Home Community General Football Who will win the Premier League this season?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

I’m thinking we can do a proper preditcions thread closer to the time the league kicks off, but I wanted to try this new polling tool. So, give a vote for who you think will win the league this season. Just click πŸ”Ό on the team you choose

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

It is a clean slate fir everyone, it is marathon not a sprint. I think Pep and Jurgen have to adapt to changes to the squad which will affect the style a little on how they play this season and there are enough good teams to take advantage of any slip or loss of form, so, for me,evryone on starting line, plenty of fences ahead

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

Ed..you have missed Newcastle, Leicester, Brighton, Southampton etc!!!!!! last season I predicted Everton would be in with a shout, so it shows how good I am at predictions, I will not even go for City!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

City clear winners.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

City clear favourites.

If anyone can finish above City though they’re in with a real chance.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              threeps
              Participant

Agree with Brian, both Pep and Klopp have for the first time in a while adaptations to make to their game plan. Who wins the league is the one whose team adapts the best.

Think Spurs and Chelsea could exchange final positions this year and maybe both closer to the top two. As for the rest I think miles behind.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Who clicked on Arsenal & Man Utd? Or were you just testing the buttons Ed? πŸ˜†

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Spurs have strengthened well and will be strong next season with Conte as Manager. Chelsea are beginning to plug the gaps slowly, Arsenal have strengthened and United will continue to strengthen under ten Hag. I would happily sign up for 4th place now.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Chelsea have significantly strengthened their squad and I think they can give the top two a real go

Conte has really improved spurs 1st 11.,they are going to be very difficult to beat

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

This thread appears everytime and everytime it’s the same answer as it’s been.

Liverpool

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

“Chelsea have significantly strengthened their squad and I think they can give the top two a real go.”

I hope you’re right Sean.

But have Chelsea really significantly strengthened their squad? So far Chelsea have signed Koulibaly to replace Rudiger and have added Sterling to the attack after letting Lukaku go (thank goodness) even if Chelsea sign Kounde he will just replace Christiansen. Chelsea are currently rebuilding rather than strengthening imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

No idea Mikus. Wasn’t me πŸ˜„

Yeah I honestly can’t see anyone getting any closer to the top two this season. Spurs are the only ones to really strengthen (of the chasing pack) so far but they’re, we’ll, Spurs…

The top two have probably strengthened more than any of the sides chasing them so I think we’ll see another massive gap develop. None of the sides are anywhere near those two. They might challenge in cups but they’ve no chance in the league.

I think Chelsea and Spurs will pull away from the rest of the (non top 2) sides and fight for 3rd but they’re miles behind them 2, just slightly fewer miles than the rest.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Ye I think Chelsea have strengthened if only a small bit nine mate. Ruddier and koulbaiky really are like for like. Two absolute beasts

Lackau goes down as one of the worst pl signings ever so is no loss. Sterling is a brilliant player

Christianson was full of mistakes. Kounde be a huge improvement on him but that’s if he joins

Also the players chelsea bought two seasons again should now have had more then ample time to bed in. The likes of havertz etc. interesting times. I just think Chelsea are very good on their day. We didn’t beat you guys once. Every game was so tough

There really isn’t much between Liverpool and Chelsea as we saw in those games last season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

As a change…How about the best outsider, that is ignore what we consider the top 6, to break into the top4

Last season I said Everton….I will stick with them for this season as well

I told you I was no good at predicting!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

As a change…How about the best outsider, that is ignore what we consider the top 6, to break into the top4

Last season I said Everton….I will stick with them for this season as well

I told you I was no good at predicting!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

There really isn’t much between Liverpool and Chelsea as we saw in those games last season

Yeah besides the almost 20 point difference Sean, very little to separate them πŸ˜„. Utd did the double over City season before last under Ole. Means very little how you do in head to heads if you’re miles apart in points.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I don’t get personally why one just doesn’t big up their own team (if possible) instead of ‘A Y Z’ Tip-Toe.

32-4-Lost-4. 38 Games Played.

And then Liverpool only lost 2 claw back something like 14 points and still miss out on the Title, and the 2014 lark. We must truly be the un-luckiest. It’s a Manchester Club, in Red, but in Blue, Oh my Goodness, let’s predict them again and again to dominate.

They don’t draw games enough.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Nil,this thread is about an honest assessment of who posters think will win the PL this season. Its not about bigging up your own team. It’s just a bit of fun and Liverpool are certainly one of the 2 teams most likely to win the PL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Ye fair point Ed but I still think Chelsea be closer then people think. They really have an excellent squad.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Mikus LFC
                                          Participant

Sterling a good acquisition, but Chelsea need more in attack for me. Tuchel also concerned. As it stands could see Spurs finishing above them, who are on the rise under Conte.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12658019/thomas-tuchel-questions-chelsea-players-commitment-after-worrying-4-0-defeat-to-arsenal

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.