Home Community General Football Reality check

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 250 total)
  • Author
    Mick Far
    Participant

The final episode of the, at longest, 3 yearly Maureen cycle. He sells off promising youth (Martial, Rashford only 2 at Man U!) Then his narcissism boils over in an attempt to get something in “history” to say he won. He sells the players he’s only just bought & the “player of the season” for god knows how many years, the goalie!! Sell him!
      And buys every expensive player who’s ever won something including Neymar at Β£350 mill… That will push Lingard into Β£250 k a week bracket surely?! Tell me a single player he’s improved or even plays as well as when he bought them?
      Then he leaves in a year and Man U are screwed and do a Leeds….
      Man U make PSG and City look like sensibly run, proper football clubs.
      I’m sure Maureen would have handed out his plastic flags by now, if he could trust the apathetic tourists/supporters to wave them and stay for more than 60 mins…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Man U will NEVER bescrewed and do a Leeds! But I never want to see Neymar wear the United shirt.Or CR7,Lewandovski,Muller,Vidal,Willian,Cesc,Bale or any other player older than 25-26.Much rather we buy 4 very good players costing Β£50m each than one super-player costing Β£200m.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Let it all out Mick! We’re here for you.

Really no need for the reality check though, as we know we’re shit! It’s the 18 teams below us who should be ashamed of themselves ??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chelsea.man
          Participant

Reading your post just makes me wonder if i can take you seriously. you are either anti Mourinho or anti United. and the style of your post suggests everything. i’m not here to defend Mourinho, but looking at history, there were 3 bosses that can say they have won the league after Mourinho. Claudio Ranieri, Antonio Conte, Pep Guardiola. so a coach that has won the league 3 seasons ago is deemed to be not good enough? time will judge him, let him finish the 3 seasons before you judge him. yes this season City walked away with the league. and they deserved as they had been head and shoulder above everyone.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Oxymoron
              Noun
              A figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Highly unlikely,but yeah,probably possible.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

I was going to start a thread on Jose, but slightly on the lines of something different;

He made a moving point about him winning trophies, and that is true and he has been and is a successful manager.

I don’t know based on reputation from his first wave into the Premier League whether the ‘now’ media are more focused on him whenever there’s a sign of adversity, but it seems to me that he wants more respect.

I think also, he’s in a territory where there is no longer ‘SKY 4’.

If there was any criticism put aside all the gags and jokes, then for me it’s his behaviour, his man-management style, his vision, and his game philosophy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Didn’t Mourinho win 2 trophies last season? And doesnt his team sits 2nd in the PL and aren’t they in the Semi Finals of the FA Cup.

United might well have finished out of the top 4 last season even the season before but so have Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal previously and United will comfortably finish in the top 4 this Season.

I don’t like bigging United up but the rush to condemn Mourinho every time his team has a poor result/performance and suggestions he’s a yesterday man are misguided imo .

Mourinho is currently the most successful Manager in Football no one else has won 2 CL’s with two different clubs and won League titles in all four of the countries they’ve managed in.

Yes Mourinho can be a complete plank at times and annoying but mock him at your peril because it will likely come back and bite those that do mock him in the Arsenal especially as United have deeper pockets than all but Manchester City.

When we all look at the PL table next season I suspect we all might be looking up at the two Manchester clubs after another significant splurge in the transfer market by both of them this Summer that no one else will be able to match.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

999-I guess that is exactly what Mick is getting at,namely that United have spent almost as much as the GDP of Greece and still will probably finish more than 20 pnts behind the title-winners.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Let it all out Mick! We’re here for you. Ed-it doesnt sound as if this Mick fella needs any encouragement,lol.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Mav, I think you have to take into account who Pep inherited and who Mourinho inherited Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Kompany, Delph and Gundogan were all at City when Pep arrived and have been integral to City’s season Mourinho didn’t inherit the same quality.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

True mate,Jose inherited Fellaini,lol.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

The problem/issue I have with this Maureen “needs more time/had a crap squad” debate is very simple.

At YooUtd Maureen has spent 300m odd buying Emoji-ma, Sanchez, Matic, Lukaku, Lindelof and Bailey… that’s 6 very decent players indeed. Add arguably the best goalie in the world, and a reminder of a squad that has won more than a few premiership medals between them…

Personally, the ship Maureen is sailing did not have a crew anywhere near as bad as people like to make out, and he hasn’t been shy in hiring new crew members at each port of call (getting bored with bus analogy’s!).

Sure, he’s improved YooUtd since he’s been there, but the squad he inherited along with the players he’s bought, he’d have to be a right numpty not too.

I think we’ve seen the best of Maureen… he’s peaked…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

The thread title Reality Check is of that. Obviously, we knew the eventuality long ago on City, but the fact that it’s actually happened has paved reflection.

There is no way there’s a unanimous feeling of support towards Jose from Man United fans.

Sure, he’s won trophies, but as far as long-term vision goes, I personally can’t see a future. From an LFC perspective United to me are less of a threat than they were under Ferguson and that’s music to my ears as the overall trophies record between the 2 clubs remains closer than distance apart.

It’s not the point of spending bucket loads, it’s other factors too, like man-management, culture, style of football, etc, and how this impacts the overall identity of Manchester United.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

We’ll see Chucky but Pep aside what other PL Manager has won 2 trophies in the last two seasons and maybe a 3rd yet.

City have been head and shoulders above any other team in the PL this season and had Sterling had his shooting boots on on Saturday City could have scored at least 5 and Spurs had been the best team in the PL over the previous two seasons combined.

I don’t think you can beat Mourinho with the United are miles behind City stick because so is everybody else this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

I think he’s lost his ‘ex appeal with the ladies – that’s why a lot of the time, he’s plain miserable πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Fans are fickle “all” fans there are plenty of Chelsea fans on internet sites on Conte’s back despite a PL title and an FA Cup Final last season, Klopp’s on a high currently but I’ve seen plenty of criticism of him previousky from all quarters, and lots of City fans were questioning Pep last season.

United fans were bought up on a certain style of football and City have etolen their clothes and are winning PL titles so of course United fans are unhappy many of them have only known success which has been the problem this season on the Chelsea site.

As the Ed has often said on here whose better than Mourinho and gettable by United?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Goldie… I’m not beating him with the “United are miles behind City stick because so is everybody else this season”… I’m beating him with the “he’s got a considerably nicer set of wheels than the other 18 cars on the grid and he’s barely got a bumper in front” stick…

Sure, he won a couple of cups last year, and he may win one this year, but we all know where the bread and butter is, don’t we?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Goldie… I’m sure YooUtd will keep throwing money at it until to they do get it right…. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Chucky, that’s true and he’ll need to win a PL title in the next couple of seasons which won’t be easy with this City team/squad which will get significantly strengthened again in the Summer but I wouldn’t discount Mourinho winning a PL title before he leaves OT.

“Goldie… I’m sure YooUtd will keep throwing money at it until to they do get it right…. ?”

Very true and that’s why he’ll do it eventually imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 250 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.