Home Community Man City Who could beat us?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    gjblues
    Participant

Having now seen all the teams (at least once) in this WC, who do you think could beat City, or at least give us a very good game (assuming our players played for us and not their country)?
      My choice would be France – very solid throughout the team and good strikers; however, I do think we could take them in a ‘one off’ game.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by gjblues.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

I think this is what is referred to as being up your own Arsenal!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Nobody mention Salahpool… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          gjblues
          Participant

I did wonder how this would be taken Nine, and that’s why I posted on the City pages. It certainly wasn’t scripted with the intention you imply but a genuine question.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

WATFORD

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              srd79
              Participant

Shouldn’t most top club sides be able to beat a top national side? Club teams train together on a daily basis all season. National teams don’t. That should mean that the club side is better drilled and have a much better understanding of each other. That counts for a lot.
                That being said I think both Germany and Spain would hammer City on their day. Muller would probably frustrate the hell out of Otamendi causing him to kick something at someones head again. And then it would be 10 vs 11 and then it could get really ugly πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

It would get really ugly with Germany, Ozil would be playing…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Could be worse,it could be Belgium and…… Fellaini.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

gj, I’ve got massive respect for City , Pep, the football played last season and all you guys on here who took it all in your stride don’t spoil it bud and turn us into a nation of ABC’s!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

There is no team in the WC that would beat Man City. I am assuming we’re talking about a team that is “better” anyway, cause on a given day, anything can happen. In General though, no international team is even close to Man Citys level.

I would say that Liverpool would probably be better than any international team in the world. Given that we’re still very much in transition, it’s a bit harder to say so in as sure a way as I said with Man City. I still consider Man City to be the best team in the world, they just havent been there long enough to have proven it yet. There’s no doubt in my mind that they’d have handled Real in a much better way than we did. We beat them because of our great attack but also because we’re their “counter”. No international team is their counter in the same way because they don’t play together enough to develop their unity/strategy etc etc. It’s just not possible.

The only chance the massive international teams have of being better than a top club side is a golden age, or just a serious abundance of talent.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

SalahManeFirminho-5-1.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

I still consider Man City to be the best team in the world, they just havent been there long enough to have proven it yet. Didnt Real Madrid win the CL for the last 3 seasons in a row? Man City are nowhere near Real Madrid.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

As good as they were last season let’s not get too carried away just yet with City they’ve been to one CL Semi Final they need to be racheting up regular CL Semi Final places , CL Finals and then winning the CL they’ve still got to do all that as well as winning back to back PL titles.

As Mav says despite a bit of a decline this season domestically and performance wise in the CL Real Madrid have just won 3 cumulative CL titles forget trying to compare City against international teams it’s the great club sides of Real Madrid, Barca and United in all their pomp that they should be compared against.

I’m not saying they won’t hit those kind of heights but they still got a way to go yet.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

“I would say that Liverpool would probably be better than any international team in the world. Given that we’re still very much in transition.”

This disease is spreading fast!?

Liverpool are on the right path but one League Cup in twelve seasons Mak means there’s still a long way to go yet for Liverpool.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Simples as dimples, cyber chums, Real Madrid have won the CL 3 years in a row and beat everybody in their path, they are pretty much the best team in the world right now, and have been for some time… just don’t mention Spurs as when they spanked their bottom it was a blip.

This thread is certainly turning into a “if Robert was my Mother’s Brother then my Uncle would have titties” type of argument, isn’t it?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

999-Agree m8 but instead of United INSERT Liverpool,AC Milan,Bayern,Ajax,Inter.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Mav, United were winning PL titles for fun one after the other not so long ago and then there’s that treble which has never been previously done and will take some doing again those are the objectives City should be aiming for and I suspect they are in Pep’s mind.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

999-Yes mate and while City might go on to win multiple domestic titles and cups,its the CL titles that make a great team,and City are a way,way away from achieving that.Thats why Liverpool are the most successful English team!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.