Home Community General Football Start up

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

For better or worse, we have a start up date. I will say no more but await any good/bad news about it. There are scheduled a lot of matches and some teams will find this difficult to handle plus with all the potential comings and goings of players. I still do not understand the neutral grounds because some fans will go wherever it is played to cheer outside the ground, which means a police/steward presence which means cost and with no money coming into the pot means additional expense/loss Fans should stay away as simple as that wherever the game is played.The only plus I see is a shade towards normality which I doubt we will see until 2022 at the earliest The country has to get back on its feet. Great news from Nissan

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

The fixture list looks a little daunting for some, keeping in mind the Cup Comps have to be played and for those still in CL fixtures as well. I guess there will be no arguments from players on rotation now

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

I don’t understand why there is a fuss from the police about crowds gathering outside grounds Brian mate as thousands flocking to beaches each day.

Look at what’s going on at the minute mate.its all very lax

It’s so strange that I haven’t missed the football. It’s terrible without crowds to be honest but now we have a date, I’m starting to look forward to it. Still, another outbreak and it will curtailed Mate

I think they have done a great job in testing players and trying to make it very safe. The German model has gone well

Again,“ if “ it comes back then we have something different to discuss

I take no notice of rumoured transfers. Haven’t read much about football at all but I’ll be happy if it comes back

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

To be honest, a 2nd wave looks it’s very very likely as restrictions are being lifted in the uk and people are flicking to beaches. I’ll be suprised if the football starts on the 17th.

Ireland is into its 3rd week of phase 1 with certain restrictions being lifted but we are still locked down a lot more then the uk

Schools are closed still sept. There is still the 2 metre social distance rule and we can’t travel further then 5km.

The numbers are very low and on Friday the government will make a decision to see wether we can go into phase two.

It will be interesting to see how this week goes

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

The points you raise Sean are still a concern. Not long ago, many, particularly media and interested parties TV and betting companies, screaming for lock down to be eased, NOW the cry is…”ITS TOO SOON” I think the Police will make a judgement how many they want at game and who will pay for it. Interesting photos on TV Beaches on South coast packed Backpool virtually empty.I was on part of the Blackpool road and it was very quiet.
              As to transfers how many times has Pogba been transferred to Italy, How many times is Sanchez signing for Utd? Like you, I look at them as more fake news but I guess somebody is making a living out of making fake news articles. TV I am fed up with Lineler, Shearing and Wright keep re living the past, particularly in games they played. BBC should get more variation and interesting topics, a king of Question Time on football, although in saying that it will probably become political again!!!! It proves one thing to me the TV and media are not up for the job in getting sensible programmes/reading to the foremost. Lack of quality and foresight

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

I must admit I wonder whether we are running before we are ready to walk as a country there’s been some terrible examples of social distancing over the weekend in England on the beaches etc and with the George Floyd protests in London.

It looks like PL Football will definitely restart it’s finishing it that might be the problem because like others I can see the potential of a 2nd wave.

I understand the idea of playing certain games at neutral venues but I’m not sure that will contain the emotional explosion from Liverpool fans once the title is confirmed. I suspect the 30 years of pent up frustrations and winning their first PL trophy which has become the holy grail won’t stop Liverpool fans streaming on to the streets in the City in their 10’s of thousands once the title is finally confirmed.

I can understand that reaction but it won’t help with the fight against Cov19 and neither will protests in London and people swarming all over Bournemouth beach etc etc.

Some people seem to be oblivious to the continued dangers of Cov19 we had 13 people sitting on our green just across the street last Friday night with barely 2 feet between them. Idiots!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Nine/Brian, some very valid points lads.

Nine, ye I agree mate. In some countries it’s like everything is happening a bit to fast for countries trying to get back to normal

5/6 weeks ago Spain and Italy were in an awful
                  State. Now it’s like nothing’s happened???

Some think are government are being over cautious and there are calls for our phases to be brought forward.

