Home Community General Football Summer Transfer Window 2024…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

So, young Timo stays for another year on loan… not too upset with that one (do think we can do better!), but more “attackers” are on the radar so not going to worry about it too much.

As for outs, about 15 players might be leaving, but some of them we’ve been tried to get rid for years so I’ll believe when I see their bags packed…

As for incomings, looking forward to seeing this young Swedish lad come, he’s getting really hyped up so obviously is going to fall flat on his face.. πŸ™‚ … another CM is on the cards too, not sure about CB’s, a bit of cover for Porro and Destiny would be nice…

What about you lot?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

We seem to be linked heavily to sesko a forward I’d be excited about

No idea for the rest a cm and left back for sure also I’d say

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        steveosnakeeye
        Participant

We seem to be linked heavily to sesko a forward I’d be excited about

No idea for the rest a cm and left back for sure also I’d say

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

A complete clear out of the senior players,no more galactio, past their best mercenaries.Young,up and coming players.i.e.Todibo,Olise,Braithwaite,Sesko, and give youth a chance.Ideally that DM from Atalanta, the Brazilian lad.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Apparently the entire Everton squad is been made available for transfers..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

I really like Sesko Steve. We were linked to him for a long time. I think he could be a real difference maker for Arsenal, unfortunately.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Bizarre goes in the transfer market. Chelsea still signing playets and villa, everton and chelsea all buying off each other?

I just don’t understand why chelsea are still buying all these young players?dewsbury hall not a bad player but a top pl player? Interesting.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Alfie_1
                  Participant

It’s to cheat the PSR rules, Sean.

If they value their LB at Β£10m they can do a deal for Β£20m (or in this case Β£34m) and buy a zero valued player off of the buying club for Β£10m therefore the total cost is still Β£10m but both clubs can report huge profits for PSR calculations. That’s why those teams are all transferring unheard of players to the other clubs at highly inflated prices.

Pure profit on homegrown players all accrued in the one year in PSR calculations. PL will probably try and clampdown on it but I assume they made the mistake of expecting clubs to act with dignity.

Apparently the PL have written to clubs saying they can revalue players fees if they feel they have been inflated to bypass these rules. That will be interesting considering what City are currently doing via the courts, as in there could be another lengthy court battle should the PL decide a youth player no one has heard of who has never played for Villa not being worth Β£19m to Chelsea.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Ye i get you alfie, another young villa player gone to chelsea yeatetday

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Its bloody ridiculous now. Anderson 35m? Mad money for someone who hardly plays and is constantly injured

33m for minteh ? Who is he? Whats going on

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Rover
                        Participant

πŸš¨πŸ‡§πŸ‡· Roberto Firmino has become a pastor in Brazil with his wife in the church they founded together. ✝️

Via [@TheAnfieldBuzz]

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Rover
                          Participant

πŸš¨πŸ‡§πŸ‡· Roberto Firmino has become a pastor in Brazil with his wife in the church they founded together. ✝️

Via [@TheAnfieldBuzz]

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Waspy-The only thing that makes sense is-money laundering!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Alfie_1
                              Participant

Don’t know much about Zirkzee but Yoro looks a very good signing. Good to get some players in early. Need a midfielder and then can start to fill the gaps in squad depth.

Need to move a few on now too, looks like we may need to sell before we can buy though.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Ye i have never seen zizkree or yoro play alfie but yoro is really highly rated. Supposed to be the best young defendet around and huge price tag for someone so young but could be a real coup for utd. You still need another cb in my opinion as he is only 18 and cant be a straight into the pl

Ugarte beside mainoo would excite most utd fans and i think utd will get him once they sell

Would you sell mctwoniey? Strange one as scores goals but of you can get an upgrade for him then id get rid.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Very quiet window. Dont think ive ever seen it so quiet.

50m villa paying for onana i dont get. What does he actually do? Runs around a lot?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Alfie_1
                                    Participant

I would sell McT tomorrow Sean. He does score a few (or at least he has done for one season), but goes missing far too often and can’t hold a position. It could well be one out one in for us now so McT for Ugarte would be great for us.

I saw a bit of Onana in the Euros and I thought he did really well, much better on the ball then I initially thought.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

To be honest alfie I’ve only seen him for everton and he ran around a lot.

Also really doesnt matter who utd sign if eth sets them up like last year.

I think issue was more ten hag then mctwobiey not holding his position. Midfield far to open. Huge gaps so be interesting to see if he changes his tactics

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Alfie_1
                                        Participant

I don’t think he will change his tactics, but I think he can (will) play a higher back line now due to having players fit and new signings.

Martinez back is huge for us. Yoro will probably start, and if we get another CB then he will rotate, but that will mean Maguire is benched and will be second backup is we sign another CB. We will then have more pace which will mean a higher line and less space in between.

Add in Ugarte, should he sign, and there will be more pace on the holding role too.

Some of our issues were lack of press, which is laziness in the players out wide, especially Rashford. Hopefully that will be addressed one way or the other as well. Might even see Mount in the right, who can cross far better than anyone else who played there last season.

Plenty of stuff to solve, but hopefully a couple more players in will go a long way. Best case scenario will see lots of fringe players out and a better squad brought in as a result. Worst case scenario is that players sit on big contracts until they run out. Like martial.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Ye fair points alfie, the gap needs to close and a higher line helps.

I really think utd will push on now. Football is a really funny old gane. Eth was gone before he won the final. Coventry were a toenail away from winning and he was defo gone. He was blessed and now has another chance . I really believe in tye footbsll gods and i think the stars are amigned tyat eth will take his chance now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.