Home Community General Football FA Cup: Here we go…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Do like the FA Cup!!!

Forgot about last nights game, an interesting contribution from VAR by the sounds of it… but haven’t seen it so not going to comment!

Tricky tie for us, possibly playing a weakened team against another (albeit poor) Premiership side, hopefully home advantage will see us through… but you never know…

No idea about the rest of the ties though so good luck to all (except all the YooUtd, Pool, 115, Goonies fans… 🙂 )

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Yesterday’s game was just unusual in placing. Are we now unfolding one of Greatest of Events on a Thursday Night?

Only caught a glimpse of this as I was working.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/fa-cup/fixtures-results

Tottenham are on TV tonight. I must admit I was more into the ties growing up than I am now. Responsibilities can change you.

I don’t feel confident about our Tie versus Arsenal. I’m assuming replays are scrapped, and if so, we could force to Pens and get lucky. I’m looking more forward to our Carabao Cup Semi.

Let’s hope come May 2024, we have a New Winner.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Chucky, last night tackle was like macallaister v Bournemouth which was over turned.

Always want to win the fa cup but players need to be rested as semi final on Wednesday.

Should see the likes of bradly, kelleher, quansah, elliot, gravenberch etc

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Yeah, that’s the thing Sean.

A few years ago, we had players up to their peak, players established, and players who could still put a shift in for us with competency.

We’re not in that position as we’re rebuilding. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re out and wouldn’t begrudge that. It is what it is. I just don’t want anymore injuries breaking out as a result. Zobo is the latest guy out.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

That’s an interesting 11 Angie is starting with… hopefully they’ll do a job, because there’s nothing on the bench if they don’t… fancy an upset here, specially if Burnley score first!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Good news ven de veen on bench for youse chucky.

He was excellent before he got injured.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Beast of a player, Waspy, no surprise him getting injured started that bad run, missed him more than Madders.

Anyway, wierd half at the Lane, huffed and puffed, Burnley had the best chance of the half, fluffed it, and spent most of it kicking Le Celso… he must have been hacked about 8 times that half, surprised he can still walk.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Deserved to win on the balance of play, an absolute peach of a goal to win it, but Burnley missed a sitter with the last kick of the game….

Ref was shite though…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    CM
                    Participant

Ally McCoist must be drunk. Newcastle denied a stonewall penalty there.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Pleased for Ange; Tottenham definitely need a good cup run to bring some excitement.

A shock yesterday re Maidstone. The Magic of the Cup is Alive 🙂

Absolutely dreading today; god’s honest truth re the Emirates; The Semi is too close and I think Klopp wants that one more to increase our record; I think Arsenal hold the most FA Cups.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Lots of City players struck with an illness – is this Covid related?

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Adlab
                          Participant

Still quite a strong team but this is the FA cup and who knows 🤷

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Okay, I have my groan about Nunez starting and maybe he can prove me wrong. Glad Gakpo is starting though as with Elliot and Jones. Quansah and Konate can form a good partnership. Gomez can do well left back.

Arsenal themselves have quality you can’t underestimate so will need to give a good account of ourselves to at least earn a replay back to Anfield.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Van Dijk’s ill. Think it’s flu.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Adlab
                                Participant

Nike. We had two or three out I’ll. Its flu or Covid. Bernardo and Phillips definitely.

Not quite the same without Salah

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Mikus LFC
                                  Participant

Both sides look short up top. Jota maybe to come on again but we really need to look after him while Mo’s away.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Alfie_1
                                    Participant

Arsenal should have won this match three times over already.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Battered first half. Should be 4 down. Great press from Arsenal. Much better side.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Mikus LFC
                                        Participant

No good though Sean if they can’t finish. Problem is our forwards have a similar problem. Even if we’d been more secure at the back in the first half I still don’t have much faith in our forward players.

City must be watching this thinking they don’t have much to worry about with either of their rivals.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

We’ve not offered anything ourselves albeit Trent’s shot against the bar. I am pleased for us so far, we’ve held it together; lot of praise for Trent on his defending individually.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 120 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.