Home Community Liverpool West Brom 2 Liverpool 2

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just got back from work though did have my updates on my phone, but can’t believe we let that one slip.

I don’t know anything the moment in terms of team selection, how the game went, etc etc.

We had a chance really to close the gap on Man U and we should have done.

We’re now sitting on 71 points so ideally, it’d be good to win our remaining 3 games to get up to the 80 points mark.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Never about catching utd for me mate. It’s all about cementing top 4 and no matter what people say, it’s not over.

We didn’t get the decisions today but we have got plenty our way this season. A bad collapse but one I don’t think would happen if we had our proper back 4 playing but I’ve no probs with team we picked.

We didn’t play well. Full backs were poor. Great to see Ings score. WBA did very well and no complaints. Concerned about Chelsea caring us but we will bounce back

Huge game now on Tuesday. 5 points clear if Chelsea if they win game in hand. Semi finals of cl. Plenty to be positive about

Utd will win now to round off a disappointmenting day lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Sean, haha, know what you mean re the last πŸ™‚

Guess what? I had that thought we’d finally turned the corner (that old saying lol) and then I check my phone: 2-1, then check it some minutes later, and 2-2!

I don’t feel that much disappointed as Tuesday’s more important, and the main thing is that we don’t have any new injuries.

Just taking our eye off the ball a little and shipping in the odd goal here and there, otherwise, it’s not been a bad season mate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Can’t help but think that Jose would be getting pelters for saying this:

I don’t think that point will help West Brom massively, it is a complete waste of points. They don’t need it, we would have needed it

They are happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don’t stay in the league – it is a strange situation.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Those post match comments don’t do a lot of favours for Klopp do they? A”useless comeback” is more than a bit disrespectful. Does he really think West Brom should just be rolling over for Liverpool?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Just how useless is Lovren?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Agree lads. Embrassed by Klopps comments.

Poor excuses and very disrespectful to wba

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Not sure I agree with you Sean. They essentially need to win all of their remaining games and have their rivals lose theirs, they are relegated. I much prefer to have a no nonsense manager than one who talks a load of bullshit, like some do.

He’s right about the poor calls (It’s been a while since I’ve seen a ref so bad and also so one sided). He could see everything as long as it wasn’t for us.

As bad as the ref was, it was still us that lost the 2 points. Watching this side was like going back in time. There have been times when Gomez has played well enough this season, so I’ll spare him to some extent but Moreno, was anyone really surprised that he was a headless chicken nice again?

This game is the perfect demonstration that Van Dijk isn’t the only reason why we’re more solid at the back. TAA and Robertson are worlds ahead of the 2 lads we saw today.

Ings was good. Played in the centre and he scores. Glad to see Salah get one also but I think we could have done a lot more with the ball. We played at too low a tempo, although I see that they refused to water the pitch to soften up the hard ground .. I’m surprised to hear that this kind of thing is actually up to the home teams discretion. A hard surface isn’t just bad for football, it’s an injury threat. So why is this not regulated by the officials? If it’s too wet they will inspect the pitch but not too dry? That’s really odd to me.

Anyway, it isn’t over at all. 5 points if Chelsea win their game in hand, as you say Sean. We also play Chelsea, so if they win, it’s really tight. These 2 points lost could be massive. The 1 point West Brom got, does absolutely nothing for them, so they will be 80% as unhappy about the final result as us.. but of course it is nice to be the team that makes the comeback, mentally. However they are all but down. I guess that’ll be confirmed next week or so.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

You really see nothing wrong is what Klopp said? Really?

What if Jose had said the same?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

We’ll have to sort of draw a parallel and agree to disagree – not completely seen it, so going by first hand on here.

If you think over the course of the whole season, it’s evidently clear, our beloved Boss ‘tailors’ his approach and style adding humour to deliver an interview with ease and harmony. If you think in majority, he speaks ultra candidly in one interview or expresses something in the heat of the moment because of something inside which he wants to get out of his system.

I’m with Mak. It’s better to have somebody candid and tell it by nature rather than ‘oh well’.

It shows the sign of a Manager who’s not complacent. Maybe in essence, just somebody letting off steam when in context, he was 10 or so minutes away from winning all 3 points.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

I don’t see anything wrong with what Klopp said because he’s 100% right. He isn’t looking to start a fight, unlike what Jose does when he opens his mouth. He was only telling it like it is.

