Home Community General Football Week Five: It’s back…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

No real “biggies” to get too excited about… YooUtd vs Seagulls arguably being the pick of the bunch…

Obviously all eyes in my house are on whether us Spuds can keep up with our considerably better than expected start to the season… 3 points here would be very nice before we have a double header with the Goonies and Micky Mousers, the real acid test on how far (or not) we may have come!

Can’t see any “upsets” with all the other big-dogs… perhaps a bit of a banana skin for the Bone Saw Boyz but home advantage should see them through…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Be a tough trip at Molineux for us. The old chestnut of 12:30 kick off away from home after International Break. Van Dijk serves his second game of suspension, so I’m guessing the unchanged partnership of Matip and Gomez. If a form a shape and stick to it rather than playing the line higher up, we should be able to cope.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Hate the 12.30 kicks offs. Did us no favours last season,

Intersing to see who plays in right for utd now with Anthony out, still fancy utd at home againest most teams. Great home record

International weekebd was tripe. Absolutely boring

New top boy got me through the weekend innit!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I binged on that one too… who do you think “dun it”? My money’s on Jaq…

(As long as they don’t all wake up in the shower!)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Ah no idea Chucky very good though!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

It was all or nothing back in the day under Brendan Rodgers when it came to 12:45. That 13/14 season was the launch and the making of BT Sport (now TNT). If you win, then it’s trumps for the whole weekend.

I don’t think Klopp has liked the early kick offs. Hotel and overnight stay in Wolverhampton.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

I think after tomorrow, we’ll be spared of internationals for another month. Plenty of Premier League football to get our teeth into plus Carabao Cup and CL EL.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Adlab
                  Participant

Nike. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Wolves can’t score to save their lives. They are very poor in front of goal.

We have a tricky one away to inform WHU.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Should have lost to Wolves and Nottingham,so expect to be beaten by Brighton.Mitoma and Ferguson to have a field day.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

BT rebranded as TNT, but still no real proposition for somebody without any attachments i.e. phone, broadband or being a Sky Customer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

kovacic unavailable for Saturday; Grealish and Stones in doubt. The London Stadium packed at 3pm my Heart’s set on the Hammers to inflict defeat on Pep Guardiola.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Adlab
                          Participant

I think this will be a very difficult game particularly bearing in mind injuries. But it’s a very long season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

Last season we drew 5 and lost 5 ie dropped points in 10 out of 38 games ie 26% of games.
                              Clearly we can’t win every game but by way of total nonsense we clearly can’t win every game but if we mirror last season every win from here will improve our chances statistically.
                              If you believe that you’ll believe Johnson didn’t know the Covid rules about “gatherings”.
                              Our games coming up are all tough and away from home. We could drop significant points….

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              threeps
                              Participant

You won almost everything last season. You then added arguably the most sought after young left sided defender in the World. Its just a matter of how big a margin City will win the league by and how early.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Resilient and Robust overall with game management and tactical nous. It would take a very good team to perform over 90 mins on the day.

Haaland is firing and City have defensively adapted becoming more tighter. With the players lost and De Bruyne out, though the question asked is can they go on a winning streak?

Adlab, you are right sir and would agree given the opposition you have away from home such as Arsenal and Manchester United. Points could be dropped but it’s whether there is somebody else out there able to capitalize and keep up.

The only team realistically I can see in doing that is Arsenal.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Tottenham 5 Sheffield United 0

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Just win for me please as a Birthday Treat 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

I’ll let the boys now… I’m sure they’ll do their best!

So, what have you got against Sheffield Utd?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Lol, absolutely nothing. Nothing at all 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

I was referring to Molineux.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.