Home Community General Football Weekend Football 28 Matchday ⚽️

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Places to be swapped for sure with the Top 3

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Makaveli
      Blocked

I’m more confident than I was, but that isn’t saying much.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Cant see us winning. City are just a machine. Arsenal be top monday morning

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

If City are such a machine why are they not already top? Were they a machine when they recently dropped points at home against a poor Chelsea team? This season so far they are not as good as the team that is currently top and that team is the one they play away on Sunday. If anyone should be scared it should be the City fans.

All three of the challengers are equally capable of churning out constistant high quality results because that is what all three have been doing for the majority of the season. I don’t see why City are on a level higher than Liverpool or Arsenal so that they are to be feared so much.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Won 16 out of 18 drawing 2. They have been here so many times and always prevailed as winners even if it was by a point.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

It’s a Man United under Ferguson thing because of the bulked up Titles won; it’s ‘human nature’. Were they supposed to have scored 3 goals in the last 15 minutes back in 2022 versus Villa, 2-0 up? Yes, No? But it happened. I’ve expressed so many times; there’s a T-1000 Factor.

Eventually it will end, but a new Legacy may well be in place under Arsenal and Arteta and they must be taken seriously.

I had mentioned somewhere on these pages I don’t recall ever seeing a Genuine 3 Horse TITLE RACE since the Inception of the Premier League or beyond.

Just kinda have to wait and see what unfolds.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Well one thing I would add, no team has held a bigger point lead in being ahead of the chasing/closest rivals.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Mikus LFC
                  Participant

I just think you have to win these games, particularly when things are so tight. And also for psychological reasons.

Both sides are closely matched, but I don’t think either team are quite at the heights they were a few seasons ago. Indeed comparing goal differences to a few seasons back, both sides are a bit more leaky and not quite as prolific up top. I think City are a bit more dependent on the De Bruyne/Haaland link up (with Foden obviously contributing well). I think Endo has been crucial to Liverpool being more solid and they’ve really missed him when he’s not been unavailable. Salah has obviously been important too. I think for Liverpool a lot depends on the progress of Nunez. He’s obviously been in good form recently but he needs to show this in the big games now in the big moments.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Makaveli
                    Blocked

Threeps, I agree except for our injuries but looking at the players whoa re now available and seemingly fit, we’re not in the worst shape ever.

I am not ruling out a win for us at all. I’m still not over-the-top confident but you’re right, we’re top of the table right now because we’ve been the best team so far.
                      I am still a bit worried that our injuries have caused some wear and tear amongst those who are available. We looked tired 2 matches ago. getting the few players back though might shift the load a bit.

I’ve bet on Liverpool to win.
                      The bookies arent giving us a snowball’s chance but City haven’t beaten us at Anfield many times at all.

I will say though Threeps, I think other sides do better against them by playing a style that can frustrate City. We tend to play our way, and that may be enough.
                      If our key players are on top form tomorrow then it doesn’t matter what City do, we’ll beat them.
                      it is however a lot to ask for… for your players to all be on top form. It’s usually not realistic.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Makaveli
                      Blocked

City have the best squad in world football. They are the freshest team in the game. they haven’t suffered injuries because they can rotate players in and out all the time.
                        this is the main issue I have with their financial doping.

I said it before and people disagreed then and they will likely disagree now but I think that Liverpool has the best 11 in the PL. I am not talking about a best collection of 11 world class players, although we do have some of the best int he world in some positions. I am saying that our first 11 (fully fit, fresh etc) is the best in the PL. It is too thin though IMO. We don’t have the quality to rotate enough and it costs us more injuries.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

If we looking at this as a Parallel between Liverpool and City, City have been able to utilize their squad in luxury as they have the best players and ‘ready made’. Liverpool on the other hand have been forced, yet the same results effectively achieved albeit, Liverpool have already a Trophy under their belts.

The Gunners struck gold I believe with Declan Rice, but I believe we’ve struck Gold too in Mac Allister. We just need all our players to click and more of our valuable ones to be back from injury.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          threeps
                          Participant

Mak, how do you mean frustrate City? I don’t think those that sit back with a low block have success against them as city just keep to their principles and usually wear them down. See last week against Utd. I think you need to be aggressive and not let them dictate the pace, so I think Liverpool has one of the best styles to get a result against them.

I ask what you mean because a lot of the time when people say frustrate a team it means don’t give them any space to play in.

We have a lot of injuries but we are at Anfield so I think it could go either way or be a draw. I don’t see neither city or liverpool as strong favorites or either as the leagues form team, that accolade goes to Arsenal who have fantastic momentum going into the home straight.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Everyon be kicking themselves. Totally dominant yet be two down. Great play by gernacho for the two pens

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Spot on re first Para and the point of aggression Three P’s.

I agree with this point because you only have to point in the direction of Wolves and Villa.

A bad choice going a goal up and sitting back knowing there are going to be 95 minutes played on average each week with injury time totted up.

City are unique as mentioned like United were in getting goals even in the last 10-15 minutes.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

United have the 2 pens and are now growing in the second. Everton not made the most of what they offered in the first half, and that’s essentially been the story of this match so far.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Alfie_1
                                  Participant

Not the best performance from us. Cannot believe the money spent on players in the past few seasons.

Two clear pens and a couple more that would have been given if against us.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Makaveli
                                    Blocked

Ya Threeps, I was talking about teams parking the bus. I find that to be a frustrating style of football but you’re not wrong, it does suit City, as they will pass from side to side until they find that bit of space and then that tactic is destroyed once more.

Other sides do need to be a bit braver with them alright but they never are.

I put a few euro on us to win, as I think they are kinda generous with the odds for once. That isn’t me being super confident that we’ll win but I don’t think we’ll lose.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Ye alfie big money but how good has johnny evans been on a free?

Always rated him and said he was better then maguire when utd signed him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        CM
                                        Participant

Poor performance again.

Not going to bother watching this lot again this season. Part of the reason you follow this sport is to be entertained, not go through drab.

How easy is it for teams to transition from their own box to United’s within a few simple passes.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Makaveli
                                          Blocked

What ever happened to Dominic Calvert lewin? I haven’t been following him this season. is it a continuation of his injury issues? I never hear about him anymore. he used to be a decent player.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 194 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.