Numbers are extremely low here but people are getting very lax.

I’ve no doubt a 2nd wave will come and that’s going to really upset people when restrictions are bright back in

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Ye Brian, I know what you mean mate. I very very rarely watch the build up to games or listen to any pundits

Paul Merson is dreadful. Souness is so biased and yet talks some amount of shite

Ian Wright? I just don’t get at all

I like Neville but even now he’s starting to contradict himself

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

“Lee Bowyer has revealed Charlton’s talisman Lyle Taylor is one of three players who have said they will not play when the Championship resumes.

The season is due to restart on 20 June but the club’s top goalscorer, who is out of contract at the end of the month, has informed Bowyer he does not wish to play for fear an injury could threaten his chances of a “life-changing move”.

Bowyer compared Taylor’s influence at the relegation-threatened club to Troy Deeney’s at Watford and expressed disappointment. “Lyle is a big player for us, a bit like Deeney at Watford,” the Charlton manager told TalkSport.

“When he plays, we win games and Lyle has said he is not going to play because of the risk of injury. Chris Solly said the same. And [David] Davis, who is on loan from Birmingham, said he does not want to come back and play. We are three players down but it’s just another hurdle. We’ve got another 22, 23 players that do want to play and that’s the most important thing now.”

Bowyer added of Taylor: “He’s done great for us for two years and, in my eyes, you finish what you have started. Everyone has got their own decisions to make – I cannot force them. What disappoints me the most, and I’ve spoken to Lyle about it, [is that] he wants to play but he is so worried about getting injured he is saying: ‘I won’t be the same player for you.’

“It’s difficult because he’s so big [a player] for us. He’s going to get a life-changing move. If it wasn’t for Lyle, we wouldn’t even be in this division. He has chosen now not to come back and play until the end.”

Taylor has scored 11 goals in 22 league matches this season despite hamstring and thigh injuries. The 30-year-old, formerly of Falkirk and Bournemouth, joinedon a free from AFC Wimbledon two years ago and scored 25 goals to help the club to promotion.” The Guardian 1/06

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

Pundits should have a shelf life of one season and that is too long for some. Change of face/attitude/knowledge/and stating the obvious/bandwagon trolling

All that clap track Sean and you have to look at them as well!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

As far as pundits go, there’s an awful lot of highly trained coaches working in the high end of amateur or low end of professional football who speak a great deal of sense, are very objective and come without the big I am attitude……Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Hightown hope

999 – I would be very surprised and disappointed if ’10’s of thousands’ of Liverpool fans streamed on to the streets after we’ve wrapped up the title. Certainly there will be some idiots but maybe I’m being naive, I doubt there will be as many as you are intimating. There will be no pubs open, no bus tour etc, so very little to see or do.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

Look at Bournemouth beach. Any excuse and the rules are broken. Liverpool fans are not going to stay at home. There will be thousands celebrating after 30 years. Police powers are limited. Another spike might happen. But whats the answer? I cant suggest.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Hightown, I hope I’m wrong and a message from Jürgen Klopp and the players to stay at home might help but when you look at how people swarmed the beaches at the weekend, after a 30 year wait and the delivery of the holy grail I will be pleasantly surprised if Liverpool fans can contain themselves once the title is confirmed but we’ll see.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Still have huge doubts the pl will start back

Numbers rising in Ireland after the weekebd. Can see another lockdown coming in both Ireland and the uk

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Sean, I think if the PL gets delayed or interrupted there’s every chance they’ll call it as it stands.

I read today 8 staff in a school in Derby tested positive for Coronavirus.

