Home Community General Football Week 13 footy (including predictions)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Big Jim 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Editor
    Keymaster
    355 pts

Two rounds of games in quick succession this coming week with midweek games following the weekend schedule. I’ll get the midweek predictions list up by the end of this week too. Big one this weekend needs no introduction. Looking forward to to Saturday evening!

You have to be a registered user and logged in to play in this pool.

#7841 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

Clinging on to Top Spot by my finger tips… bring it on gents, BRING IT ON!!!

#7848 Score: 0

Brian blue
    Participant
    214 pts

That has doomed City, just forecast them to win!!!!!

#7859 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

Naturally Pool vs the Chav’s should be the pick of the week (going for a Chav win if anybody is interested) but I’m actually looking forward to the Burnley vs Goon Show on Sunday, especially after the Goonies rather dismal showing last night in the Europa league. Based on hope more than anything but I fancy a draw there!

On another note, how many Friday night home games have the Spammers had? That’s three already this season, isn’t it?

#7871 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

This ain’t a bad game tonight, Foxes certainly started off better but the Spammers really got back into it and deservedly got an equalizer right before half-time. Quite looking forward to the second half.

#7873 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    355 pts

Looks like I’m the only one to go for a Liverpool win in the later game today. I really can’t see Liverpool losing this one at home but I’ve been wrong before!

#7875 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    252 pts

Can’t see Liverpool winning ed. Chelsea far to drilled and organized. Very good team. They know how to defend and are lethal on the break. Such a well balanced side. Don’t think we have beaten them at home since 2012

I’d take a draw now. Even if we went 2-0 every team knows they have a chance of getting back in the game. Our game management is a shambles

#7876 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    355 pts

Yeah I agree with all that Sean. Chelsea should really be winning this. Their strength is Liverpool’s achilles heel but Liverpool just seem to have a knack of pulling out a performance against the big sides when least expected to. They may not win, granted. But I can’t see them losing at home

#7881 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

Nice sportsmanship from YooUtd there, allowing Brighton to fight for the ball for 30 seconds so they could kick it out for their own player to get treatment, then allowing themselves to keep possession in the oppo’s half by throwing to themselves and continuing play…. quality sportsmanship there!!

#7882 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    401 pts

And then they score with a jammy deflection from a corner that wasn’t a corner… while 24incher is literally kicking a Brighton defender… damn… how do they get away with it?

#7886 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    355 pts

Feels a bit too early to put a thread up for the midweek games so I’ll stick the midweek predictions on here for now and re-post them on a new thread once the weekend fixtures are finished

You have to be a registered user and logged in to play in this pool.

#7887 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    355 pts

Well I was almost right on the late game until that late goal, Sean! Good result that for the rest of the pack in and around the CL spots. Top 4 impossible to call this season

#7888 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    430 pts

If City win their game tomorrow, I am afraid a one-horse race!

#7889 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    700 pts

In the context of battling for a CL place I’m happy with the draw, Anfield is a tough place to go at the best of times and a lot tougher with a 5:30pm Saturday evening kick off after a circa 6 hour flight from Baku and not getting home until 6am on Thursday morning.

#7890 Score: 0
    newbalance
    newbalance
    Participant
    160 pts

A lot of work commitments of late to focus on football, and really only watched properly the second half. First of all: Lallana is a little up his own back side; I mean, who was that to on the left hand-side after coming on. I had high hopes for this fella, but he’s just milking it on the back of the better players who are of genuine quality. I know it’s an injury and all the rest of it, but he is just annoying.

As for the result, I’m not too downbeat, but annoyed; why the hell is Anfield even a Library? Don’t they want to ‘be up for this game’? For heaven’s sake: Chelsea are ONE of our rivals point blank.

Unless we’re sort of like 5-0 up against the more determined opposition, there is a certainty we will crumble. That was just one great lob over the keeper – not really his fault, but just a wonderful finish. I really hate that guy because he played his part in (or forever will remind me in rubbing his nose to damage us winning the League Championship).

Salah is doing too much meaning that we really should have an Ian Rush, and/or a Robbie Fowler, but we simply don’t.

2 points dropped in a game we should have won. I love Jurgen, but purely and simply, this isn’t good enough and I’m really fed up and sick to the back teeth of settling for second best.

We are devoid of some serious good and proper 5-0, 6-0, even 7-0 routers, honestly: If the Model of us are ‘Gun-Ho’ then quite simply, we should be bulleting teams.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.