Home Community General Football Week 4: Because I can…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

And I have nothing to do at work…

Already getting ready for the 1st “break” in the season, and the last round of matches before the transfer window slams shut (not that there is anybody to buy, Jammy Todgers have bought them all! πŸ™‚ ),
      so get these out the way for the season really starts, along with the Euro footy comps kicking in!!

Best two games of the weekend are on Sunday, a “high as a kite” Pool taking on everybody’s “dark horses” in the disguise of Aston Villa, and finishing with the Goonies against YooUtd… two games it would take a brave man to gamble his Monster Munch on…

As for my Spuds, slightly tricky away game against a much talked about but not really walking about Burnley (and I’ve just jinxed it!) but I would have bitten your hand off for 10 points from 12 for the opening leg of the season…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Villa look a good side. Tough game but we are at home. No konate and vvd. We really need few more bodies before Friday.

Arsenal v utd is a huge game already this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Seagulls vs the Bone Saw Boyz could be interesting too… will the Bone Saw Boyz sit back and counter like they always seem to do at home? Or will they risk it for a biscuit?? Certainly not a 0-0 there…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Not really impressed with Eddie Howe or his assistant and get the feeling he might be a little out of his depth in driving his team to the next level. They do have good players with the ability but its whether or not they are then able to manage CL

The same test for Man United and I dont think they are convincing.

Tricky to call, but yeah could be goals at either end. Surprising from a Seagulls point of view. Would either lose 2 on the bounce.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            threeps
            Participant

Tough game for Newcastle, lose that and its 3 losses out of 4. That would make it a pretty bad start although not the easiest for them.

Howe has surprised me, I thought he was the wrong choice for NUFC as his teams always seems very soft to play against but he’s done well.

His substitution yesterday weren’t great unless there were problems as Tonali and Gordon were two of their better players. He should have gone for it whilst he could. 1-0 is always dangerous going into the last 10 minutes even against 10 men.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Ye threeps I had major doubts on Howe but newcastje are a tough side. They foul a lot. No idea how joelinton wasn’t booked yday. Howe has turned him into a beast of a player. So strong and gets through a lot of work

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Majority of PL matches are going to be a challenge and no easy ride. Look at Sheff United for example. Man City weren’t really at the best apart from Grealish and Rodri.

I don’t think any team has got it easy. Liverpool had to play Chelsea on the opening day and let’s be honest, Newcastle were favourites y’day. Bournemouth we slipped and turned around, so if anything, coming away with 7 points out of 3 I would say very good.

City I know head and shoulders, but are still made to work for their results. Unpredictable in essence and those with the best squad depth, tactics, quality and ultimately grit will come out the best.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Easy win for Arsenal against United,we have no midfield.Going for a 4:1win for the Gunners.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    steveosnakeeye
                    Participant

Not a chance Dr Nick unless Arteta pats our best team which means dropping havertz which he won’t
                      He will play players out of position and we will concede and will struggle to actually score ourselves
                      Arteta has made us worse over the summer it’s ridiculous

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Buffy-The only way we will score is if your players score own goals,or if we get penalties.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Not sure on the ins and outs of Luton in terms of meeting regulations of PL but boy, the surface looks tops. Nothing like Kenilworth Road of previous generations haha; when I was growing up lol πŸ˜€ Whelan etc were tested lol πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

Come On Luton !! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

That sucks… for some reason they’ve got the Fulham/Forest games on my telly… and lots of F1…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Alvarez for City

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Just been catching up after having a cuppa and a bite to eat; on the BBC live text alerts, 2 fans have really exerted their disappointment towards VAR allowing Man City’s second goal to stand. One has reached the point of being ‘done with the game’.

I’m not surprised personally ever since Rodri’s handball. It reminds me of Man United late 90s and 00s. Decisions are simply going their way and they’ll be handed the Title.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Sounds like the ADSC have ‘got away with one’ according to gossip… which can’t be true according to Adders becasue they never get away with anything…. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Come on Forest…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Is that gonna be too good to be true?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Haha, yes Chucks, I would like Adlab’s thoughts on this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Nottm’ Tottm’ Stars πŸ˜€ Both winning πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Hmm… 5 for Spuds and still 30 to play… and they put on the Forest came… at least Forest are winning!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 225 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.