Home Community General Football Jose at war with Gary Neville

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Yep, I have read a report on this apparently on the back of a comment Neville made during his commentary on Rashford’s discipline and how he was fortunate not to be red carded.

So based on a ‘Chinese whisper’, Jose chooses to sub Rashford and thereafter trying to pin this on Gary Neville as it would influence the Referee.

If this isn’t playground politics, then I don’t know what is.

Gary was absolute first class for me, just for the record. Top bloke, even though he was venomously disliked by us Liverpool supporters when he was on the pitch. The guy is simply doing what he is paid to do, but Jose decides to lay into him rather than be professional.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-vs-liverpool-marcus-rashford-goals-red-card-mourinho-gary-neville-a8250356.html

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

I like Neville as a pundit and Carragher too albeit they can both go a bit OTT sometimes.

To be fair to Neville it was his job to comment on the live action yesterday and Rashford was on a yellow card and anything silly could have got him sent off.

Neville was only pointing that out to the TV audience and the chances of the Ref refering to what Neville may or may not have said at half time on the Sky Brosdcast was more than unlikely imo. But I suspect this all goes a bit further back than that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Nine, I believe there’s a trail of spats between them or it seems Neville is now the ‘new guy’ tangled in what was a couple of times or so, Jamie Redknapp.

Neville’s a former United player so sure, to an extent he’s going to have fondness and care, and of course an opinion.

There notably is a more fundamental point that struck me about this and if we bring the subject of VAR, then we have to consider the integrity of the sport and that means if there was some sort of a booth or a studio full of equipment, then there should not be any external influences that would determine what the Referee decides.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Re your last para absolutely mate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Neville is a breath of fresh air with regards to his punditry. By far the best out there. Carragher not far behind. Those on the BBC are way behind imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

I have never seen more annoying pundits than Neville and Carra,well maybe Keown.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

Oh dear, Carragher has let himself down badly. Can’t see him now staying as a sky pundit.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Difficult to see how Carragher can avoid the sack after this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Hightown hope

Why what has he done?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Hightown hope

Just seen it…what an idiot!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

carragher is an idiot. absolutely no excuse for what he did. sky now have a problem. they cant keep him on. but someone will snap him up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

“Footydebate Numpty of the Year Award” now has a winner…

(Banjo is relieved!).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

If Banjo was born 5 years ago………

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

Surely they can’t keep him after that? Hard to believe that his first reaction was to do that? The fella taunting is an idiot but it’s hardly heavy foul mouth abuse.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

What an idiot,like a spoilt kid.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Missed all the Carra talk over here..

Not sure he had much choice but to come out and apologise. It was the only thing he could do to have some remote chance of keeping his job.

Both him and the driver acted very inappropriately. The driver’s actions in no way excuse the vile act of spitting at someone, though, in my opinion.

He’ll be a very lucky man to keep his job. It would be a shame as he’s a very good pundit but Sky will be struggle to justify keeping him on I think.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    cm
                                    Participant

Jamie Carragher

Did not realise people were already talking about Carragher on this thread.

I agree Ed. He had to apologise, he had no choice.

Sky kept hold of Kirsty Gallacher after her drink driving offence and Nigella Lawson kept her job after being caught doing cocaine. Suspend him for a few weeks without pay and get him back in. It was a isolated incident. Losing him on Monday Night Football alongside Gary Neville would be tragic.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Not condoning what he did one little bit, but I do wonder what level the “banter” was to make him stoop so slow… not that any reason is “good” enough, but I doubt it was at all “friendly” to get a reaction like that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chelsea.man
                                        Participant

If Caragher has apologized then we should accept it. after all he is a human like us. yes what he did was horrible and he shouldn’t have done. but people are judging him like a priest. he is a pundit, who like all of us has affiliation to a club. and not to mention the rivalry between the club having been an ex Liverpool player. we can’t read this too much from this incident, it was purely the heat of the moment. John Terry did this in 2011, Luiz Suarez did it. and if we have forgiven them. why not Caragher who has done a fraction of what they have done.

He should have avoided what he has done. but its now done and dusted. personally i would remember him as classy defender as a player, and a classy pundit who never took the radical positions that the Neville brothers took at a times. he was an open minded. Sorry Jamie you are better than that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

I’m waiting for the red-tops “Carragher Spat At Me and Now I’m Scared For Life” article from some lowlife….

“I wasn’t doing anything, just driving home and he spat at me for no reason…”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.