Home Community Liverpool The High Line

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Discuss Sensibly haha 🙂

Goals have been conceded in at least 2 of our 3 opening matches, not sure if Fulham was involved, but definitely happened with Palace and Man United.

Van Dijk needs a sync centre half of equal standard in my eyes and without Matip and/or Konate, this implementation cannot be executed and relied upon.

And yes I know it’s worked remarkably well given we only lost 4 matches out of 4 comps, so something must have gone right!

I am alluding to a ‘Plan B’ going forward which I feel our dearly beloved Boss is somewhat in denial.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Every team needs a Plan B Nil. Style of play comes and go and teams figure it out.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

I think you are right. I have noticed a slight change in style for us this season with Haaland there and the fullbacks moving much more inside providing more bulk in attacking midfield.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Tactics…all above my head really….just kick the ball around and have fun!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

I admittedly do find it hard to extract tactics and positional play changes from other teams, but I do have more of a clear observation with Man City.

Distinctively more measured in pass selection/choice in contrast to Liverpool. I don’t really see the emphasis on full backs as Rodri and De Bryne are essentially the architects in making things happen on the pitch.

Unfortunately, I see or no longer see that in Henderson and Milner; both occupying those key vital positions. With Firmino also Lukewarm beneath in his own ability and no Mane, Salah can be marked, and all systems go in hitting a brick-wall quite frankly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Nil, what City do have is fluency Rodri, KDB, Gungdogan, Bernado are the ones that give the team that, the others just have to respond. When it works, its magic but it does sometimes misfire

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

There’s less area to occupy and this helps in bringing bodies quickly and pressing high, but evidently seen with Aston Villa on Saturday, the high line I’m afraid is suicidal and a hinderance than of a sustainable value to contribute 90 minutes.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.