Home Community Non-Football Today's Finals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Cricket currently on from Lords, England V New Zealand and at 2 BST, The Men’s Single’s Final between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic – definitely looking forward to that a little bit later.

Never a fan of Federer, but have to say of late, he looks unstoppable considering he’s maturing too – should be a Cracker.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

England in the Cricket World Cup Final all the way for me. Going to have to record the Grand Prix.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

England could do with getting the Wicket of Nicholl’s.

He’s just hit 50.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Very tight affair – literally had to be settled on a tie-breaker. Novak finally nailing the first set.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

YEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*****ENGLAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS***** I C C 2019

Last special OVER! Would you believe it?!

What about the ball coming off Stokes’ Bat when the NZ fielder threw the ball in a bid to try and get him run out? Incredible and truly extraordinary.

Elsewhere, right to the wire, right to Tie Break, what a truly pulsating Final:

*****N O V A K – D J O K O V I C*****

WIMBLEDON 2019

What a Year of Sport so far it has been 😀

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

I don’t watch much tennis any more but i caught almost all of todays match and wow,. it was just incredible. federer still has it and he was every bit as good as Djokovic, it was just the tiniest margin that got him over the line instead.

Are they the 2 greatest players of all time?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

The game has changed. Doesn’t this resemble a bit to Liverpool losing by 1 point and the fine margin?

Poor show in Novak winning and the entire almost went quiet.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

“Poor show in Novak winning”

I understand that Federer is a lot more popular but man, how can you say poor show just cause someone else won?

The only link between this final and the title race last season was that both gave it their best and were more than worthy of praise for their efforts. I never believed in this thing of “if you’re not first, you’re last”. That doesn’t tell half the story and if this is how we see things then what’s the point in even trying in the first place, if only one thing matters and the rest is meaningless… then by association, it’s mostly meaningless and unworthy of the value that we apparently give, it.

Now, maybe you’ve typed that sentence a little incorrectly and you’re saying a poor show from the fans in the stadium? Out of the big 3, Djokovic is the least liked (by far) by the Wimbledon crowd. He’s always had to kinda fight against the crowd but doesn’t seem to take it personally. As I said, i don’t really follow tennis much but when I have done, I’ve always supported Djokovic. I was going for him today but I have to say, I gained a lot of respect for Federer, who was immense. I guess this is where a link between the City and Liverpool title chase can be drawn because I felt that neither man deserved to lose.

anyway, sleep well man 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Blaze
                    Blocked

What a game of cricket and tennis probably the most exciting ever in their respective sport. Had to be quick on that alt button to watch both at the same time. Pity there has to be losers for both games. But what a lift from both games.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

We still celebrating the pommies “win”? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Yep!

Got to plan the Victory Parade yet just got to get stuffing the Aussies in the Ashes out of the way first.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Let’s hope the umpires are a little more “on-the-ball”, eh? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Mak,

yes mate, that was what I was making reference too. Federer’s a crowd favourite, but I was surprised Novak wasn’t as well-received after his triumph during the climax.

It literally went down to the wire and it took an uncharacteristic and an unforced era from Federer for the contest to finally be settled.

Cricket and Tennis yesterday went right down to the wire. I don’t think in context, this will happen again or likely to happen again, but you never know, as with Liverpool and Man City.

These examples reflect on great quality and gripping value of entertainment.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

The best team in the Competition won Chucky and are World Champions.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

…roll on the Ashes eh!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.