Home Community General Football Predictions!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    maverick1973
    Participant

A bit too early considering the transfer window is @ its full swing,but the season almost upon us,so:

City for the title,fighting it out with Liverpool.

United,Spurs,Chelsea,and Arse vying for the other 2 CL places.

Relegation:Huddersfield,Cardif,and Brighton.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Mav, difficult to disagree with that but as you say it all depends on what might happen over the next 13 days.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

I’m gonna tip Liverpool for the title. It’s a stretch now admittedly but the thing is, Klopp has gotten the best out of his previous transfers. With that in mind, I think we might do it. Man ity are insanely good but can they have as good a season as last time around? Record breakers dont tend to do back to back record breaking.

Liverpool for the title, just.

If I weren’t a Liverpool fan i would say Man City 1st and Liverpool 2nd.

ha

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

City to win with 100pts and goals again. United second again as they play safe percentages game, Liverpool third as they dont, Spurs and Chelsea fighting it out for fourth.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

I predict Chelsea to win the title with City 2nd, Liverpool 3rd and United 4th.

No not really that’s what I hope for.?

What I really predict is City to win the title again in a much closer title race from Liverpool and United with Spurs in 4tn place.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

The thing is I suspect Klopp knows that this season he has to go all out and win the PL. As if he doesnt next season Salah will probably want off to Madrid or Barca? That said I still think the weakest link in this liverpool side is Klopp himself, the fans love him more for his charisma than his achievements.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Klopp has been strongly backed by the owners on the basis of Liverpool’s progress to date winning the PL is a big ask v this City team but if Klopp doesn’t win some silverware this season he could come under pressure from the owners although I suspect he’s got this season and next Season yet before he would come under any real pressure.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Jim I think that’s a really wrong statement about klopp but it’s your opinion mate looking from the outside which is fine.

We love him because he plays great attacking football and he gets the club. He gets the city. He gets the people abd we get him

We have got to 3 cup finals in2 years. A cl final etc that’s why people love him.we had been in one final in 8 years before he came. We haven’t won anything but there’s a glimmer of hope when there’s has never been real belief going bsck to Rafa

On zero net spend he got us to two consecutive top 4 finishes and cl football. Liverpool fans don’t forget easy. We had one cl qualification in 7 years till he came

Every single Liverpool fan can see absolutely massive progress. We remember the Hodgson days of just 8 years ago and the club nearly went onto administration.
                      People need to look at the big picture.we have made massive strides under klopp.
                      The amount of players he has improved. Who really has been a disaster of a signing only Karius?? Like pep players have really improved under him. It’s real
                      Exciting know that no matter who we play or were we play , we will attack

I don’t think we need to win the league. We come 4th and klopp will be still here but we need trophies jim mate. We really do. Klopp has lost his last 6 finals, the club has lost its last 4. We really need to win something. The pressure is on

I think City will run away with it again. Utd 2nd and the four fighting for 4th.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Great testimonial Sean and it’s difficult to disagree with too much of that.

I do think though Klopp knows he needs to turn promise into Silverware which doesn’t necessarily need to be the PL title but if no Silverware is achieved this season I still think Klopp will be given time but the owners won’t give him forever to deliver trophies imo despite the obvious progress.

Personally I don’t think it will be a problem because I think Klopp will break his trophy duck at Liverpool this Season by probably winning one of the domestic Cups.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Dear Almighty God,Woy @ Liverpool with the likes of Konchesky,Jovanovic,Sissoko.Must have been worse for Liverpool fans than for us United under the calamity Dave,surely?Lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Big Jim, how can you possibly suggest that Klopp is the weakest link? Look how the team has progressed since he came in. We were a complete joke when he joined and the team he’s formed are just on the back of a CL final. We play amazing attacking football and we’re no longer a glass canon. Man city are utterly dominant in the PL right now but we beat them 3 times last season. I don’t think anyone else is capable of that.

Did you actually mean what you said or was it just you having a laugh? I ask cause it’s really apparent just how much Klopp has done for Liverpool since he’s joined.

