Home Community General Football Summer 2023 transfer window

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 767 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

I don’t think we have a thread for this yet so I’ll start off with some, for me, very surprising news yesterday about Mason Mount. I’m not delighted about this tbh. I’ve never really understood what Mason Mount is good at and I’m not convinced he’s what we need.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Ye I thought mount be perfect for us in my playing in a midfield 3. No were else. Not sure were he fits into the utd team. His best position is a ten but Bruno miles better.

Utd play 4-2-3-1 so unless he takes erikson place? Be interesting to see how much he goes for

Kovacic to city gathering pace aswell. Be a great signing as looks like gundogan is going

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Mount has bundles of energy and can pick a pass. I would have taken him at us but not with measlaiter aswell. To similar. We need an absolute unit along with Macallister

Looks like mount picked utd over Liverpool which is fair enough. Cl over Thursday night football wins all day long

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Replacement for Erik for sure…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Yeah Sean, looks that way. Think we were both after Mount and Mac Allister and looks like one chose Liverpool and the other chose Utd.

Yeah I’d imagine so Chucky. Love Eriksen but his legs can’t handle 2 90min games a week.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

With regards to my Spuds…

Expecting Harry to stay and leave for free next summer (either YooUtd or Abu Dhabi)… would take 40 for Blondie if somebody offers it… keep Sonny and Kulu… Danjuma won’t be staying… and I doubt Gil wants to come back so some sort of Winger would be needed to replace him and Lucas… hoping for Maddison to finally replace Erik…

As for midfield.. Bentacur to come back, would sell Hodge-podeg if a decent offer comes in, leaves us with Skipp, Sarr, Bousimma (and Winks back from loan)… so another CM needed but no realistic idea of who… and what to do with N-Dumb and Lo Cecil???

Royal & Porro haven’t looked too bad playing at the same time on the right side… (haven’t looked brilliant either I should add!) so not the weakest spot in the team…

Left side is an injury prone Ryan (sell if enough comes in!)… Daives keep as back-up and I reckon Perisic is off back to Italy… but we have that Ittalian lad coming… haven’t seen him kick a ball so jury is out… but no need for anybody (unless Chillwell is kicked out at the Jammy Dodgers, nab him for sure!)

CB’s…. keep Romero, Sanchez will probalbly leave… Dier.. enough said… (and the same for Lenglet)… try for La Porte (but I reckon he’s off to Spain) but certainly another CB from somewhere…

And a new goalie…

But I guess it all comes down to getting a new manager first (and probably seeing who’s left in the market come August!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Kane to Abu Dhabi Chucky? How you working that one out? Kane has 1 option this season if he wants to get the PL goals record and that’s Utd. Saudi Arabia might be able to tempt him, mind. That would be some statement by them now they have CL football. Next season, assuming Poch gets Chelsea performing, I wouldn’t rule out Kane to Chelsea. Of course, it’s all about what is more important to him, trophies or the goals record. He could easily guarantee trophies by going to Bayern, Real Madrid or PSG, all of whom would take him in a heartbeat.

So, imo he needs to pick between trophies (Real, Bayern, PSG) or the goals record and a slightly higher chance of trophies than at Spurs (Newcastle, Utd, Chelsea) or he stays put and becomes a hero, the record goalscorer but pretty much says no thanks to winning anything.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Kane is an absolutely outstanding player. His finishing is unreal and his link up play is exceptional. It’s not about pace with him. He has a good few years left in him.

I think levy is trying to save face here. He be lynched if he lets him go even for 80m but still loses him for nothing next summer.

Kane needs to go. Be like sheringham going to utd. Similar players but Kane is just a goal machine

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    threeps
                    Participant

Kane to Newcastle would be an incredible signing. Not only would Newcastle get an elite striker but it would be a huge statement, telling everyone one they can compete with the big boys now.

Geordies love their strikers so he would be idolised there I’m sure.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

There was an interesting debate on the radio last night about Kane and Haaland. They were asking the question of whether both would score as many as they did if they swapped teams. As incredible as Haaland was, he still “only” finished 6 PL goals ahead of Kane. Would Kane get 36 goals in that City side? I think he would without any hesitation. Would Haaland get 30 goals in that Spurs side? It’s hard to say, as I think he relies more on the service than Kane does. Tough one but both have been immense this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

As a Spuds fan, I love Harry as much as any other, but I also love my Spuds more… can’t speak for all of them, but I’d keep him and hope whoever is the new manager can actually show signs of decent progress (which obviously depends on Levy and his check book too!) and he see’s out his career with us… I’d take that gamble. Walking out and joining YooUtd (regradless of the fee) would put the biggest dent in his legacy with us (maybe a cup or two but the Prem? Don’t think so!), Saudi don’t have a sniff of a chance so we can forget that one… but leave next summer (as there is plenty of chatter about Haaland going to Real next year, he’s just “visiting” the Prem!) and as a free agent he’ll have his choice of whatever club he fancies and going to Abu Dhabi on a freebie will give him the max. salary, max. chances of proper trophies (Prem/CL) and I don’t think any Spud-lover will begrudge him that (arguably the smallest dent in his legacy!)… I reckon he’s got at least 4/5 years left in him, he’s a sensible pro!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Walking out and joining YooUtd (regradless of the fee) would put the biggest dent in his legacy with us

Surely Chelsea would be a harder one to take than Utd? That Chelsea-Spurs rivalry is one I’ve always found a bit weird. Sometimes it feels like they can’t stand each other and they’ve been fighting around similar league positions for a long time. Yet, there seems to be no problem moving from one of them to the other. Managers switch between them without any issue (Conte, Mourinho, AVB, Poch, Glenn Hoddle to name a few). I can’t for the life of me imagine Liverpool’s best manager of recent times going to Utd or vice versa like Poch and Mourinho have done. Are rivalries just a bit tame down south or what?! πŸ˜‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Kane is one of the best in the world right now,has been for a few good years! But he doesn’t have many more years left @ the top, since he has been playing for club and country every single game.Its now for the trophies,or stay and continue with the legacy and loyalty for the club.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Sweddy Eddy-Too long of a sentence and too complicated for the suvverners to understand πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

I think Kane will end up at either Man Utd or possibly Newcastle. I just don’t see him going abroad at this stage of his career to have to learn a new language and settle into a different culture.

As for Mount, on the surface I’m like Ed in that you wonder what the fuss is about, however, I think he’s one of those players who stays tactically disciplined and always follows the manager’s instructions to a β€˜t’ and managers obviously love those kind of players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Don’t get the links to Mount, not @ all what we need.Could do with Kovacic instead, to play alongside Case and Bruno.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Rumour that both Kane and Salah wanted by PSG if they get rid of the biggest whore mankind has ever seen -Neymar.Guaranteed trophies!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Sir Harry wouldn’t even dream of going to another London club (and let’s face it, he has as much hope of winning something as those two as it does at the Spuds… and that’s no hope!)

As I said, my Monster Munch is on him rocking up at either Qatar or Abu Dhabi next summer.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Does Kane not deserve to leave now though babjo? Why would his legacy be tarnished if went to utd?

He’s given everything for a team that is going around in circles. Could understand if it was Arsenal or Chelsea. He should be allowed leave with tye fans blessing

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

I agree Sean. He’s done absolutely everything he can possibly do by himself and has no doubt been given all kinds of reassurances about top managers and top players coming in yet Spurs aren’t matching his ambitions. If the chance of the goals record wasn’t there, I think he’d go abroad but Spurs fans can’t begrudge him a move and, in doing so, must understand his willingness to get that record and thus stay in the league. If he walks away on a free, the only person to blame is Daniel Levy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 767 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.