Home Community General Football Most embarrassing Manchester United performance today

• This topic has 98 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Editor.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Mikey F
    Participant

IMO it was Gary Neville. Unlike Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand, Jepp Stamm and I host of ex radio and TV pundits I find it lamentable Sky continue to employ a pundit who actively gives a false narrative during a match. The Arsenal game at Old Trafford was another classic example. During the match he literally Trump like turns the fact of what you see with your own eyes into his biased false narrative.Highlights things in his opinion are “deficiencies” in the opposing team, often ignores fouls and play acting by Utd players and then summaries where Utd were far the better team… Shearer, Wrighty, Adam’s, Richard’s…none of them let their bias show like Neville…
      If you haven’t seen his Sky post match jibberish, find it.. Even for him it’s different level while Keane just smiles..If he was a VAR ref, his performance as an impartial balanced pundit was lamentable and would have him removed indefinitely…
      If anyone know anyone with influence at Sky, Neville needs to step away and let fresh blood with joined up coherent punditry in…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

Mikey, I couldn’t agree more on neville mate, thought exact same today and glad someone else said it.

He has pre determined and preferred narratives and everything he says is to interpret what is happening within his narrative. He does not try to be objective and imposes his narrative on everything, but when he is covering utd it is unbearable.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

The commentators are increasingly resembling a fan zone TV probably because they think it makes things more spicy and creates hits on social media. But they’re doing themselves no favours because they start blowing themselves up with their biased predictions. Carragher predicted Liverpool would win the league this season. And not that long ago Neville predicted Man Utd would finish above Arsenal.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Yeah very doubt he’ll lose his job for showing bias. Sky Sports still employ Carragher after spitting on a child (after losing to us) so they’re hardly going to fire Neville for showing bias. Souness and Carragher are every bit as biased as Neville when they want to be. Best thing SS could do is stop having ex players of the teams who are playing commentating on the games. Guess it makes good tv though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Mikey F
            Participant

I agree with most of the points you make Ed, and accept opinion before or after a game but tell me another pundit who live, during the match, repeatedly shows his allegiance and offers an utterly false narrative!

Is that in his terms ? If you canvassed all Premiership supporters I would be amazed if his didn’t come top by a country mile of give a false narrative against Utds opponents, during the match…

Reprehensible and seriously needs calling out at a higher level….

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Luckydestiny
              Participant

I agree mikey, Neville is a completely different monster compared to the standard ex pro pundit. Can’t think of another pundit that compares to him, granted all are at least a little biased though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Luckydestiny
                Participant

Mikey, maybe sky should keep his microphone recording at all times like they did to get Andy gray out 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Haha, how many times have I made a point of this? Unfortunately in England, our hands are tied up. Unless I move to another part of the world and be able to subscribe to a legitimate broadcasting network, I am stuck with Neville and Carragher. Martin Tyler has changed.

I mentioned all this when we played Newcastle the other Saturday. I do have a heart for Sky and look forward to these games as well as pay for subscription. I’ve stuck by something sensible and humble to me in just turning on at the point of kick off and switching off after the final whistle and all the hugs handshakes etc. I don’t watch any post match interviews no more from managers.

There is plenty of material on you tube for example. Excessiveness leads to toxic and not good for mental health.

And yes, although I recognize the Referee’s style in trying to maintain a flow and nip in the bud handbags, but boy did United get away with a lot today without punishment.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Not having that at all, sorry 😁. He rightly called Bruno Fernandes a disgrace and an embarrassment today for his antics. Most biased pundit of the lot? He isn’t even the most biased pundit in that studio today. Neville is disliked by Utd fans as they feel he too often goes the other way and overly praises Utd’s opponents in an attempt to appear iimpartial. He’s biased yes, but the way the likes of Souness goes in on Utd players is something else. Called Casemiro a “steady Edddie”. Carragher went in on Lisandro Martinez saying he was too short to be a PL defender after about 2 games and refused to admit he was wrong.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Mikey F
                      Participant

Sorry Ed. Did they say those comments whilst being the lead commentator DURING the match? I think your missing the point and trying to put up smoke…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        CM
                        Participant

Think he is trolling, Ed.

