Home Community General Football Week 38 – Final Day – Farewell Jurgen Klopp

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Sunday 19 May 2024 All Matches kicking off at 4pm

Arsenal V Everton
      Brentford V Newcastle
      Brighton V Man Utd
      Burnley V Nottm Forest
      C Palace V Aston Villa
      Chelsea V AFC Bournemouth
      Liverpool V Wolves
      Luton V Fulham
      Man City V West Ham
      Sheff Utd V Spurs

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

4th Title for the Sky Blues. Superbly well battled by the Gunners it goes without saying this season; a lot of resemblance to Liverpool of 2019 and 2022, but Manchester City find a way through the course of the season.

I’m starting to personally feel the fact that we won’t be with Jurgen Klopp for the first time since 2015 from this summer. An emotional day to say the least.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Ye he will be sorely missed nil mate.

Some opposing fans will try say he under achieved which is nonsense.if anytbing we over achieved with who we were competing againest and the money involved. no one is except pep can improve players like klopp did. Absolutely best years for me as a liverpool fan. Liverpool fans understand the man he is. Brought a broken mess back to the top. Wr were never fully back until we won the league. If he only won the league and nothing else he still be an absolute hero.

So many great nights and memories. So so many huge games we were involved on. He spent money, we recruited well but his net spend is low compared to others. He turned decent players into world class talent playing the best football ive seen as a fan. Players from hull, Southampton, newcastle etc

He was just a perfect fit for the club just like fergie was for utd, jose for chelsea ,christian gross for spurs. He brought anfield back to life. Brought young scouse players through. Bit deflated at our finish but of its over 80 points, trophy and third’s its a good send off. Biggest disappointment is europa as no excuses, we should have won that.

Hes left the club in great shape Ive absolutely no doubt we will regress now. Slot totally underwhelming appointment but there is absolutely no one else out there to take his plqce. What an absolute journey as a fan and im gutted he is going.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          CM
          Participant

The cheating twats on the blue side of Manchester stopped English football from having 1 of the all times greats. Where he didn’t need big financial resources to win things. Like I said the fact Klopp competed against Pep with the money he spent is admirable. Chelsea or Manchester United should have been the ones competing against City, yet Klopp did it at a fraction of what they spent.

English football has lost its morals and it has become a monopoly now. It should have been more for Klopp and Liverpool, but it never was because some financial doping club just wanted to take short cuts to win trophies.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Hi Sean, very well expressed mate and agree with your sentiments.

I thought during Covid and what happened sadly in JK’s personal life may have made him think about his position and possibly then resign.

I think our first trophy was the CL in 2019. Astonishingly, we won a fair bit and the Premier League. I just ignore those types of fans with remarks such as “I league Title in 30”. It’s actually 19 League Titles, one less than Manchester United.

I actually enjoyed his early days in 2016 and the match versus Dortmund. He wanted his own players, but the ‘stock’ he inherited he made the best out of; even Lucas!

A wonderful Man-Manager and if he has earned more than the Respect of Pep Guardiola, not to mention other Premier League Mangager’s on the circuit, that is saying something. A fair few Tributes made up and posted out; already emotional in watching.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Yeah Klopp will be missed in the league for sure. Was a big character and made me hate Liverpool again 😁, which usually means they’re doing things right.

He had no right to compete with City and helped ensure the league didn’t quite become like the German league albeit we’re getting there anyway now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Lol ed, it could have been better, bery small margins st times but its been a great time as a supporter.

Nil, love the tributes. You knew everyone in the club, tea ladies, chefs, everyone.

Brilliant comment from neville saying you can replace the manager but not the man

Going to be emotional tomorrow

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Sir Alex has also paid JK a tribute. There has been lots of tributes. Feels real sad thinking about and trying to come to terms with it.

This time 30 years ago, I remember losing to Norwich City on the final day when the original Kop end of Anfield was to be demolished and refurbished.

Liverpool Wolves will be live on Sky along with Chelsea Bournemouth and Man City West Ham. The Arsenal Everton game will be on TNT Sports, all kicking off at the same time.

A whole load of Digital memorabilia to watch and treasure 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

On the question I raised in last week’s thread, I have been having a think about this. The more I want to think the other way, my instincts tell me the Brand of the PL won’t cheapen or weaken irrespective of Man City’s dominance.

They have been pushed and challenged let’s be real. It’s just narrowly not been enough.

My brutal honest thoughts in how a fan could be forced to walk away or lose interest is by the Technology and the Ruling and this profoundly does need to be addressed.

The Offside Rule in microscopic detail to determine ON or OFF must go. Fouls and Penalties must be polished up properly and consistency has to be aimed for.

Don’t allow play to go on and then blow the whistle afterwards. There is a risk of players being injured. I believe it’s this side of the game that’s causing pain to ALL fans and followers of the game.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

The only slight reservation I have is Ederson not playing, but that might just be minor in from the projection of ball retention, and possession largely in the opposing half and quite simply having the best players on the pitch.

It’s more a reliance of counter-attacking play and very hard graft which may be achieved for some minutes, but to carry it through for 100 minutes to thwart the Blues, I just can’t see it.

Pickford and Everton meanwhile will be on Holiday at the Emirates. We’re looking at a 3-0, tense with phones and radios on throughout.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Alfie_1
                        Participant

All over after a minute.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Alfie_1
                          Participant

Some goal from Caicedo

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

That’s a RED. Thank you VAR for once. Serious Dangerous Play.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Yeah, Title’s Man City’s. Congratulations. 4 In A Row UNIQUE

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Congrats to city. Unbeaten in 23 games. Unstoppable and all very boring now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Nil, ive seen loads of those not given as red this season. The foul on gravenberch in carbao final was worse yet not even a yellow.

Just another example of inconsistency that has ruined the season

You slow it down and always looks worse

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I get that Sean. You’re right. They did take their time though and also gave Cavannah the option to re-view it which he would have seen in ‘real-time’ play.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Bit weird at the Emirates, but they’ve levelled.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Villa getting a proper battering…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Nevermind Buffy, maybe next year…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.