Home Community General Football Euro Cup (and Squad!)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Not long now, hate the bloody qualifiers but love the comp itself… 🙂

No idea who’s favourites or playing well, can’t even tell have the players in half the squads anymore.

Anyway, not surprised about Madders, both Foden and Palmer have that “spot” sorted… very surprised both Watkins and Tooney are going, thought one or the other (and I would have picked Watkins to be honest)… surprised Shaw is in there, purely based on his fitness issues rather than talent… but very surprised Grealish isn’t in there… and both Wharton and Mainoo too, maybe one of them but both? Would have left one of them for Grealish for sure…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Grealish has been abysmal, shocked Maddison didn’t go.Would have never taken Shaw,tbh.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Didn’t know it was on and sounds like I got lucky…

First ten games of the season Madders should and would have gone, but last 15 games after the ankle, wasn’t pulling up trees…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Grealish has one good seasin at city. Didn’t deserve to go either did maddison who dod a spurs

England will never get a better chance. I hope they do well but only if southgate takes the handbrake off.

Hooe to see scotland and holland do well. I think portugal could do well

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

2 up after 18 minutes… and the Jocks have shown absolute zero going forwards, reckon this is “GAME OVER”

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

That was harsh, outside the box for me…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Good call from VAR there… I gues it can work!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

VAR can work if not operated by morons and there lies the problem with the PL.

Anyway, my adopted home nation looking good, or is it more Scotland looking terrible? Seems they accepted getting beat from the first whistle.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    threeps
                    Participant

Looks a pen and a red

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Gameover now… and no complaints there, spot on 3p’s!!

But, as you say, are the Jocks making the sausage munchers look good by being so bad or are they that good? I think it’s more of the former myself, the Jocks have offered nothing, even with 11…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Off to bed, been a look enough week as it is and this is done like a 115 excuse…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          threeps
                          Participant

Very impressed with the way germany can switch it about up top. Yes they play possesion as nearly everyone these days but they go slow, go fast, down one flank then switch. Very good to watch.

Win it? Maybe, probably not. Will be harder games than sadly what Scotland offered.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Rover
                            Participant

Losing against Germany in Germany is not a disgrace but 5-1? Complete wrong team selection, you need your best skillful players for this tournament, it’s not the EPL, playing a bunch of physical oafs was a big mistake by Clarke. For goodness sake play those technical guys,the few you have will make a difference.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

I didn’t watch the second half but impressed with the first. Even though it was Scotland as the opposition, you can’t take anything away from the Germans. Just the type of textbook football you would want to see in how to break a team down. The style out was showing one touch sync football, movement off the ball and driving penetration through the midfield. Direct football.

Forgot the guys name, but the number 10 really is a handful.

Looking forward to see what comes from the other teams today.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

3ps @ 8:36, I could hug you for that comment. You are so right! That’s exactly what struck me. Communication was clear and concise and the whole handling of it was efficient. It’s the Premier League that’s a screw up with incompetency.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  threeps
                                  Participant

Nil, you’re talking about Musiala who represented England from U15 until U21 and had the choice betwrrn England and Germany. Another ex-Chelsea youth player going onto World stardom

I predicted on the other website that he and Wirtz were thr ones to watch this tournament and they both looked superb yesterday.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

My brother mentioned Wirtz. Definitely one to watch after y’day along with Musaila.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

You at the euro squads compared to 20 years ago.

Not sure any of the current england team would get into the 2004 team. Rooney was only 18 but absolutely world class at that age

You look at frances squad then compared to now. Italy aswell.

I was astonished at how weak spains stsrting 11 is. Curcella spain 1st choice left full is maddneess.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Know what you mean… no team look even remotely strong as teams as yesteryear… don’t think Engerland are ever going to have a better chance than this…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Sean, you are completely right mate re Rooney at 18. He was world class. Different gravy of players too back in those days.

I’m not too hopeful with England. I’m just enjoying the tournament as it comes. I enjoyed the afternoon games yesterday; just had a slight flashback of USA 94 lol. Magical Times 😎

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 216 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.