Home Community Liverpool Torres or Suarez

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

All votes to Suarez so far?! I was expecting some more for Torres. He was truly unplayable for a couple of seasons. Suarez just edges it for me too though

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Careworkerlfc
        Participant

Suarez for Me but not a lot between them in terms of what they gave for the club,Suarez had just a bit more guile about Him but Torres on His day could be just as unplayable.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Yeah agree with that. I just expected one or two might have gone for Torres. I guess Suarez left under better circumstances with the Liverpool faithful as well which probably helps his case!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Careworkerlfc
            Participant

Ye Ed,I think the same that Suarez left amicably as compared to the way Nando left us.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              CrustyHoop
              Participant

Not even a debate, I would have Suarez over any player in the world.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nutts
                Participant

Torres scored some beautiful goals and was fantastic in full flow, but Suarez could make goals from nothing and he NEVER gave up.

If you looked up the word “Winner” in the dictionary, it would say, “See Suarez or Gerrard”.

Suarez is my choice, but boy, would I have loved to have seen Torres, Gerrard and Suarez as a front 3.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Hightown hope

Nutts – perfect summation of why it would always Luis over Nando. Though Nando did score what I consider the best goal I’ve ever seen live. Anfield Rd end against Blackburn…just a stunner! Though Luis’ couple against Norwich were pretty good as well

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Orbane
                    Participant

Suarez all the way. To me, nothing compares to him. Not even Messi can hold up a candle to him, let alone Torres.

He was and still is the most technically gifted player to have ever graced a Liverpool shirt.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nutts
                      Participant

Orbane – completely agree!

Hightown – even now, I’d have Suarez back in any role he wanted!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Hightown hope

Me too!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

2 wonderful players but Suarez just edges for me – some of the reasons highlighted already by people here – e.g being able to make his own goals out of nothing – one against Norwich at Carrow Road springs to my mind when Kenny was in charge of us – mind you, he’s had a fair few goals at Carrow Road; take your pick lol 😀

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            mwake
                            Participant

Saurez is a weird one for me. I am of Ghanaian descent and the very first time I even heard of Saurez I was supporting Ghana at the World Cup in 2010 when he did this:

So when I heard we were signing him I was gobsmacked, I really didn’t want him, I even felt a weird sense of betrayal by Liverpool lol. I saw him as a crook.

But by the time he had done this, I had forgiven him and his cheating antics against Ghanaa were forgotten about 🙂

Of course, the drama didn’t stop there as we all know… but even with the Evra-gate stuff I still regard Suarez as the best player we have had since John Barnes. I loved his work rate and passion, we haven’t replaced him, to be honest. We need more people in our team with similar levels of skill and bastardtry 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              whoisbeni
                              Participant

Suarez all day long
                                Winner
                                High energy
                                Committed

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                dan-mako
                                Participant

Suarez for me!

Loved watching Torres when he was at his peak but even when Suarez was thinking of leaving he was chasing, harassing, and turning games on their head.

Sometimes I get all wistful thinking how perfect he would have been with Klopp in the current system…..

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by dan-mako.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.