I’m with Sean on most of that, although predicting that utd will finish ahead of us? We’ve improved year on year and this is probably our biggest summer yet under Klopp, do you not think that our signings will work out?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Mav, Liverpool under Hodgson was incredibly depressing. I remember finally giving in and agreeing with everyone that it was time for Rafa to go. only because he was completely undermined and would never get a fair crack of the whip again. Half the supporters were just being toxic towards him.. and then there was this arseclown Woy. The players were seemingly as dejected about it all as myself, as he couldn’t get a performance out of them. It’s almost like he had no idea what he was doing.

It’s good to remember those times and be grateful for better owners and management.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Mak, the signings have been good and a lot of money has been spent so there should be further progress but there’s a danger of getting too carried away.

Allison will improve the Goalkeeping situation and Liverpool should concede less goals. Keita will improve the midfield both offensively and defensively, will Fabinho play week in week out?and it looks like Fabinho for Can to me and a limited difference and Shaqiri is a squad player.

The squad still looks a bit thin to me v City to manage a title win but if Liverpool get lucky with injuries you never know.

Perhaps Liverpool’s biggest problem is that at the time of such progress in the PL probably their greatest progress in the last circa 30 years there is this outstanding City team/squad.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

It wasnt a wind up Mak and I will explain why I said it. Klopp seems a bit naive at times, you lost or just drew games you should have won last season. It seemed every Liverpool fan knew you needed a keeper desperately but he didn’t buy one and that arguably cost you CL sucess. Plus his track record in finals isn’t great is it? Sure you beat us three times but they actually counted for nothing. Nine says you have made great progress more so than at any time in the last 30 years? But last season you ended up with a point less than you did the season before and under Rodgers you came second with what 10more points than last season. In fact you have won everything there is to win in that 30 years aside from the PL but you have come second in the PL several times. So I have no idea why nine thinks this is your time of biggest progress finishing 4th and winning nothing again!? There is alot of hype round Klopp, only yesterday my youngest said he looked like a movie star watching him on Sky sports. He’s a nice guy full of charisma and he plays attractive football. I think people get swept up in that hype including nine obviously!? Cheers Jim

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Big Jim.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

Ya, 25 points is a substantial gap but we’re ever improving and I’m not just talking about the signings we’ve made this summer.I don’t think I’m getting carried away in suggesting that we might have a chance, if all goes well. Most teams who win the league do not defend the title, so we shouldn’t assume that City will be as invincible again.

You never know, maybe Chelsea will win the PL this season?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Jim, my view on Liverpool being in probably the best place they’ve been in for 30 years is based on how united the club are behind Klopp, the quality of players that Liverpool can field one to eleven, and the quality of the football they played last season. only matched or beaten by City.

I’ve not got carried away or swept up in the hype enough though to predict more than a 2nd place finish for Liverpool behind City or to acknowledge that Liverpool’s biggest problem is that at a time of ” probably” their best progress for circa 30 years unfortunately there is an outstanding City team/ squad in their way.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mak, “You never know, maybe Chelsea will win the PL this season?” Now you are being silly!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Big Jim, He’s been called naive by our own fans but I’ve always felt that it’s a pretty harsh thing to say about him. Ya, he’s lost finals but he keeps getting to them. To say that our 3 victories against you got us nowhere is also wrong, it got us to the CL final and it eliminated City. I know what you’re getting at though, we didn’t win it and you’re right about Karius. No manager is perfect but the best of them are stubborn. I’ve never agreed with Klopp’s opinion and usage of Karius.

Last season he improved our defence. This is something that people never thought he would manage but he has. He also improved the teams previously poor ability to break down ultra defensive teams. Difficult problems given how we play but he managed it.

You don’t win the German league from under Bayern 1 time , never-mind 2, if you’re a naive manager.

Be glad that Klopp is getting some credit and media attention, otherwise you’d have everyone talking about how sick they are of hearing how legendary Pep is πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

Mak, I am certainly not saying you are not making progress under Klopp. I just think that his achievements are not as great as some make out.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.