Home Community Man Utd Man Utd Going Forward

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Look, I know I’m a Liverpool fan but it shouldn’t matter. This thread should have existed before but it should definitely exist now. What do I mean by now exactly?

I’m talking about post Fernandez signing. Everything after this point actually looks like it may lead to Utd being back on the right road and one thing I’ve not noticed is the Ole out talk. I will admit that I thought they were insane to offer him a new contract and especially the timing of it. I would also have fired him since then but right now, I wouldn’t. That may change of course but the attitude is changing there. Utd signed a player who Liverpool were after but for whatever reason we couldn’t or didn’t get him.

Well, whatever you want to say, Utd now look like they going in the right direction. They are scoring a lot of goals and will be one of the few clubs out there this summer with money in their pockets (I think). A good summer and they could challenge sooner than people think.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

As strange as it sounds, I’m still not totally convinced by Ole. I was all for him taking the caretaker role but dead against him getting the permanent job. Until Fernandes came in, we were in rapid decline. I can’t help thinking he’s papered over a few cracks. I’ll reserve my judgement until the end of the season.

The thing is, the margins are so fine. There are so few games left and yet Utd could either:

– Finish top 4, win the FA Cup and win the Europa
        Or
        – Finish 5th and win nothing

Where we finish on that spectrum tells me everything I need to know about whether Ole is the man to take us forward. Do the latter and he’ll have proven to me he’s not the man, in my opinion, to take us to the next level, despite some positives. Do the former and I’ll happily admit I’ve underestimated Ole.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Ole is definitely safe for next season and if United continue to develop as they are the season after that too.

Apart from finishing in the top 4 this season I think United may well win the EL again too so potentially a wasted top 4 place.?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

I strongly fancy utd for top 4 and at least one cup. No one really left in the Europa league maybe inter Milan ??? Fa cup huge possibility aswell

Just canโ€™t see anything other turn spurs best Leicester tomorrow and utd will get a result at Leicester

I think utd look fantastic going forward. They move the ball so quickly now. Rashford is very exiting coming in from the left and martial looks much hungrier these days abd is showing how good he can be.

A trophy and 4th is a sign of progress

My main concern would be their defence. Shaw is injured to much. The right full is an excellent defender. Getting better going forward as well. Iโ€™ve huge doubts over maguire. Heโ€™s done ok for his first season. Great at defending set plays and corners but Heโ€™s been poor for 3 goals since the restart. Is he good enough for a utd team to challenge for the league? Iโ€™m not so sure

Still highly rate de gea. Calls for Henderson are really unjust. Brilliant keeper

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Ah ya, I’m not entirely convinced by Ole yet either but I now actually feel he deserves some time. Maybe that has absolutely nothing to do with him and is entirely Fernandez related. That is what time will tell us though. If Utd do go out and make the right signings from here on though, they will at least have a team that someone can come in and do something with, unlike previously.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Sean, Utd should have gone for Koulibaly. I’m not sure why one of the big big clubs havent gone for him yet, absolutely amazing defender. If we didn’t have Gomez, I’d want Liverpool to go after him.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

I might well be wrong about de gea as itโ€™s just to many mistakes now

Ole got it wrong today big style

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Mikus LFC
                  Participant

Maguire also ainโ€™t an ยฃ80 mil CB, but I think everyone knew that.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

A lot of utd fans are divided on maguire , well the ones I talk to.

Iโ€™m not a huge fan. Expect a bit more for 80m

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

We’ve done the “he’s not worth ยฃ80mil thing to death”. Of course he isn’t. Still, despite De Gea’s mistakes, we’ve still conceded much fewer goals this season than last and Maguire has been a big part of that.

You only have to look at how torn Liverpool fans are re Henderson to realise that some players just divide fans opinions. Koulibaly would have been even more expensive. Easily over 100mil back then. An awful lot of money for a 29 year old unproven in the PL.

He’s the most expensive defender in the world. People expect more I get that. What gets me though is that Kepa is the most expensive keeper in the world (similar price) and has been much worse than Maguire but gets a fraction of the stick Maguire does. English players tend to get a rougher ride from the press and fans, as with Henderson too.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        steveosnakeeye
                        Participant

English and plays for united Ed ?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

Problem is at CB & GK, youโ€™re more exposed in those positions. If Henderson played in one of those positions, I donโ€™t think he would have lasted. As for Kepa, Iโ€™ve seen a good amount of stick banded around about him. But for some reason his record transfer at Chelsea seemed to go under the radar at the time, perhaps because Alisson has just signed for Liverpool and took more of the headlines as the club was back at the top. Maguire being an English player certainly soaked up a lot of the headlines when he moved last year.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Kepa gets plenty of stick Ed. On here and in the press

Not many liveroool fans are divided on Henderson now Ed but itโ€™s took years mate. He wasnโ€™t the most exspensive midfielder in the world though .

Maguire was 80m . Heโ€™s the most exspensive defender in world football. Itโ€™s absolutely crazy at this moment but he has plenty of time in his hand to justify his fee .

Iโ€™d give him 7/10 for the season which is not bad but certainly not good enough for his fee and thatโ€™s what he will be judged on

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

As Sean rightly says Kepa gets plenty of stuck from all quarters including from Chelsea fans that’s the problem when a Keeper makes mistakes there’s no hiding place no matter the Club or the Keeper.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Maguire is great at attacking the ball. Can get a bit confused in his own box at times like Southampton on Monday and tonight but he is a great attacker of the ball.

Heโ€™s good on the ball aswell. Very neat and tidy and a nice pass on him but if he gets to tight, heโ€™s gets turned far to easily

Bergwijn and stanlas should not be getting by him so easily when running at him either.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Sean, the Kepa stick is nowhere near what Maguire gets. Especially considering Kepa is likely to be shipped off this summer. A misplaced pass by Maguire and social media goes crazy.

As you say Steve, English and Man Utd player. The perfect recipe for criticism. Has he been immense? No. Has he proven his worth? No. Has he massively improved Utd? We conceded 55 goals last season. Currently on 35. At most we’ll concede a couple more, if that. Who are we putting that huge improvement down to, if not Maguire?

You say time will tell. But tell us what? We all agree he wasn’t worth the fee. Still, the improvement in defence could be a large factor to us hopefully getting back in the CL. On the shirt deal alone, that’s ยฃ25mil we don’t get deducted for missing the CL. Not to mention the CL TV money.

There isn’t a player in the league we could have realistically got who I wished we got instead. People were banging on about De Ligt but he’s been poor for Juve.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Crazy game football last Saturday Chelsea were awful at Sheffield United today you wouldn’t have believed that they are the same team.

United have been on a fantastic run their front 3 is as good as anyone’s in the PL and behind them they have Fernandes who has been an amazing signing.

Todays game doesn’t mean United aren’t on the right track I’m sure they are. I fully expect them to finish 3rd and to probably win the EL too. And a couple more of the right signings and they’ll not be far away from challenging for the title again.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Nine, you fully expected Utd to win today and Chelsea to lose to Man City too ?. Chelsea will have too much on the line to lose to this Liverpool side on Wednesday who are already on their summer holidays. 4th is very achievable though for Utd, assuming the players have enough left in the tank for West Ham!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Ha,ha, that’s true Ed I hope you’re right.?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

To put Utd’s 35 goals conceded into perspective, Liverpool have arguably the league’s best keeper, arguably the best fullbacks in the world, arguably the best CB in the world and are the only side to have conceded fewer (a mere 6 fewer).

Maguire makes mistakes but he’s brought leadership and organisation to that backline. He’s not perfect by any stretch but he’s improved us no end.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 90 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.