If you have a problem with what he said then would you like to tell me what that point does for them? If you can convince me that it is important to West Brom then I will reconsider my position of what Klopp said.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Oz Yob
                          Participant

Reverse the situation, we have no chance of top 4, we are playing a team that is still in the hunt & we play them at Anfield. We have nothing to play for, they do. Would we as fans just accept if the opposition went 2 up & our players just gave up. No bloody way, we’d be furious if the players didn’t give their all & try to win. They can go into the championship on the back of 2 excellent results against top 4 teams in the EPL. They showed a bit of fight & should be commended.
                            Whilst Klopps comments are correct in a way, the point does nothing for them, he didn’t seriously think they should just roll over & let us win did he. IMHO his comments are very disrespectful to West Brom & their fans & he got it wrong.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Well for one, nobody is saying that they should give up and hand us the points. What Klopp is lamenting is the result of their efforts, not their desire to fight. It’s absolutely true that they should be commended for the fight but the actual result does nothing for either of us. I thought Klopp was quite clear about this but I think people just want to be offended sometimes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Oz Yob
                              Participant

I don’t get the point your making Mak, just because they don’t get anything from taking points from us doesn’t mean they shouldn’t bother with the result. Your saying they should be commended for putting up a fight but because the result doesn’t really do anything in terms of where they will end up they shouldn’t have bothered. It doesn’t make sense to me, but then again I ain’t real bright I suppose.
                                Anyway we’ll agree to disagree.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Oz Yob
                                Participant

I do agree about the poor calls, I don’t usually blame a ref for dropped points & all in all we should’ve put them to bed earlier but jeezus he was very very biased in their favor. I believe it did effect the result but as Sean said we’ve ad some lucky calls ourselves this season so can’t complain too much. Like I said the game should’ve been wrapped up earlier. Anyhow a couple of wins from guaranteed top 4 & another couple form another C/L final so still in a good position.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Ok, seen the brief highlights and the press conference.

From that it’s hard to tell regarding the criticism of the pitch which was Klopp’s main ‘moan of the match’. Apparently, it was dry and not sprinkled as it should be. I could tell recently there was something iffy about Everton’s surface, and there’s definitely something in that, though maybe that’s something to think about for the future to try and adapt.

Regarding what’s been highlighted on here, the reality for West Brom is that they are facing the Championship, but it’s still a professional football match and no, even if we need the points more than them, we can’t expect them just to roll over.

Again, probably a feeling a being aggrieved on the back of maybe poor refereeing and the fact that it was the same team that knocked us out of the FA Cup back in January.

For me, what I noticed and something we can’t just ignore and run away from is that Louis Karius is a liability. We need a new keeper in the summer.

Wijn is been too quiet in my liking away from home as a supporting midfielder to protect the back 4 so hopefully, Kieta will prove to be better to link up with Van Dijk.

There are area’s of the pitch where teams are still able to exploit us and whether there’s 10 or 2 minutes left, we shouldn’t have allowed ourselves to take our eye off the ball. That’s 2 points dropped, but it’s gone now and Roma is now our main focus and a very massive test for us.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

No, I’m not saying that they shouldn’t have bothered. I am saying that their (good) efforts (and that of Liverpool too) resulted in nothing useful, for either team. Ok a draw is slightly more useful to Liverpool but it doesn’t help West Brom out at all, hence a wasted potential 3 points, to either team.

I hope that’s a bit clearer. I’ll break out the analogies if not πŸ˜›

Oz Yob, are you Number8?

As for the reffing thing, Ya I mean I won’t place too much of the blame on him (even though I’ve not seen a more biased ref in years, really.) but I am uncomfortable with the idea that bad decisions even themselves out. I’m very much in favour of VAR and it surprises me that so many fans are against it. I don’t want to crack that egg open, we know the arguments for and against.. Lets just hope that they streamline the process and all is eventually good regards these shocking decisions that have a big impact on results.

Refs aren’t meant to have an impact on the results but whether it’s for us or against us, they do. There can be situations where you feel bad regardless of whether they go for you or not. For instance, the Man City decisions that went for us have kinda cheapened our vastly superior performance over them.

Anyway, we can’t have a perfect world but it can do better.

you’re right though. I can’t lie, I get excited when I think just how small an amount of football is between us a potential number 6. Maybe this is why I’m not bitter about the West Brom result πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

I’m sure Klopp will wake up this morning regretting much of what he said post match.

Klopp had a point though on the penalty and on the blow to Ings whilst on the floor.

The pitch though was well watered before the game and WBA are not obliged to prepare a pitch that’s perfect for Liverpool which was fine at 2 nil up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        whoisbeni
                                        Participant

Thought Klopp was ok to be honest – didn’t disagree too much with what he said. Those who take exception are to blame for us having interviews full of nothing statements and platitudes. Give me an honest Klopp.

If comparing to Jose then I’d love to see the absolute meltdown he’d have had post match after such poor refereeing display and throwing away a two goal lead. Boom!

Ah well, looks like top 4 is safe.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          whoisbeni
                                          Participant

That was actually the performance I expected against Bournemouth after beating City.

No complaints really as we didn’t create enough chances to deserve the win, and were lacklustre. But after going two goals up we should have been able to hold on against the worst team in the league. Although without van dyke we would have previously lost – he won some massive challenges and a fantastic header two minutes into injury time.

Bring on Tuesday – this is ideal preparation to hopefully get them focussed

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.