Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 14

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Straight into the Weekend following a run of Midweek Games from the Premier League.

More points to be earned from Teams where the League Table is looking tight, though nearer to the Top end, a gap is starting to emerge. All can change over the next few weeks.

Deadline for this Weekend to get Teams in is 11am Saturday.

Some Very Exciting Fixtures!

πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Some tricky games for all the top sides

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Really looking forward to the Spurs vs Leicester game,as well as Crystal Palace vs Liverpool,too.Leeds vs United should be a cracker,too,and expect to go down 3-0 before 15 minutes are upπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
          Southampton vs City also a very good prospect,with Everton vs Arsenal as well.Some very tasty fixtures ahead ,and with players tired,anything can happen.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Am I one of the few who think utd actually look a decent side? They are very good counter attscking team team but when they need to come back and get on the ball, they can play.

Injuries to rashford and Bruno
            Would derail them but they are doing well.cl exit is terrible but they are getting a lot of overboard stick

They keep conceding silly goals and giving teams head starts but they are no we’re near as bad as some make out. When is the last time they lost in the league?

Problem is, its keep ole one week and sack ole the next.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

United aren’t about to sack Ole they’re doing ok and rumours are they will spend in January.

I suspect Ole will start next season as United Manager too they need to strengthen in a couple of areas but who doesn’t.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Transfer Centre starts on January 4th on Sky.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

It is a strange situation at Man Utd with Ole. Win their game in hand, they go 2nd, above Spurs, just 2 points behind Liverpool. But they only have a +3 goal difference – one of the lowest in the top half of the table. Their record vs the (usual) top 6 so far is also poor having played 4, drawn 2, lost 2. Also, their CL performance probably gives a better indicator of where they actually are at the moment. It all feels like a kind of unstable equilibrium whereby as Sean says, injuries to Rashford and Bruno would hit them badly.

If a new manager came in tomorrow though, with *this* squad of players, would they do that much better? But if I was a Man Utd fan, it wouldn’t change the fact that the club are still drifting – they’re neither great nor dire. Do you throw more money at Ole? It may help a bit, but the club, as we’ve said for sometime, is in dire need of assertive leadership to do what needs to be done. The Pogba situation sums up the club – by paying the fee they did for him some years ago, the club were effectively saying, we are going to build the team around you – you are going to be our star. But they didn’t harmonise this with their managers, and since then, they’ve been trying save face over Pogba. Moving him out of the club, and putting the manager in charge again needs to be a first step. (If Allegri is targeted though, having worked with Pogba at Juve, one wonders if that would tempt the Utd board to give Pogba one last try πŸ˜‚).

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Excellent post mikius

Very good summary of the pig a situation as he shoujd have been thrown out at least 18 months ago. I only presume they are trying to save face cause he’s toxic around the place

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

One word so far to describe Liverpool:sensational!And without Salah.No wonder Klopp is the best manager in the world.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Mav, the selection of goals were all quality in a variety of ways. Salah came on and that hunger came out. best performance from Taki so far. Something to build on!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

As I said last week Liverpool by at least 3.😊

Some fabulous goals. Liverpool the best team in Europe by far in transition.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Have I got this wrong but why was the high boot in on Ings not a penalty? He nearly kicked him in the face and it definitely put him off when he went for the header but there seem to be no complaints.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

That is the fittest looking Walcott has ever looked btw, the guy must have doubled down on the gym/diet side of things.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Luckydestiny
                              Participant

Pool lucky Palace didn’t have a go at them, this pool team can be got at, apparently πŸ™‚

What a team klopp has created, smiley over animated brilliant twat!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Luckydestiny.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

LD-Lol,and as 9s says,Liverpool are meant to have been decimated by injuries,lol.
                                  Mak-I fooking missed the 2nd half,gonna have to watch the highlights now,it sounds as if Pool didnt even get started until the 2nd half started.Bastards Pool players,they did that just to wind me up,lol
                                  LD-Klopp has created not a team,but a winning machine and they are all on Duracell.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

27-Just imagine how many the 3 musketeers will score against pussies like Maguire & Lindeflop?!Doesnt bear thinking about it,lol.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

That’s the thing though, they were getting at us early on but more and more, they dropped their heads. Around the 4th goal or so, they just totally surrendered and were more like hostages, waiting to be saved by the final whistle than they looked like players in a Pl team.

I know you’re just joking around cause of the long exchange between yourself and Sean but Liverpool absolutely can be got at. As for the injuries, with Alisson and trent now back and fully match fit, we’re in a lot better shape. Firmino had one of his best games in years, so in a way we got him back too. mane scored his first goal in 10, so we got him back also. His movement was electric again, I missed it.

Im most proud of Taki Minamino, as I said I just hope he takes this match under his belt and progresses from it.

And ya, Klopp is a master. myself and a few other LFC lads were questioning Minamino and Keita starting, with Salah on the bench. Well, it more than worked the treat. Although I think Palace’s lack of quality flatters the performance slightly.

Anyway, I watched most of the m1st half of the Southampton V City game. Seems City were in control and then they scored. its been all Southampton so far but I already think I notice that pressure teams get from not scoring after an extended period of good attacking phases. Ings getting injured is horrible luck for them all but they have enough quality in that team to continue making a go of it, i think anyway.

I do still think they should have had a penalty for the high boot into Ings face (well bloody near it). Perhaps ive forgotten a rule change but years and years ago it used to be a penalty offense, perhaps its an indirect freekick in the box now ? cause the protests werent very vocal.

anyway, a very good game so far for those of you on the fence about turning it on.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Mav, Utd will probably beat us man. you lads almost always turn up against us and this time you actually have a few players who are of a good enough quality to hit a very high gear.

I say that also because of the way football seems to go.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Mav, United will likely sit back and try and hit Liverpool on the break with their pacey players. When is it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Lol Mak,if SHU can create for fun against us,I can only imagine Liverpool`s attacking trio against the headless Maguire and Lindeflop.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 121 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.