Home Community General Football Unfit Referees

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

Just watched John Moss stroll arround the centre circle at the Etihad. Clearly overweight and hardly broke into a jog let alone a run to even attempt to keep up with the game. How on earth can he be a referee in the Premier League. He was so far away from the play at times he was clearly guessing a couple of decisions.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

That’s the problem with this site, you post something that everyone can discuss and no one is interested. People would much rather argue over whether one person intentionally or unintentionally slighted someone else’s team.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Big Jim.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        srd79
        Participant

There, there, Jim, I’ll give it a go πŸ™‚

I didn’t see what you’re mentioning, as I’d rather not watch Manchester City if I can avoid it.

But I agree with you 100 %. If a ref is out of shape and unfit, then he can’t do the job he’s paid to do. That’s one thing. More importantly he is almost certain to influence the game in a negative way, because he’s likely to be miles away from the action or so much out of breath that he’ll lose focus. People pay shedloads of money to go to games, and it’s simply disrespectful to them to let things get influenced by an overweight ref who can’t keep up.

But I actually thought that refs had to pass physical tests to get games at that level? If not, surely that would be a good idea?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Ever notice when they review all the controversial decisions on Skysports Dermot Gallagher nearly always 19 out of 20 times will say the officials got that one right.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Rooney was the referee?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

I’m sure they do have fairly rigorous fitness tests on a regular basis. Maybe they’re just not rigorous enough. With the game being alot quicker now, what about the idea of a ref in each half?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

And Jim, you’ve got to give people a little time to reply to your posts. Don’t forget there aren’t that many of us who actually contribute, so if we don’t get on the site every few hours… Your original post was Sat evening during the Liverpool, so I was in despair at the time!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  srd79
                  Participant

A ref on each side of the field is a good idea, actually. Why couldn’t that work?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

VAR is the best remedy we always last to use technology and by the way some of us have to work for a living so posting is for when you have the time. I don’t post on TT any longer but I occasionally read the posts. I see the City forum has been closed down which is ridiculous as the top team in Britain.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Hightown hope

Jim…a few people have contributed to your thread. Let’s hear your thoughts!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Morning Hightown and all. Have to agree with what most have said in response. The problem is we seem to struggle to attract good referees into the game let alone fit ones. I don’t see why more ex players or players and women arnt given a go or are they trying and they are not getting a chance. Moss was clearly unfit last weekend. Would Love to know if the referee inspector or whatever they are called reported that. The other issue I have is that the PGMOL that regulates refs seems such a secretive organisation that is seemingly beyond any criticism.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

But who would want to be a ref? You see the shit they get in the players in the Prem, and I think it only gets worse the lower you get. On a hiding to nothing, players cheating left, right and centre, pundits in studios happy to criticize from the comfort of an armchair and hindsight helped by 42 TV monitors… I challenge ALL OF YOU to get off your Harris and give it a go rather than simply moaning from the cheap seats.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Hightown hope

They’re pretty well paid now, I believe. It is a thankless job though, you’re right Chucky. And with the game seeming to get quicker every year, the job gets harder. I can still see no reason why they shouldn’t have a ref in each half. Got to be better than the Harry Potters behind the goal line in European games, who literally do nothing, as far as I can see.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Kylie-££££££,babes, sticks and stones……..Why would the refs care about the verbal abuse if their pockets are full?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

With VAR the decision has to be made upstairs by the monitors thereby releiving the ref of all those controversial decisions. That alone will make their job a lovely dream. Its coming whether anyone likes it or not.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Hightown hope

Talking of unfit, has anyone seen the pictures knocking around of Lukaku when he was at Chelsea next to the pictures of him now? The size/weight increase is absolutely incredible. No-one can tell me that he is not overweight

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

Doesn’t look great does it Hightown?!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Hightown hope

That’s the one, Ed! And it wasn’t even Chelsea, was it? It was more recently at Everton – that makes it worse! How have United allowed him to get like that?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.