Home Community General Football The Summer Transfer Window – Early days but important

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea.man
    Participant

I know its early, but i think this summer is very crucial for Chelsea to get things right. we need to solve three underlying issues.

1. we need to a point a Director of Football at the club. this helps the recruitment of players.
      2. the future of Conte to be decided. i hope the club see the light and opts to retain him.
      3. the future of both Hazard and Courtois and possibly Kante to be decided. hope we retain the 3 of them. and worst case scenario Kante and Hazard.

what is your take on this summer? let the discussions begin !

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Lol,far tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo early pal.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        paul powers tash
        Participant

CMan.If Kante leaves.Fellani is out of contract 🙂
          Mav will drive him to Chobham himself 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Leon Bailey of Leverkusen is one hell of a player many EPL teams should keep an eye on! Kerem Demirbay of 1899 Hoffenheim is another! If I was in charge of Arse,I would sacrifice Cazorla,Ramsey,and Iwobi and go for Bailey.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chelsea.man
              Participant

Personally i would like Isco at Chelsea. i’m a massive fan of him. i feel CR7 is holding him back at Real Madrid. if he comes to Chelsea assuming that we retain Hazard and Morata, we will have a very good team. he is very skillful and isn’t afraid to shoot the ball. skillful players are a rare commodity this age of football.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

CMan,I don’t think it’s to early mate because there’s a lot that will happen at Chelsea between now and the end of the Season probably commencing with the appointment of a DOF.

This is potentially going to be the most important transfer window taking in all of the potential circumstances into account of the Roman era

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Chelsea would be mad to let Conte go imho!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chelsea.man
                    Participant

Exactly Mav ! that is what i have been shouting from the rooftop of Chelsea page since January 31st. in Conte we have one of the most gifted managers in the world. yes volatile at a times and i prefer him to keep things diplomatic. but you can’t fault the man’s profession as manager and coach.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

CHM-Conte is Italian mate,is in his DNA to be volatile and hot-tempered! He won the EPL in his 1st season mate,would you rather have a failure like AW in charge?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chelsea.man
                        Participant

No thanks mate ! but although i would fall short of calling Wenger a failure. i have massive respect for the man.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

He should have quit Arse 10 years ago mate,imho.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chelsea.man
                            Participant

Mav

I had always been an admirer of Conte in his days at Juventus. and i think my feeling is that we should give him what he wants. but what can i see all is down to Roman. and by the look of things, he is likely to leave. on Wenger like i said before, i have a massive respect for him. and his achievement at Arsenal is unreal. i do understand why fans would want him gone. but calling him a failure is not something that i would consider anyway. 20 years ago when he set his foot in the English shores he revolutionized how the game is played in England. and 20 years later young coaches like Pep, Klopp and Conte are doing similar. but still 3 league titles plus 12 FA cups isn’t something to be taken lightly. far from failure.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Just posting this for giggles…

It seems the odds on Bale returning to Spuds have been slashed from 12/1 to 5/2 due to some “irregular” betting patterns being spotted….

But then again, it is Paddy Power and credit due where credit is due, they’re not bad at self-promotion, are they?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

CHM-In any other club AW would have been sacked long,long time ago.If you do not go close to winning the title for this long,any manager should be sacked.Not saying I prefer Real Madrid they way the conduct their affairs,but Arse and Arse-ne are a joke and a failure!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Looks like Alderwierald is on his way out of Spurs without Spurs come up with an extended contract close or on what Kane and Lloris earn.

With only one year left on his contract this Summer, Spurs could still extend that by a year with a a 1 year option but doing that seemingly triggers a £25m buy out clause.

At 29 age is not in Alderwierald’s favour if he’s looking for a 5 year contract from anyone inc Spurs but at £25m someone will almost certainly be enticed to go for him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Seriously what is Clause Puel going on about the transfer window was open City bid £65m fir Mahrez Leicester turned it down as was their right.

City did absolutely nothing wrong!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Goldie… the version of events I’ve been hearing is not quite what you’re saying. By all accounts Spuds have offered pretty much the same as Harry an Hugo, which doesn’t actually seem to be the issue anyway, but “his team” what to keep some sort of “buy-out” clause (numbers unknown) which Spuds are did set against, for obvious reasons…

Anyway, time will tell one way or another… I reckon they’ll keep him for a year and let him leave on a free if the “status-quo” remains….

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

He wants to play in Manchester.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Chucky, all the reports suggest that a buy out clause is already there and will kick in in the Summer if Spurs trigger the one year option. All suggest that Alderwierald is only on 50k pw and wants parity with Kane and Lloris.

“The Daily Mail reported that talks between Spurs and the centre-back were close to breaking point as Alderweireld demanded a salary in excess of £110,000-a-week, which is the club’s current pay ceiling.

The newspaper claimed that Tottenham were unwilling to give into his wage demands and there was no middle ground in sight.”

There are also reports of Alderwierald’s frustrations of not coming back into the team and it’s reported he held a 2 hour meeting with Poch last week to discuss it.

Time will tell mate. Tbh I admire Spurs stance on wages but it will be something that causes them problems given what others are earning at other clubs. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 300 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.