Home Community General Football Jamie Carragher

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

In hot water for spitting towards a fan and his daughter. What he did was completely uncalled for, but am I the only one who believes he should not get the boot. Football brings a lot of passion in us, we as fans have all done things that we have regretted later, whether it was spur of the moment. He was obviously upset his side lost on Saturday and at times goading someone can make you do things you may regret later.

He has come out and apologised, should get punished for what he did, but sacking him is OTT in my opinion.

How many footballers have been caught spitting on the pitch and got either a slap on the wrist or a few games ban.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Not sure he had much choice but to come out and apologise. It was the only thing he could do to have some remote chance of keeping his job.

Both him and the driver acted very inappropriately. The driver’s actions in no way excuse the vile act of spitting at someone, though, in my opinion.

He’ll be a very lucky man to keep his job. It would be a shame as he’s a very good pundit but Sky will be struggle to justify keeping him on I think.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Sky suspend Carragher.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          whoisbeni
          Participant

Utterly disgusting and indefensible from carragher.

Forget whether he keeps his job or not he needs to take a long hard look at himself- as to be capable of that means he has much bigger issues.

Gone down massively in my estimations, think he needs to reappraise his own values. If I was involved at Sky I’d force him to make a massive public gesture then sack him anyway. Despicable.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Still just a bit shocked about what he did, which was totally out of proportion to the leg pulling and football banter he was receiving from the United fan. Unless there’s more than what I have seen, there isn’t even any swearing. Carragher must have received far worse from oposition fans on and off the pitch. I heard him say he was goaded, but that wasn’t the case in that video. But even then you can’t do that. The only person that comes out of this with any credibility is the 14yr old girl. Carragher sadly will now be remembered first and foremost by many for this act and not his fantastic Liverpool career and excellent tv punditry. I heard that Gary Neville has issued a statement saying he doesnt think he should lose his job, which is commendable but I’m with Beni on this. We have cameras in our work vans and if I saw an employee do the same to another member of the public I think it would be deemed gross misconduct and if so he would be fired. Carragher is massively high profile I think Sky will let him go.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Before I stress my main point, spitting on another human being is quite simply despicable.

When I read about this at work mid-morning, I thought instantly of disgust towards him and that he should lose his job with Sky in spite of this not being a work related incident.

As time has gone on however and having just seen his interview on Sky News, I think he should be given another chance (only just).

I don’t want to excuse Carragher’s actions, and I’m not even a big fan of him, his punditry or when he was in Liverpool colours, but I want to make this point of Sky allowing somebody so close to Liverpool to analyse such a fierce contest between bitter rival clubs. I don’t even think Neville should be involved too following what happened with Jose. These guys are too closely connected. They can take forever misery guts Souness away too!

A lot of pundits I now see on the mainstream screens essentially have just come out of football and either late 30s early 40s. Where are the older type of gentlemen we used to see like Trevor Brooking? You need somebody impartial.

Carragher allowed the defeat to consume him and talking about the faults in where it went wrong for Liverpool might have made him feel even more disappointed, so he finally leaves the ground, and this fan in the car has tries a bit of a laugh and what might have been kicking a bottle of water instead turned into spitting towards the car as a moment of raised anger.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

He didn’t spit towards the car, he deliberately spat at the people in the car Nil.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Thanks for putting that video up Nil, I had not seen his TV apology. He does seems genuinely contrite. Quite a hard line of questioning too, which didn’t skirt around the issue and gloss over anything.

That said, there is no excuse and I think he needs to be sacked. But that apology is the start of building bridges for a reprehensible overreaction.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

First things first, they have to sack him, if someone from where I work did that they’d be sacked, as would anyone in the media spotlight.

On a lighter note, it is comedy gold, the little girl in the Nivea ad that gives Klop the loser sign from her car when he waves to her from the team bus, how long before someone mocks him up gobbing on her

…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Before I go back to Carragher, I hope first off that driver who physically recorded this footage will have the Police and the DVLA come down on him like a ton of bricks.

What’s awful to see is his reaction as a Parent. He sort of laughs off in sarcasm after just seeing his own daughter spat at.

On Carragher himself, after watching that video when he’s actually on Sky premises, he may as well have been placed on trial following the way in which the presenter probed and guilt tripped him.

He does seen genuinely apologetic. I think he should be kept on in terms of his employment, but maybe consider placing him into a different role; maybe on Soccer Saturday with some of the other gents and away from Liverpool games.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

NB, you can’t go round doing things like that and think saying sorry is going to cut it. In nature there’s no rewards or punishments, just consequences….. Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Pagan, I have a gut feeling he’s likely to be permanently dismissed from Sky anyway.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

I think so too, however they have to stick to procedure and hold an investigation etc before they can decide on a course of action….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              cm
                              Participant

Kirsty Gallacher was caught over the limit when she was on her way to pick up children. She was let off by sky.

What Carragher did was horrible, but I disagree sacking him is the answer. Suspend him without pay until the season is over.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

I used like Gallacher a lot when she was younger. In recent times when I have seen her on the screens, she’s given the impression she’s had too much to drink, either the night before or has consumed some during the day.

I get she has had it difficult after dealing with a separation, but they way she has dealt with that is not the answer, especially when you’re a Mother.

Each case is judged on it’s own merit.

The other problem is that the footage recorded on Carragher which is plastered everywhere for people to see and that in itself is goading the image of Sky with the reminders, and so, not easy for it to be swept away.

Carra’s a goner.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Pagan
                                  Participant

One of the things that will effect this is if he usually claimed fuel allowance or travel expenses, if so then he was representing Sky at the time and as such will be subject to their disciplinery procedures…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

You can bet your bottom dollar, this will be raised on this week’s Question Time πŸ˜‰

Just seen a clip on you tube and the victims connected apparently have wrote “don’t wipe it off” to claim ‘compo’!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      cm
                                      Participant

I have had a change of heart after watching the incident fully and not some tweet that showed carragher spitting, then him repeatedly spitting in slow motion and nothing else after. After watching the full clip and the daughter saying he spat at me, whatever sky decide will be the right call.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Carragher landed himself straight into something that seemingly was tee’d up before-hand.

I think at the moment, because of the recording that exposes him in sheer disgust, he himself deep down feels shocked and remorseful.

What struck me is that he was driving a bigger vehicle than the fool that provoked him and had tinted windows. He couldn’t see and I just don’t understand why he would wind down his window rather than driving past quickly.

It does seem there’s slightly more to this than meets the eye and it is alleged that the daughter concerned and the family collectively have actually backed Jamie to keep his job and have pleaded to SKY.

I think there could be a reprieve, but I can’t see him returning now for the rest of the season, so maybe once this all blows over into distance, then Carra will reappear.

I think too, the time away from TV could allow him an opportunity to work with the community in some kind of a coaching/mentoring role to gain some fulfilment and show others the better side of him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

As far as reaction goes, this country and now society from some quarters tells you just how people are:

quick to bring the moral compass and really kick a man when he is down. I am loathing more and more the way social media is being used. There is a camera every where you go, or people are quick to pluck out their phones to film you.

And what’s ironic is that characters like Vinnie Jones and Joey Barton readily come out with an opinion. It’s a joke.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.