Far too early to send the Schools back imo. I really hope my Son holds our youngest back from returning. Cheers 9’s

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Mikus LFC
                                    Participant

Not everyone thinks there will be a second wave as the article below argues. Interesting those that condemn people for comparing the coronavirus to flu, are happy to compare it to flu when spreading fears of a second wave as is seen with flu. This thing seems to spread in tight clusters indoors as opposed to outdoors. Indeed when Governor Cuomo did a survey on where patients contracted the virus in New York, he found 66% had been sheltering at home. So lockdown does not appear to have helped with that. Also, the health chief of Norway has now admitted a lockdown was probably not necessary. But the mainstream media do not appear to be reporting these things, they just keep spreading fear. Be careful by all means, but let’s learn things about this as well, particularly given the dire economic consequences and lockdown consequences that will also cause many deaths.

Coronavirus: Second wave of deadly virus described as ‘very unlikely’ by Professor Hugh Pennington

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Different experts have different opinions see below.

The reality is nobody actually knows but loosening the lockdown rules possibly too early does carry a risk.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen.

“Around the world, coronavirus infections are beginning to fall. For the first time in ten weeks, Italy’s restaurants, bars, hairdressers and museums are reopening their doors. In some regions of Spain, people are venturing into small shops and outdoor bars and restaurant terraces; while those in the UK are able to sunbathe in parks without fear of incurring a fine. Slowly but surely, people are emerging out of lockdown.

But while we might be on the downward slope, we aren’t yet out of the woods. As the UK eases its lockdown, a second wave of infections is all but inevitable. “There will be another peak,” says Chris Smith, consultant virologist at the University of Cambridge. “As soon as you afford the virus more opportunities to spread, which is exactly what the de-escalation of a lockdown will do, then there will be another peak.”

Those second spikes of infection have already been observed in countries further along in the pandemic than the UK who were thought to have brought the virus under control. South Korea, a country often praised when discussing the successful management of coronavirus, saw a spike in infections linked to nightclubs and bars in the capital city of Seoul in early May, shortly after venues reopened. In Germany last week, public health officials announced that the effective reproduction number (R) had risen above one to 1.1. Before the country had begun lifting restrictions on April 20, officials estimated that R was at 0.7.

Guidance from UK public health authorities agree that to avoid the risk of a second wave, R needs to stay below one. “The concern here is that we’ve spent a huge amount of time and effort and resource and, of course, loss of life in trying to quell this first wave,” points out Michael Head, senior research fellow in global health at the University of Southampton. “If you then release all these quite stringent measures too soon, there’s enough cases out there to then propagate and transmit the virus further.”

History has also shown that subsequent second and third waves of outbreaks of disease can be deadlier than the initial wave of disease, which is what happened in 1918 when the Spanish Flu ravaged across the globe. Like Covid-19, little was known about the disease, and there was no vaccine. The pandemic began in January and began to taper off around August, but in September, October and November, a more devastating second wave struck.

We can try and avoid a deadlier second wave by continuing some of the public health measures that we have already been practising. Head says that now that cases are going down, measures need to be put in place to keep them low. “It should include a lot of testing and a lot of contact tracing,” he says.”

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Saw this on the other site from a United poster. It made me chuckle.?

Just remember, if you get a call from a track and tracer telling you to quarantine for 14 days, and asking who you have been in contact with, here’s your list;

Klopp
                                          Alisson
                                          Robertson
                                          Trent Alexander
                                          Wijnaldum
                                          Van Dyik
                                          Lovren
                                          Milner
                                          Henderson
                                          Salah
                                          Mane
                                          Firmino

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

“Chelsea are reportedly pushing for an increase to nine substitutes for the remainder of the suspended Premier League season.

Top-flight action in England is set to return on June 17, marking 100 days since football was put on pause due to the coronavirus pandemic, with Project Restart getting approval last week.

According to various reports, Chelsea are pushing for an increase in size of the matchday squad from 18 players to 20 and, therefore, allowing two further players to sit on the bench and increase the options available to managers.” Standard 2/06

Not sure about the above whilst Chelsea’s proposal might make sense personally I think we should be maintaining the integrity of the competition pre Cov19.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.