture itself? That’s unfair advantage. It doesn’t help Liverpool so classify retrospectively as match abandoned; either null and void or replay the fixture behind closed doors.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

While we’re at it, let’s replay last seasons fixture, the one where Jota nerly kicked youngs Skippy’s head from his shoulders and yet remained on the pitch to score the winner… or how that certain cup final when LiVARpool were given the most bullshit of penalties in the history of bullshit penalties 8 seconds into the game? Can we replay those too? Can we?

Or, as LiVARpool won those, we’ll forget about them?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Bluemoon
                                Participant

No games have ever been replayed because of an error by an official and there’s been millions. Just take it on the chin and move on , there’s worst things in life as Klopp himself alluded to.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Rover
                                  Participant

Not sure if anyone watched the Chelsea Brighton carabo cup game earlier this week where the replay showed Jackson to be onside for his 2nd goal and Broja was blown offside in his own half with the only the Brighton keeper in front of him πŸ˜‚. There’s no var in that competition so it’s really about inept officials.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Do all Managers get invited via Conference teams call or a meeting of some nature, to be allowed a platform to discuss these operations and whether or not they are working?

Surely they should be able to put forward sensibly their input.

Stockley Park is not on the actual ground. The groundsmanship on Spurs was immaculate the lines or divisions were accurate for everybody to see.

No need for any further lines. Those above in the gantry can see.

Too much time forensically faffing around trying to look for a problem which spells in itself that the matter isn’t clear and obvious.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Adlab
                                      Participant

Is it time to scrap VAR? IMO yes. Too many controversial decisions like his nose was offside or the ball brushed a hand when the player couldn’t get out of the way. Tried but not succeeded. Time to cease a bad experiment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Adlab
                                        Participant

I would change the offside rule so that if any part of the body is ONside then you are ONside.

A handball must be deliberate not just the ball hitting an arm from 2ft

I mentioned in posts this week about the appalling standard of refereeing and I believe I’m right.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Jones was a red absolutely no doubt jota had to go as he was in a yellow and you just don’t slide in. No complaints. We are playing very well. We look very dangerous and you lose a game you don’t Make excuses. Really enjoying watching us playing and if we can keep 11 on the pitch we will be fine

Congrats to spurs. You have to accept defeat unlike a lot on here who are constantly coming up with excuses and are the most biased fans I’ve ever come across

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.