Home Community General Football Week Six: Can’t chuffin’ wait…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

So, Week 5 sorted (let’s be honest, nobody important playing today, is there? πŸ˜‰ ) and I can’t wait for next week and the seasons first NLD!!!

No idea if we’re going to win, especially away at the Hemorrhoids stadium (bloody spell check!), and it wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world to have our bubble burst a little bit, keep our feet on the ground and all that… but a win?? Wouldn’t sulk about that either, that’s for sure!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Well, we’ll have to take each game as it comes from our side.

Didn’t I say though somewhere on here Postecoglou would be good for you. If there’s bumps what I wouldn’t want is Levy being Levy and releasing the trap door. It’s early days so we’ll wait and see if and when there are draws and defeats.

End of the month Sat will be the acid test and could be Tea-time game of the season. No Kane mind, but Richarlison will be relishing for sure πŸ™‚

I’m just really happy we are where we are from the fixtures we’ve endured. We’re usually playing catch up and the knives would be out.

I’m just grateful.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Arsenal will beat spurs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Probably right, Waspy, but that’s why we play the game… would take a draw now as it’s away from home, but it’s going to be interesting to see how we do against a team that won’t be parking the bus and trying to hit us on the counter like the first 5 games so far this season…

Certainly won’t be putting my Monster Munch on a 0-0, that’s for sure… more like 4-2 to the Goonies. I doubt many of us Spud-lovers genuinely fancy our chances of 3 points, just want us to see how far we’ve “developed” with Angie-ball…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            steveosnakeeye
            Participant

Think it will much closer than many think
              We only play well in spurts and the derby equals many things and with the spuds great start and new manager bounce they will be well up for this
              If we can find our shooting boots it could be a very good game
              Agree with Nancy it won’t be 0-0 but I’m not going in to the game with the confidence of last year!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

After 5 games the over reaction to certain teams/players wtc is msdfness. I really like ange at spurs but who have they played? Utd at home? The way they defend will give trans chances. Lose a few games and the love in for ange will stop.

Players being hailed as top players after 5 games etc. signings being written off already. it’s ridiculous. Let’s see were everyone is in 20 games time

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Postecoglu has injected a massive amount of positivity and flair into Spurs. Don’t think anyone’s saying they’re the real deal yet, but Spurs have finally found a perfect fit with him after the debacle of recent appointments. And that positivity is generating a lot of confidence which inevitably is instilling a winning mentality. Arsenal you’d think will still be favourites as they are further in to their development and are a more solid, balanced and polished side, though they’re certainly not perfect or unbeatable and I think Arteta can sometimes be too clever for his own good. Add the derby into the mix, with both sides playing with confidence and who knows what will happen. Could easily see a 2-2, or a 2-3. One to definitely look forward to.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

I red from one of the red tops a punter had won something like 50 grand from an acca from selecting teams coming from behind. Tottenham was the last game that secured his Bet. That is stupendous.

Definitely more of an acid test for the old boy from Celtic. The Gunners can pluck out good quality from the bench. Jesus not even getting in the first 11. Trossard was the difference y’day and it will probably take something special next Sun.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

How can you say it’s a perfect fit after 5 ganes mikuis mate? It’s far to early to judge that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

Is it too early? He’s been working with those players for longer than 5 games, they’re clearly implementing his style, the players look to be enjoying it and have responded to him, they’re getting results and the fans very much look on board with it all. Of course they’re still early on in his reign, and of course there’ll be bumps in the road, but he’s clearly having a positive impact on that team which is the main job of a manager. You saw similar signs early on with Klopp that things were changing for the better. Now it’s to be seen how far he can take them, but I think you can always gauge fairly quickly how successful the transmission belt is from the manager to the players. Good appointments tend to have positive impacts fairly quickly. It’s whenever I hear that a manager “needs time”, I think, why? What’s going to suddenly change if there’s not been a great deal evidence of change before?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

As a Spud-lover, I can say I’m loving what is going on at the Lane right now. Nobody is expecting us to win anything at all this season, just hoping to get some Euro footy for next season of some sort, that’s about it, and maybe depending on the luck of the draw, a long run in the FA Cup…

It’s just brilliantly refreshing to see a team playing on the front foot for a change, after the dross served up under Nuno/Maureen/Conte… and having a go at teams rather than getting a one goal lead (or trying to get a one goal lead) and then shutting up shop.

I think us Spuds will have a much more realistic expectataion after our next two games, playing aruguably the 2nd and 3rd best sides in the Prem… fully expecting to lose both but as long as we show what we’re doing and where we’re going I don’t think we’ll be throwing our toys out the pram just yet.

We’ve managed to score 13 goals in 5 games against sides that were pretty much sitting back/counter attacking (or parking the boss depending on how “trendy” the manager is!) so I do fancy our chances of scoring against the goonies this weekend… it’s all about how many we let in the other end! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Alfie_1
                          Participant

I can most certainly wait!

I’ll be waiting in a darkened room whilst the match is in as well!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Is it not new manager bounce? So if spurs finish 8th, will people still be saying the same?

Time will tell mate

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Always thought the new manager bounce was more to do with a manager taking over mid-season, rather than having a pre-season… or maybe not!

As you say, time will tell, but I’m enjoying the ride right now… and starting to think 8th might be a bit pessimistic (although I think you wouldn’t have got many disagreeing 5 games ago!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

Wouldn’t call it new manager bounce Sean, he’s completely changed the way they play and it’s delivering. It just feels like a mist has risen and he seems a breath of fresh air. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll suddenly become a top team, but he clearly fits their profile better and the players look happy again. Considering where Spurs have been the last few years that’s a type of success in itself. But also, the effectiveness of a teams attack is a big indicator of where they’ll finish for me and they look to have a nice flow to them and Maddison has fitted them like a glove. Even Richarlisons starting to score after last season’s poor return.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Adlab
                                  Participant

Too much summation after just 5 games.
                                    United could easily win their next few games and shoot up the table.
                                    Spurs…need to wait for 10 games

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

What I’m enjoying the most is Nancys new found optimism which will inevitably come crashing down all spursy soon enough 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Come on, cyber chum, after 3/4 years of utter dross served up and trying to pretend it was fun to watch and all that other marlarky, let me have this for at least another 6 days…

Of course, I fully expect you to hide up my sisters skirt if we win and not to be seen for at least 6 weeks through sheer embarressment…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

Your skin and blisters skirts are big enough for everyone to hide behind but you right you won’t see me for dust 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 139 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.