Home Community General Football Winter Transfer Window

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Bit early? Perhaps…

Anyway, expecting Spuds to splash some cash after a “poundsavers” summer, being linked a few (as is everybody)… haven’t seen the “Bale back to Spuds for the new Stadium” headline… yet!! ?

So, 11 games in, who would you like to see show up in your Christmas Stockings?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

Liverpool are β€˜paying’ for not freshening up the attack, so an attacker would be good. Whether the Fekir deal will be resurrected I don’t know? But there has to be some pragmatism as January is a difficult window. Off the top of my head as to who else might be realistically available, he might be getting on a bit now, but I’ve always rated Dzeko. Not sure he’s a Klopp player though. But he always came up with a goal in the big moments and his scoring stats are very impressive. Could be a great relatively cheap impact player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Problem I see for Pool is a bit similar to the Spuds, when fit I would imagine Salah, Mane and Gnasher would be 1st choice, going to a very confident player (or bloody expensive!) who would want to fight for a spot against that lot. Plus, no idea about Pool’s wallet, but even with the Wee Phil money, got to be a bit empty hasn’t it?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

Banjo, ideally we need first team competition for those front 3. Several teams have now learnt to somewhat nullify them, so we need something different up there. Probably not much to spend though after the summer outlay as you say.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Stay away from that ugly Welsh twat called Bale,so fucking past his best and injury prone.Only sign Aldi if Jones,Rojo,and Lindelof are gone.Sanchez.Mata,Herrera, to do one.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

I’d be very happy if we brought in Ake and got rid of Smalling and/or Jones. Really like Ake. I saw him in a youth game for Chelsea against Utd a few years back and he was the best player on the pitch. He’s really developed well.

Other than that, I don’t know who we could get in. We need so many players replacing to even think about challenging

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Things going from bad to worse for Utd with De Gea set to join PSG. Can’t blame him at all. It’s a shit league but he’s guaranteed CL footy there along with a decent chance of winning it, not to mention the attraction of living in Paris compared to Manchester!

Massive window for Utd. Do the board trust Jose with another huge spending spree after how much we’ve wasted so far. To be fair, we don’t know if they have been Mourinho’s choices but it’s very much a case of stick or twist with the next window.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Ed-I really feel sorry for the best goalie in the world not to be able to win major trophies every season.DDG should join one of PSG,Bayern or Juve-in January.United should do a Dortmund-sign young talents from allover the world,forget the quick-fix approach,its not working.

ps: I say=shaft,deep and hard,lol.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

For those alone,this fella deserves to the best paid and win trophies-every year!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        srd79
                        Participant

I read the De Gea to Paris rumours too. Can’t blame him if he goes, but for United it’ll be like the final nail in the coffin. It’s not just losing a worldclass keeper, it’s also losing someone who actually knows how to win the league. He’s a SAF player. And he’s in his prime. You can’t replace him.

If I had to mention one position to upgrade on I wouldn’t know what to say. I think we’re dire all over the pitch.

I’d like to see Young stay as a back up/ squad player, but Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Fellaini, Rojo, LindelΓΆf, Mata, Sanchez and perhaps Lukaku should all be looked to sell on.

I guess I’d like a striker in the mould of Van Nistelrooy to play up front with Martial and Rashford. Someone with a killer instinct and a worldclass first touch. Lukaku hasn’t got that.

But who fits that description? Perhaps Kane. But would he come to United? No way.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by srd79.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

“I’d be very happy if we brought in Ake”. Me to Ed!?

“Allegedly” Chelsea have first dibs on Ake if Sarri wants him as part of the deal when he was sold to Bournemouth???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Nine ? ah yes but your club won’t be stupid enough to offer him Β£800k a week!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Is Liverpool really ready to let Fabinho go already?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                srd79
                                Participant

They did let Wobbie Keane go after just half a season. He was a pretty expensive signing at the time. Selling him back then proved a smart move. Why wouldn’t they do the same thing again if they see the signs things just aren’t going to work out? In that case better now than later before his value drops.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Wobbie Keane my Viking friend Ragnar???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has cooled talk of a January deal for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld.

Mourinho admits the days of buying players from Tottenham are over.

He said, “Is Manchester United larger than Tottenham in terms of history and size? I think everyone would answer ‘yes’ to that. Can you also buy the best players from Tottenham? No, because they do not sell. They have become so powerful that they can say ‘no’. A few years ago Carrick was their best player. And who was that a few years after that? Right, Berbatov.

“Can we now report to Tottenham for Harry Kane? For Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen or Heung-Min Son? No. So who is more powerful now? They or we? I know we should do better, certainly, but it is different to compare the current Manchester United with the former club. That comparison is impossible.

“Not only because Manchester United was fantastic, but also because there was a big gap with the other clubs. And that’s not how it is now.”
                                      Spurs bigger than United now,according to Jose,lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mav, I watched that interview and Spurs being bigger than United was not what he said at all.

I thought it was a very sensible and factual interview by Jose fully illustrating the difficulties in today’s transfer market.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

27-Spurs ARE bigger than United right now,Arsenal too.Players from the likes of Spurs,Arse,Everton etc,should have the ambition to play for the likes of Barca,Real,Bayern,Juve,PSG-not United.Them times are long gone,facht!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Adlab
                                          Participant

Dont think we will be signing anybody unless we can get a top class Fernandino type.
                                            Unlikely in this window. Probably wait til summer,
                                            Utd above all need some creative midfield. Also they need to think about Jones, Smalling, Young and Valencia. I, of course, hope they keep them. Especially Jones!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 219 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.