Home Community General Football Week 21: New Year Nonsense

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Wishing you all a great New Year!

After a disastrous end to 2018, the fizz in my beans is well and truly flat. Can my Spuds bounce back from the general spanking and nipple twisting the Puppies with Teeth gave us? I bloody hope so!

Naturally, this week all eyes are on Thursday, with a win for Pool pretty wrapping up the title I reckon, certainly a must win for City I feel…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Happy New-Year to everyone!

Snizzle me fizzle,Kylie! Why do you like beans so much? Really looking forward to Thursday`s game myself,hoping for a goal-feast,someffin like 5-5.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

I couldn’t possibly call this match. I hope to see Liverpool employ the high pressing game against city, as it gives us our best chance of winning. After seeing City play Southampton, it’s clear that they are back to their best. Southampton definitely had their moments but when city were dominant, they were all over them. The blip is over and it’s back to spanking pretty much every team in the PL, from here on. So, I’m less confident that even a win for Liverpool will be quite as defining as people are suggesting.

Liverpool haven’t had their blip yet and people are talking as if it won’t happen. Non-Liverpool fans are anyway. It’s pretty quite from our lads, don’t you think? That’s for good reason. We already know that city can get 100 points from a league campaign. They can match and further our current 9 wins in a row no problem. We know how good they can be on their day.

I was worried about the Arsenal game and ok, I couldn’t have been more wrong about that. it was a complete joke of a game but I am not wrong here, City are obviously the real deal. It’s funny how quickly people forget that (3 games).

I think it’s 55 : 45 in favour of City winning this match. I say that because of how the previous game went and more because this is away from home. So, it’s very close.

I can’t wait for this match and hope it won’t be a disappointing 0-0, kinda! πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Kylie-Plus,you know what they say about beans,right?.Beans,beans,its good for your heart,they more you eat………………………

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

It’s one of those games where nothing would surprise me. City winning 4-0 is as unsurprising as Liverpool doing it, likewise a 0-0 stalemate. I think City will win but I wouldn’t like to have any money on it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Eddy-You can have any money on it,on Kylie`s behalf,lol.She is loaded,that much I know!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Mak, I’m
                  Waiting for our blip mate.

We will have a poor run of form soon and it’s how we bounce back which will determine how we finish

I still fully expect city to win the league.

I was very confident we would beat aresnal.

No idea how Thursday will go but expect city to win and us be 4 points clear with all to play for

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  gjblues
                  Participant

“I still fully expect city to win the league”
                    You should be a City fan, Sean ?, with that pessimism. I thought United would still win the league last season when we were 13 clear at Christmas.
                    I can understand it though with, as you said in another post, your recent disappointments.
                    May the best team, on the day, win on Thursday.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Happy New Year One and All.

Hope 2019 brings you guys all health and happiness.

πŸ™‚

Sort of an early Morning start, though looking forward to a programme of Footie,

This all feels weird in my normal routine upset lol! Grrr πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Happy New Year y’all good luck and good health in 2019 to everyone.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Oz Yob
                        Participant

HNY cyber chums.

C$ty have too much riding on this game, I’m with Sean & think they will win. 3-1 is my prediction. How we bounce back after this defeat will be interesting.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

I’m getting very nervous about the Spuds game later, I think the team just looks tired at the moment and the injuries/world cup/no pre-season/signings has finally caught up with us…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            cityboy54
                            Participant

I hate to say it but I can see Liverpool go all season unbeaten and if we are second to that at the end of the season …..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              cityboy54
                              Participant

A young team totally in tune with in tune each other …city on the other hand ..silva and Ferdinand over 30…and kompany ..etc..sorry just being honest

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

City boy, absolutely no
                                  Way will we go unbeaten. I thought the same about city a month ago

Silva and ferdhino might be getting on but they are performing at a very high level mate

City really are a fantastic team and Liverpool need to win something this season. No point getting over excited about being top now. I really hate all this chat about us.

I love the way klopp is playing it. He’s literally telling everyone to calm down and everything can change very quickly

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  cityboy54
                                  Participant

As Roy Walker used to say …..just saying what I see ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Not watching it but it sounds like the Toffee vs Foxy Ladies game is one I’d be switching off if I was…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Terrible game banjo

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

I’m trying to reserve my judgment until after the match. the result doesn’t equate to an absolute, in terms of where the title goes but I think if we beat City that we will likely go on to win the league. I don’t say that as a fan, the fan in me wants to STFU.

Look, I think we’re all aware that Klopp is the real deal. We’re also completely aware that Pep is too. These 2 lads have enriched the PL, so no matter what happens, it’s good to see this epic battle between 2 outstanding managers. They have history, a history of respect and almost admiration for eachother. I think they just quietly acknowledge that on any given day, one can outdo the other.

In the past we’ve talked about Liverpool not having the spine to realistically challenge for the title. The transition and even phases we’ve had under Klopp has been the most interesting one I’ve lived through as a fan. The task to get just where we are now took investment and more importantly, it took time. If you look back at our league positions for various times through-out the season under Klopp, it doesn’t look that impressive. We spent a long time creating and developing our attack but we were a glass cannon. We’re no longer a glass cannon and although I think teams can absolutely come out on top against us, there’s a solid spine there now. Our attack is coming back online but our defence is the hero of this campaign so far. Now, we’re looking at the team clicking a bit better and there’s just something very un-Liverpool about it now. I say this as an observer from the early 90s, not before.

I’m not saying we will do it, now. I am saying that we have the characteristics to though, finally.

Being a fan can mean that you will see the potential to win tough games , where logic maybe says that it’s not going to happen. It can also mean that you refuse to believe what your rational brain is telling you for fear of having some kind of negative impact on things. It’s a superstitious game.

I have this in my mind lately because we’re so far ahead. I mean, it happened so fast also and that is a factor. easy come, easy go, you know? At what point do we shake off the extremely cautious shroud and just admit that we’ll most likely win the title? The bookies say that’s the case right now. I’m not yet ok with it myself but I look at this match on Thursday and I think, if we win this, we’ll probably win the title. I say it not out of hope and I don’t back back out of the fear I’ve talked about. I say it as someone looking at what Liverpool are now and think that 10 points is enough of a gap for them to run for the finish line.

it’s not said in any presumptuous way. My point is that were I not a Liverpool fan, I think this is where I would call it too.

I hope this hasnt been a shite wall of text, apologies if it is.

My ending thoughts are that Liverpool have GOT to win this match.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Mak, I think a draw would be a very good result for Liverpool and a win a brilliant result and probably the defining moment of the title race.

I think City have got to win it to keep their challenge really alive,a draw wouldn’t imo totally rule City out but I think it would still be very difficult to reel in 7 points on this Liverpool side and to reel in 10 points would be almost impossible imo I just can’t see Liverpool losing 3/4 of their next 17 games in that circumstance. Just my opinions though mate for what their worth. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 110 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.