Home Community General Football The Rise of Manchester City Group

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/15/manchester-city-football-group-ferran-soriano

An interesting read and potentially very worrisome from a competitive stand-point for the rest of us.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

Told you all they were thinking of buying Hazard and Kane,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

They can think all they want, I still think I’m going to marry Belinda…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

You can marry Nil or Big Jim…..

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

City have not only bought in an incredibly smart Manager to manage what was already a very strong squad of players but some smart business brains too and the keys to success in football now is having significant funds to continue investing in what was an already quality laden squad without impacting on the FFP rules and City seemingly have found a way to do that.

Commercial success nowdays is arguably just as important to a club as playing success certainly in the medium to long term which is why the top clubs are investing so much time and investment into trying to achieve it.

Gone are the days of the biggest attendances in home Stadiums driving a club’s revenues forwards to the levels that they need to be going forwards to compete with both the Manchester club’s.

I’m not sure how long FiFA will allow multiple club ownerships as it could all get out of hand should the other commercialy aware club’s follow a similar strategy which ultimately they will if it is so successful.

Good luck to City though with what they’re currently doing which is all within the rules.

Catching City going forwards with their current squad , their financial resources driven out of their commercial acumen and the Manager they have is going to be very difficult for all even a commercially aware United under such a demanding Manager as Mourinho.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Goldie… the problem with Maureen though is simply he doesn’t give a rats Arsenal about the club, regardless of what club he’s at, and the only thing he’s ever demanding is either more money for transfers or more money for Maureen. He doesn’t care about YooUtd as such, it’s all a means to an end for him. I wonder what the odds are on Maureen being there this time next year.

Goose… been there, done that, and got the t-shirt… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

banjo, who knows mate but Mourinho plus United’s resources which are as great possibly even greater that City’s with another significant transfer spend in the Summer could well be City’s major challenger next Summer and Mourinho has won the title at every club he’s ever managed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

Hey Banjo. I don’t think you have been there, done that and got the T-shirt. I am sure I would have noticed ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Sadly, and I say this with cheerfulness but always with honesty in not holding back: This isn’t a true life Forum representation; just isn’t.

The thinking is swayed so easily on the Here and Now. People just jump on the Bandwagon.

I would tomorrow gladly be somebody’s Penpal as they genuinely existed before the existence and ‘enterprise’ of the Internet, globally, naturally.

Why is this purely and simply pandering to Manchester City? So they’ve come into money. Fundamental they, Chelsea and any other club away from Liverpool. It’s a killer blow we haven’t won the League Championship since 1990. All this Match Of The Day now, just seems contrived. It’s not what I enjoyed back in 1994.

You think this is life? This isn’t. Just simply robotic and a world of scrutiny rather than being in nature.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

It’s just so narrow minded, conditioned and contrived, in essence, fundamentally.

We don’t have any representation day to day to LIFT Liverpool Football Club.

If this is just about Chelsea, Manchester City and Pep Guardiola, then this truly is mistaken for me in what this site is in offering, because quite frankly, I’ve heard nothing but about Manchester City.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Nil-The reason we are all only talking about City is because we are talking about this season only mate.Next season could be something completely different,who knows!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Maverick, or more than likely we will be talking about Man City again!?

City aren’t going to get weaker given their resources and everyone bar perhaps United will struggle to match their spending power.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

There is nothing new in this Nine, it is just a matter of scale, always has been. At this moment City are doing well, they are well managed club, debt free and planning for the future. There is nothing to stop any other club from finding a benifactor. Dont forget we also have a tendency to compare clubs at the top but the clubs in lower divisions the same logic applies, they see all Premier clubs more rich, take a club like Bury or a >fallen: giant all had opportunities. The subject is wide ranging and you cannot single out a club like City, our wonderful status at the moment has no guarantees but City fans will enjoy the moment and hope it will continue at least another decade, that is not saying we will win everything as well. Enjoy the game of football and let others worry about the finances

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Blaze
                                Participant

Im a Chelsea supporter but I have to say really look forward to watching City’s games as well-they have appeared to make all the right choices re manager, players, infrastructure and a great atmosphere to boot.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Brian, just for the record mate I have absolutely no problems with City or where they got they’re money from and tbh it would be completely hypocritical for me or any Chelsea fan to have a problem with it.

Both City and Chelsea got lucky with their owners but now have to paddle their own canoes City have gone in a certain direction Chelsea in another Chelsea won the PL title last season City will win the PL title this season.

If it all ended for Chelsea tomorrow I would still be a happy man I’ve seen more success for my club than I ever dreamed possible I never dreamt Chelsea would win one League title let alone 5 of them and I never dared dream of Chelsea winning the Champions League yet I’ve see that too.

Both club’s have come from similar positions which is why I probably have an empathy towards City, that and the football you play and a little genius called David Silva.

My post above summarises how I see it Brian. City have hit a new level have a great squad , a great Manager and significant resources and imo that will make it very difficult over the next few years for everyone to keep up but good luck to you and all the City fans you’ve suffered more than most of any of the top clubs and there’s not an ounce of envy in me.

Of course all of the above doesn’t mean I don’t hope Chelsea will pip City to the odd PL title along the way as tough as that might be.? Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

999-Maybe mate who knows,but Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs,and Arsenal if they were to get rid of AW,could be going on to win the title!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Maverick, Arsenal are in a mess mate Sanchez and Ozil will be gone in the Summer plus a number of others.

Wenger will be going into his final season again with half the Arsenal match day fans wanting him gone already.

On their day Arsenal are capable of beating anyone but they are a long way from a title challenging team imo they should have bitten the bullet in the Summer and Wenger should have gone then.

I feel for Wenger but he’s stayed too long now and is tarnishing his earlier achievements.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

999-I agree mate completely,AW should have gone years ago,his time is simply been and gone.He is ruining Arsenal!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Mav, hello mate, just seen your reply re 9:24. Just winding down from work mate. I second my thoughts, though a lot more chilled out. It’s frustrating when it’s just one team talked about and no so much the one you would like it to be aside your own.

I do hope you are right.

If I’m brutally honest, it’s not City I have a problem with, but clouding a lot of my judgement from my dislike of Pep – don’t like the man, but truly was a pet to Manual Pellegrini as he was a true Gentleman and he was just ace back in 2014.

Just wish there would be 2/3/4 teams on par with one of them being my own – feels pretty disheartening being held back from our previous 2 results and going deeper, being held back for 27 years as I for one desperately want the League Title, but it is what it is and just have to get on with it hoping for the better.

Cheers mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.