United fans have always said Neville can be overly critical of the club and he can turn a blind eye to rivals.

Not sure what the Arsenal result at old Trafford has got to do with it? Arsenal in recent times have bottled it. Neville opinion was purely based on that after the Arsenal result earlier this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          CM
                          Participant

He thought Liverpool should have had a penalty when TAA was at fault. That is some bias.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Yeah exactly CM. He’s always been over critical of Utd, at times blatantly so.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Luckydestiny
                              Participant

For me it’s not the bias, it’s his modus operandi in general. Unlike commentators that call what they see in a game neville is always referring back to his own narratives and talks as though he has the most enlightened opinion in world football. He looks shocked when people disagree with anything he says.

Its not bias towards utd that’s the problem, it’s his damn ego and the blatant agendas he wears on his sleeves.

Think back to all that bollocks he talked about ole, if it was down to him ole would still be there FFS! So again, it’s agenda’s not bias for his club and that’s what separates him from the rest in my opinion.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Absolutely no difference to Carragher waxing lyrical about everything Gerrard did at Villa Lucky. Carragher once wrote that Gerrard could go on to being mentioned in the same sentence as Pep and Conte. Villa fans absolutely hammered Carragher for supposedly being anti Villa because they sacked his mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Luckydestiny
                                  Participant

You are right other pundits have personal agenda’s too, I just personally haven’t seen it as blatant and consistent as from neville. To be fair that’s a lot to do with his position with sky and the coverage his opinion gets.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I just feel personally a limitation and a Cul-De-Sac. Claustrophobia. Although in one breath I do say too much choice out there isn’t particularly good for the mind and soul in Platforms, maybe venturing outside Sky isn’t a bad idea to gain an alternative perspective.

We have on here agreed perhaps not the best idea to place ex-Liverpool United affiliation when a professional live match is on. I would include Souness. I see these people also selected on ITV, yet I see a more broader ‘expertise’ on you tube channels.

I thought these guys were freelance or some form of contract. I don’t know. What I do know is a spade is a spade. You can’t dress up for example some of the wrong doing that went on. It’s a case of damn if you do and damn if you don’t and the Referee might have been lambasted had he reached for a Red Card. He tried his best above all to keep a ‘happy medium’. Refreshingly, a good conduct and camaraderie between both sets of players taking the time and showing sportsmanship.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Neville’s definitely no longer a breath of fresh air. Time for him maybe to join the Labour Party 😉 Or even, form his own Constituency.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Mikey F
                                        Participant

Wow.. CM/Editor so I’m trolling if I compliment at least 3 other ex Utd pundits, clarify that specifically it’s his “during match commentary I take issue with, give an example of a game not involving the team I’m accused of trolling for ? Have used respectful language throughout….

I would be interested to hear 999, other Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Newcastle…. Supporters about Neville’s comments and commentary DURING the match respectfully before that of Man Utd supporters. Unfortunately it takes courage to voice an opinion against even ex-players of some clubs because of slanderous personal replies from people running what’s already a modest forum ???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

I haven’t said you’re trolling Mikey. That wasn’t the point I was agreeing with CM about. CM assumed you were trolling, I assume, because of the point both he and I made re the fact he’s disliked by Utd fans for his tendency to overly praise the opposition and criticise Utd in some feeble attempt at looking impartial. I’ve accepted he’s biased. That you’re unable to see Souness and Carragher are every bit as biased and shouldn’t either be commentating/pundits on Liverpool games is surprising. But this is how a forum works. You raise a point and people either agree or they raise counter points. If you’re looking for a forum where everyone just agrees with what you say and pats you on the back, this isn’t it. Hope to see you posting more. Love a good debate 😁

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 99 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.