Home Community General Football Sky are being irresponsible!

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Manchester United v Chelsea is a match between the two club’s and not a potential fist fight between both Managers and re running all of the insults and counter insults as an advertisment for the game is just fanning flames that shouldn’t be fanned imo.

Let’s hope for a great game without off field incidents and controversy and that we’re only talking about the football at the end of it.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

That is what the media do nine, no news so invent or re invent it. They have not a clue about unbiased and preagmatic reporting. Pundits who think they know all about the game, in my opinion there are a lot of fans that make more sense than they do….but they get paid to do it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

Brian – yeah, look at the brains trust around here – us lot would sort out this game of ours in no time!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

I don’t think Sky are being irresponsible, they’re maximising the hype surrounding the fixture, they need to keep the viewing figures up, to keep the advertising revenue coming in, so they can continue to pay the premier league…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

The Ghost of Nil:

“Nine, spot on mate. Sky are deviating deliberately the ‘narrative that puts the spotlight on solely Jose and Antonio. Whether or not something would naturally be parked as an underlying thought, the natural priority is about the stakes of qualification for CL and aspiring to finish 2nd.

It should be about the game, but it just goes to show how the decorum of Sky is peeling away year after year to what it first was circa very late 80s and early 90s. Cheers.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Haha that’s nil alright.?

Joey Barton could only dream of coming up with phrases like that!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Pagan,,,thats the word Β “HYPE”, to me a non functional addittion,we can do without. As for Revenue, well I do not mind any company makeing a profit but it stops with me when they collect there Revenue from Betting Companies and the like, punters pay at both ends and the middle to.

The end result we pay, apart from a small minority ,never win. YES, I am a risk averse person when it comes to gambling. What I have I have earned, so I pay for my season ticket and live within my own budget.

At some point they will get fed up with football and move on and pour money into something else, clubs will have to manage then

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

What a great shame to read and actually learn that people in business think this way to use two Prem professionals seemingly in the way they have been doing so far.

Would Sky really need to be doing this for the ‘need of keeping up their viewing figures?

My answer morally would be a firm no. Emphasis should be placed on integrity. Maybe some folk out there just aren’t bothered anymore about morals.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Brian, on the subject of Betting, football is becoming harder to predict than it was 10 years ago, certainly from my own experience. I’m not that much into, in fact, I’ve never touched a roulette in my life, know nothing on Horses or Dogs and at most in one run probably lostΒ  Β£50 tops.

I came close Tuesday night to winning Β£44 from a Β£1.30 bet on the ‘Both Teams To Score’ market.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

NB, but in boxing it’s expected, hype puts bums on seats……Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        paul powers tash
                        Participant

NB.It’s the way that parasite Murdoch’s companies work.Even if he’s not
                          pulling the strings nowadays? (Or is he?).Gutter press.Big people up.Then
                          knock them down.

On a different tack.This made me laugh.I didn’t think “ol owlface”
                          had it in him ? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Pagan, exactly. That would shoe-horn into Boxing perfectly and the context of it all completely appropriate. In football however, it should just be about the game.

I’m all for the showing of mind games in the spirit it’s delivered without any real malice (ala the example of Keegan and Ferguson) but with Jose and Antonio, there seems to be more to this and perhaps if anything, to progress this further in the way the ‘pot stirrers’ would like it would in my view be entering dangerous territory.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

PPT, haha, seen that the other day. That is actually quite a fresh video. He speaks up for EVERY PL Manager when he loses it and really chews into them πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

NB, we’re on here talking about it, so it’s done it’s job…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                paul powers tash
                                Participant

NB.I much rather see managers being themselves afterwards.Sadly the coffers
                                  at FA HQ would get sizeably larger πŸ™

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Conte is 10xΒ  the man Jose is imho! Jose should just pack his belongings and pee-off to Malmo or Reykjavik,or Siberia and manage Murmansk FC! Take Banjo with him while @ it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Jose will have a plan for hazard. Can’t see Chelsea winning

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

these games often are very dull due to negative tactics and fear of defeat and sky know this so they need to create a way to ensure people tune in and pay interest. its just marketing and they’re doing a good job of it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Sean, Was at the bridge for the home game… Jose usually tries to kick lumps out of our best players, It served City well for a number of seasons when they simply bullied us.

However, Morata and Hazards movement in that game tore United a new one despite the 1-0 score. De Tea was on top form too that day and it was the day fans at the bridge understood how bad Morata is at finishing one on ones.

Seeming as Jose appears to be in a desperate attempt to remove himself from his position / enters a death spiral at united with Pogba, I reckon CFC will get a result, or at least I hope we do.

But I’ll pick up on Paxton’s wise words, over marketed and will probably be a dire bucket of dross served up to fans. Jose simply doesn’t do expansive, Conte has found out that he can get away with delivering CFC fans Italian bullshit defensive football without criticism…. I fully expect negative scores in this game. Can you get minus anti goals? predicting -1V-1 tbh..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

442, should be an interesting game tactically previously Mourinho has man marked Hazard but right now Willian is playing out of his skin and Chelsea’s best offensive player and Herrera is injured and it would be difficult to try and man mark the both of them.

Given the level of criticism thrown at the team and Mourinho after the Sevilla game might lead to a more offensive game.

Hopefully Conte rests Pedro and plays either Morata or Giroud. If Chelsea apply the same desire and commitment as they did v Barca I would be disappointed if we didn’t leave OT with something however if the Chelsea team v Bournemouth and Watford turn up we leave OT with our tails between our legs.

Here’s hoping it’s the Barca Chelsea on Sunday and not the Bournemouth/Watford Chelsea . Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.