Home Community Liverpool Summer Transfer Window 2017

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Welcome to the new Liverpool club site. Do people think Coutinho will go now or will Liverpool refuse to sell? Good luck this season anyway fellas

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Scouser in exile
      Participant

Unfortunately money talks and when it does FSG usually listen, whilst I hope he stays an offer might be made that’s too good to refuse, if that happens you have to hope that with the money paid we may be able to get a cheaper replacement but I doubt we’ll get one as good! YNWA RIP the 96

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Oz Yob
        Participant

Surely they won’t sell him at this stage, i bloody hope not anyway, I don’t think we could replace him. I think we might get 1 more season out of him then he will be gone. Must win C/L qualifier coming up as it could be the difference in who is at LFC at the end of the window. Fingers crossed.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nutts
          Participant

No self-respecting Liverpool forum would be anything without at least 5 transfer related threads!

Personally, I think VVD is a 50% chance of signing & Coutinho will still be a Liverpool player, at least until next summer.

Apart from a few last minute loan moves out, I don’t see, hear or read anything that would indicate we have anyone else coming in.

I am surprised that the Ox hasn’t arrived though, especially with Lallana injured for a few months.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nutts
            Participant

Personally, I think VVD is a 50% chance of signing & Coutinho will still be a Liverpool player, at least until next summer.

Apart from a few last minute loan moves out, I don’t see, hear or read anything that would indicate we have anyone else coming in.

I am surprised that the Ox hasn’t arrived though, especially with Lallana injured for a few months.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

Nutts…I think you’re spot on with your predictions there. I just can’t see FSG sanctioning the sale of Course – the backlash amongst fans and maybe the team management would be immense. As for VVD I would say 60-40 in favour of him being at Anfield by Aug 31st

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Merged the two transfer threads now Nutts

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Editor.
                  • This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Editor.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Hey Scouser, I am inclined to agree with you regards FSG in a way. they are definitely keeping a close eye on the money but I’m hoping that they are more focused on long term value rather than immediate and potentially detrimental liquidation of assets, like the sale of Coutinho.

3-4 seasons ago, Liverpool wouldn’t have been able to resist an Β£80m bid for Coutinho but with TV money in the PL going crazy, we’re not so impressed by these sums anymore and it wold be foolish to sell Coutinho even for Β£120m, unless the player is unsettling others or extremely unhappy. Our club value isn’t on the level with Barca but I think the gap is closing in terms of revenue.

Also, weren’t the Spanish meant to have setup a more balanced Tv deal themselves where the big 2 would no longer take the lions share of the entire league Tv income? If that scenario is or has come back then we may see the sheer power of the big 2 over there shrink a little.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    gingerlfc
                    Participant

Strong rumours the Kieta deal is back on.

Nothing defo though.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      gingerlfc
                      Participant

New Β£90mil bid in for Coutinho!

NOT FOR SALE!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Hightown hope

Ginger…these rumours about Phil won’t go away, will they? Worrying.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Careworkerlfc
                          Participant

We’d be stupid to sell Couts considering Lallana is out for 2-3 Months.I can’t see it happening this summer though.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Hightown hope

Good quote I saw somewhere today. ‘Liverpool selling Coutinho would be like waving the white flag before the battle has started’

And it’s absolutely right

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                gingerlfc
                                Participant

Now being reported that Liverpool have rejected the offer and consider the matter closed. He’s not for sale!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Rusherboy
                                  Participant

Hello folks, a long time teamtalk lurker here.

I’ve never been worried about Coutinho sale unless he hands in a transfer request himself. Klopp would never allow it and probably would threaten to quit Liverpool if FSG sell. Thats my thoughts on the matter.
                                    I have watched all the pre-season games and we are looking very solid in attack. Defense is still shaky so IMO we need VVD alot more than Keita. Hope it goes through.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

Ginger – you asked a good question on the other site last night. Forgive me if you asked it here as well, but I haven’t seen it. It was if we bought both VVD and Keita but let Couts go, would we be happy?

That’s such a difficult one to answer, but I thyink on balance, I would have to say just a yes, based on Phil’s inconsistency (though that may well improve) and his injury record (each season he seems to miss a sizeable chunk), and of course we would be getting 2 x world class players in exchange.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      gingerlfc
                                      Participant

2 “world class players” plus a massive chunk of change.

I’m undecided.

I think I might be ok with it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nocturnal_red
                                        Participant

ginger I don’t think that’s a very good deal for us, lose Coutinho and we lose our main creative outlet, we don’t know how successful Keita will be in premier league if he comes but even if he is I think he’s a more Pogba type player i.e box to box, good passing range and an eye for a goal whilst this is the type of player we need it should be on top of what we have already not at the cost of losing our best player

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          gingerlfc
                                          Participant

Good point Nocturnal about him being our main creative outlet.

As I say I’m not sure.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 147 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.