Home Community General Football Week 21: New Year Nonsense

This topic contains 109 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  nine nine nine 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    236 pts

Wishing you all a great New Year!

After a disastrous end to 2018, the fizz in my beans is well and truly flat. Can my Spuds bounce back from the general spanking and nipple twisting the Puppies with Teeth gave us? I bloody hope so!

Naturally, this week all eyes are on Thursday, with a win for Pool pretty wrapping up the title I reckon, certainly a must win for City I feel…

#30554 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    262 pts

Happy New-Year to everyone!

Snizzle me fizzle,Kylie! Why do you like beans so much? Really looking forward to Thursday`s game myself,hoping for a goal-feast,someffin like 5-5.

#30556 Score: 0
    Makaveli
    Makaveli
    Participant
    64 pts

I couldn’t possibly call this match. I hope to see Liverpool employ the high pressing game against city, as it gives us our best chance of winning. After seeing City play Southampton, it’s clear that they are back to their best. Southampton definitely had their moments but when city were dominant, they were all over them. The blip is over and it’s back to spanking pretty much every team in the PL, from here on. So, I’m less confident that even a win for Liverpool will be quite as defining as people are suggesting.

Liverpool haven’t had their blip yet and people are talking as if it won’t happen. Non-Liverpool fans are anyway. It’s pretty quite from our lads, don’t you think? That’s for good reason. We already know that city can get 100 points from a league campaign. They can match and further our current 9 wins in a row no problem. We know how good they can be on their day.

I was worried about the Arsenal game and ok, I couldn’t have been more wrong about that. it was a complete joke of a game but I am not wrong here, City are obviously the real deal. It’s funny how quickly people forget that (3 games).

I think it’s 55 : 45 in favour of City winning this match. I say that because of how the previous game went and more because this is away from home. So, it’s very close.

I can’t wait for this match and hope it won’t be a disappointing 0-0, kinda! 😉

#30558 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    262 pts

Kylie-Plus,you know what they say about beans,right?.Beans,beans,its good for your heart,they more you eat………………………

#30559 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    139 pts

It’s one of those games where nothing would surprise me. City winning 4-0 is as unsurprising as Liverpool doing it, likewise a 0-0 stalemate. I think City will win but I wouldn’t like to have any money on it

#30564 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    262 pts

Eddy-You can have any money on it,on Kylie`s behalf,lol.She is loaded,that much I know!

#30567 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    64 pts

Mak, I’m
    Waiting for our blip mate.

We will have a poor run of form soon and it’s how we bounce back which will determine how we finish

I still fully expect city to win the league.

I was very confident we would beat aresnal.

No idea how Thursday will go but expect city to win and us be 4 points clear with all to play for

#30570 Score: 0

gjblues
    Participant
    36 pts

“I still fully expect city to win the league”
    You should be a City fan, Sean 😊, with that pessimism. I thought United would still win the league last season when we were 13 clear at Christmas.
    I can understand it though with, as you said in another post, your recent disappointments.
    May the best team, on the day, win on Thursday.

#30584 Score: 0
    newbalance
    newbalance
    Participant
    65 pts

Happy New Year One and All.

Hope 2019 brings you guys all health and happiness.

🙂

Sort of an early Morning start, though looking forward to a programme of Footie,

This all feels weird in my normal routine upset lol! Grrr 😀 🙂

#30585 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    337 pts

Happy New Year y’all good luck and good health in 2019 to everyone.💥

#30586 Score: 0

Oz Yob
    Participant
    21 pts

HNY cyber chums.

C$ty have too much riding on this game, I’m with Sean & think they will win. 3-1 is my prediction. How we bounce back after this defeat will be interesting.

#30600 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    236 pts

I’m getting very nervous about the Spuds game later, I think the team just looks tired at the moment and the injuries/world cup/no pre-season/signings has finally caught up with us…

#30601 Score: 0

cityboy54
    Participant
    10 pts

I hate to say it but I can see Liverpool go all season unbeaten and if we are second to that at the end of the season …..

#30602 Score: 0

cityboy54
    Participant
    10 pts

A young team totally in tune with in tune each other …city on the other hand ..silva and Ferdinand over 30…and kompany ..etc..sorry just being honest

#30605 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    64 pts

City boy, absolutely no
    Way will we go unbeaten. I thought the same about city a month ago

Silva and ferdhino might be getting on but they are performing at a very high level mate

City really are a fantastic team and Liverpool need to win something this season. No point getting over excited about being top now. I really hate all this chat about us.

I love the way klopp is playing it. He’s literally telling everyone to calm down and everything can change very quickly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.