Home Community General Football Transfer Window Summary

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

So how do you think your team did this window?

spurs signed some good players. good mix between youth and experience. walker is tough to replace but i think aurier will be as good as we can get right now. sanchez will be a better option than dier in defence which also gives us a bit more depth. foyth i dont know about but read good things. llorente is an excellent signing. a ready made player that can change games and step up if needed to start. we cleared some deadwood out as well with n’jie, bentaleb, wimmer and fazio all on their way. problem is we didnt add any pace to the team which has been a big problem. maybe n’koudou will be given more chances. overall i’d give us 6.5/10. a pacy winger would’ve made a huge difference.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

From a Spud angle, it ended up a lot better than it looked 72 hrs ago, reckon we’ve won the “Deadline Day Mayhem” award this year. Very happy the Lloeoerrottootee, and would tend to agree about the pace side of things… but then again, as we’ve seen twice already at Wembly, pace is overrated when you’re playing against a 6-3-1 formation… unless running up the stairs for a hot-dog is a viable solution.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Decent window for Utd. Wasn’t expecting anything yesterday so wasn’t left disappointed. I think Lukaku is actually a more suitable striker for us than Zlatan. He’s much more mobile and will cause defences all sorts of problems. Zlatan coming back will be like a new signing too. Matic, whilst not extraordinary, will help our more creative, forward thinking, midfielders express themselves without the pressure of having to worry as much about going the other way. Lindelof looks decent but way too early to say with him really. All in all, I’d give us 7/10.

Get your votes in below for who had the best window!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I voted Goonies… just for a giggle! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

Success should be determined on how well the players bought fit into the system together with the quality of that player. As you say Ed, Mourinho has his Matic back – that was a huge huge signing for him and it now looks like the Mourinho service is starting to resume.

I think, whilst it may be disappointing that Liverpool couldn’t bring in a CB, Keita would have been a bigger signing because he would have a bigger impact on a Klopp team – being like an insurance policy like Kante, who would bail us out of all sorts of situations – important for a open side like Klopp’s. At least he’s in the bank for next summer. Liverpool’s dip in form last year coincided not so much with the loss of defensive players but attacking ones – when they lost ManΓ© & had an out of form Coutinho that’s when they struggled – as soon as Coutinho came back into form, they lost just 1 of the last 12 league games. They’ve strengthened those positions with Salah & the Ox. So all in all, not too bad a window.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

I agree @Mikus. Liverpool’s window wasn’t bad at all. I think it was a wise move to tie down Keita for next year rather than go for a less fancied option who could have made the move straight away. I said on another thread that I think Ox will be decent for your lot.

As you say, Liverpool are much better placed now to cover for any loss to the likes of Coutinho or Mane etc. I also think Solanke will prove to be a good buy. It will be interesting to see now if Ox kicks on in his development which seems to have stalled somewhat. The pace in that Liverpool team will frighten any backline they come up against.

Really looking forward to City vs Liverpool after the International break

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

So all in all,Arsenal for the title then!.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.