Home Community Man City We get slagged off. Liverpool how great to spend £75m

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

So the tapping up did work. Just a delay in signing.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Rumours are Saints made Liverpool pay a premium for VVD. To be fair i think they are also getting a fair amount of stick. Neville openly laughed last night. But you are right, we went about the Sterling signing the correct way and the liverpool media mafia went into overdrive. VVD at that money is a big risk for them no doubt. But their need was far far greater than ours. And its probably cost them their best player aswell. They also now probably need a keeper.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Slagged-off for what? Have you heard of a team paying £27.5m for a useless plank called Fellaini???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

30 million for the dancing queen that is Disco Sisiiisisisiskksososoeoekskskko?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            paul powers tash
            Participant

Mav – Be a good boy Jose and give the plank a new 150K a week contract 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Paul-You obviously haven not heard? That useless piece of plank has REJECTED the 150k p/w contract.Hoping to hear from PSG and clubs from China,apparently!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

Adlab – all I’ve heard today is people laughing at the fee!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  whoisbeni
                  Participant

The £75m is affordable and generated by the club, so why not spend it. Especially when the player is needed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

Hightown. The fee is the fee and good luck. Is he worth it? Time will tell.
                      My point was that like Liverpool we had to pay top price for Walker and Mendy. Again far too much but that was the price. BUT when we do it somehow its bad for football. When others do it… look how exciting it is.
                      Lukaku going to Utd for what will end up at £90m. The Utd press wet themselves. Pogba the same
                      etc etc. But when we do it AND with no debt, its bad. Before you know it the press will have you believe they paid nothing. And Martial £50m … nobody mentions that etc etc.
                      It just makes me so cross. No doubt there is an element of who the owners are in this but nobody would admit that either.
                      All one can say is we have a fantastic stadium and complex, a very good team, our womens team are top, record turnover, making a small profit and not a loss, a top manager AND NO DEBT. Yet the press still want to eulogize Morinho, Klopp, Dyche,,,,Pochetino.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Hightown hope

Adlab…my point is that the majority of the reports I have seen since we bought VVD have been dismissive of the fee we have paid, saying it’s far too much etc. I don’t think the press have been eulogising this deal at all. And I also think the days of Mourinho been eulogised by the press are thankfully long gone. They’ve at last seen him for what he is. Dyche is eulogised because he is English, and frankly has done a great job with his resources. But I also think that Pep is given an awful lot of credit, quite rightly I might add, for the job he is doing at City, so I would disagree with your assertion that the media are against City. I haven’t heard any criticism against City – everyone recognises what a fantastic team they are this season, including the media.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        goatistuta
                        Participant

Adlab maybe it’s the Manchester press because all I here is we are destroying football, inflating the market, yadda yadda yadda.

Buuuuuuut, never a mention of Pogba fee and the 40, yes 40 million on agent fees. Same with Lukaku, 90 million for that is extremely laughable, it’s a joke, especially when put side by side with Jesus fee!!! All I ever hear is bad press for city, when we bought Stones for 47million the media went into meltdown, looking for bad things to say, couldn’t wait for Stones to fail so they could have a pop. Must be killing them that he’s amazing this season. So pool pay 28 million more than stones and stones is 4 years younger but I’ve not heard anything anything bad about VVD. So Adlab I agree it bugs the crap out of me as well

This is an observation against the press not pool by the way.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

goat-£75m for Lukaku rising to £90m,but yes,extremely overpriced like every single other player on this planet-bar Messi.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            goatistuta
                            Participant

There’s boat loads of correctly priced good footballers around. Or potentially class young great players that need nurturing

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.