Home Community General Football Week 13 footy (including predictions)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Two rounds of games in quick succession this coming week with midweek games following the weekend schedule. I’ll get the midweek predictions list up by the end of this week too. Big one this weekend needs no introduction. Looking forward to to Saturday evening!

[fp-predictionform match=”123-132″]

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Clinging on to Top Spot by my finger tips… bring it on gents, BRING IT ON!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

That has doomed City, just forecast them to win!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Naturally Pool vs the Chav’s should be the pick of the week (going for a Chav win if anybody is interested) but I’m actually looking forward to the Burnley vs Goon Show on Sunday, especially after the Goonies rather dismal showing last night in the Europa league. Based on hope more than anything but I fancy a draw there!

On another note, how many Friday night home games have the Spammers had? That’s three already this season, isn’t it?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

This ain’t a bad game tonight, Foxes certainly started off better but the Spammers really got back into it and deservedly got an equalizer right before half-time. Quite looking forward to the second half.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Looks like I’m the only one to go for a Liverpool win in the later game today. I really can’t see Liverpool losing this one at home but I’ve been wrong before!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Can’t see Liverpool winning ed. Chelsea far to drilled and organized. Very good team. They know how to defend and are lethal on the break. Such a well balanced side. Don’t think we have beaten them at home since 2012

I’d take a draw now. Even if we went 2-0 every team knows they have a chance of getting back in the game. Our game management is a shambles

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Yeah I agree with all that Sean. Chelsea should really be winning this. Their strength is Liverpool’s achilles heel but Liverpool just seem to have a knack of pulling out a performance against the big sides when least expected to. They may not win, granted. But I can’t see them losing at home

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Nice sportsmanship from YooUtd there, allowing Brighton to fight for the ball for 30 seconds so they could kick it out for their own player to get treatment, then allowing themselves to keep possession in the oppo’s half by throwing to themselves and continuing play…. quality sportsmanship there!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

And then they score with a jammy deflection from a corner that wasn’t a corner… while 24incher is literally kicking a Brighton defender… damn… how do they get away with it?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Feels a bit too early to put a thread up for the midweek games so I’ll stick the midweek predictions on here for now and re-post them on a new thread once the weekend fixtures are finished

[fp-predictionform match=”133-142″]

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Well I was almost right on the late game until that late goal, Sean! Good result that for the rest of the pack in and around the CL spots. Top 4 impossible to call this season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

If City win their game tomorrow, I am afraid a one-horse race!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

In the context of battling for a CL place I’m happy with the draw, Anfield is a tough place to go at the best of times and a lot tougher with a 5:30pm Saturday evening kick off after a circa 6 hour flight from Baku and not getting home until 6am on Thursday morning.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

A lot of work commitments of late to focus on football, and really only watched properly the second half. First of all: Lallana is a little up his own back side; I mean, who was that to on the left hand-side after coming on. I had high hopes for this fella, but he’s just milking it on the back of the better players who are of genuine quality. I know it’s an injury and all the rest of it, but he is just annoying.

As for the result, I’m not too downbeat, but annoyed; why the hell is Anfield even a Library? Don’t they want to ‘be up for this game’? For heaven’s sake: Chelsea are ONE of our rivals point blank.

Unless we’re sort of like 5-0 up against the more determined opposition, there is a certainty we will crumble. That was just one great lob over the keeper – not really his fault, but just a wonderful finish. I really hate that guy because he played his part in (or forever will remind me in rubbing his nose to damage us winning the League Championship).

Salah is doing too much meaning that we really should have an Ian Rush, and/or a Robbie Fowler, but we simply don’t.

2 points dropped in a game we should have won. I love Jurgen, but purely and simply, this isn’t good enough and I’m really fed up and sick to the back teeth of settling for second best.

We are devoid of some serious good and proper 5-0, 6-0, even 7-0 routers, honestly: If the Model of us are ‘Gun-Ho’ then quite simply, we should be bulleting teams.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Careworkerlfc
                                  Participant

Draw was a fair result IMO, Chelsea had the Fortune with the Will I An Goal but they looked dangerous on the Counter in the First half and it was Mignolet who was the busier Keeper in that period. Klopp I think has to shoulder the blame for His starting Eleven, Mane and Firmino on the bench didn’t seem the right option and then Not to bring either on until the 88th Minute didn’t sit right with anyone. Salah again was superb for Us and what a Buy He’s turned out to be, Also would like to single out Azpilicutea for Chelsea who was an absolute rock for them, Yes it may be Two points dropped but at least it wasn’t a defeat.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Badfella Type
                                    Participant

Chelsea had so many chances but Morata is a Torres clone lloses the ball at his feet too often. Conte should have started with a better attacking 11.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Taxi, your usual fair and balanced assesment. I would have been disappointed to have come away with nothing from that game. I thought both Salah and Azpiluqueta were both candidates for MOM with Hazard not far behind. Salah was fabulous a major mistake by Chelsea alongside the De Bruyne error in letting him go.

You make a good point about the atmosphere at Anfield but it’s not just a Liverpool problem though all of the top PL clubs are affected by the advent of the tourist fans and the once in a lifetime fans at games now.

At the Bridge you will see tourist fans coming out of the club shop from Japan and China etc etc completely togged out in all new Chelsea gear with multiple scarves around their necks who can’t join in the songs and chants that contribute to the atmosphere because the majority don’t speak enough English and or don’t know the words to join in.

It’s the price we all pay for the PL being a global brand and attracting major overseas companies to our club’s to be shirt sponsors or the official club Cornflakes sponsor etc etc.? Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Reckon 1-1 was reasonable to both sides, no idea why Herr Brenda left the Mane Man on the bench for this, and then only gave him 5 minutes… is the hamstring still bothering him? After dropping points against the Baggies (soft as shit goal to give away and then they just sat with 11 men behind the ball!), hoping for another draw between Burnley and the Goon Show this afternoon.

Pity YooUtd fluked/jammed/cheated their way to 3 points…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Chucky, it felt like a kick in the guts for us. A win would have been really nice, but it now seems to be the norm against the better sides that as soon as we score first, at some point or at the death of the game, we’re going to concede.

At Anfield too, we’re dropping points against the bigger teams above us, and economically, that’s not good enough. And yep, as mentioned last night, the atmosphere is just awful. How can the players be gee-d up if the supporters don’t even get behind them?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.