Home Community General Football Should England boycott the world cup?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

After the recent nerve agent attack on our soil, should England boycott the world cup? I am in 2 minds over it.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Personally I don’t think the FA will boycott the WC unilaterally and I don’t think we should at this stage. But I can see things escalating politically very quickly to the point where fans are advised not to go for a safety point of view as they could easily become targets to Russian hooligans and also there might not be any British consular presence. It might also get to the point where the politicians intervene and advise the FA to withdraw. Russia’s political system is so bloody backward and dominated by one man’s thuggish ego frankly it is ridiculous.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

What if they go on to win the whole bloody thing?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Personally I don’t think it’s a decision the FA should be taking it has to be a Government decision. It would be disappointing not to be there but I would support that decision given the events that will have lead up to it but I accept there will be many different views on this.

I truly fear for the England’s fans going out there if we don’t pull out because all of this could make the Russian hooligan problem much much worse.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

The only way to retaliate to Putin’s personal world murder campaign would be to make him lose face in the eyes of the world.
              I would ban Russia from every sporting event at every level, strip any record holders of their titles & world records and purge Russian sporting achievements from the history books.
              I would look to lobby other countries to boycott “Putin’s ” World Cup as we know he bought it, if that could happen Russia would lose billions. I would ask all TV companies to boycott the World Cup by refusing to televise a single game leaving Russian TV to show to Russians a World Cup with about 4 countries in it.I’m sure the World could be moved to another country at short notice ,how about the UK that would piss him right off.
              I would expel them from the UN & freeze all accounts with a link to Russia. The UN countries could stop all trade to Russia as well as imposing the toughest sanctions on them.
              We can’t win a war with Russia but we can isolate them as a nation.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Good idea Bricklayer. Trouble is I think he might then turn off the gas to western Europe and possible start a war!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

You’re probably right Jim , but what a way to go eh !!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

The expulsion of 23 so called Russian Diplomats by the UK which will no doubt see Russia respond and the accusation by the PM of Russia bring responsible for State sponsored murder is only going to increase tension between our two countries and who knows where it might end.

Certainly if England football fans going to Russia was previously considered dangerous it’s got a lot more dangerous now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

9 , I’ve done some daft things in the 70’s/80’s as a football “supporter” but there is no way on this earth would I go to Russia, there will be deaths.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

They say you shouldn’t mix football with Politics, or it’s just a sport and it’s not your life, but how can you totally separate when it dilutes with you through everyday wear and tear and there’s a whole sense of euphoria when a tournament like the World Cup is to be staged in the Summer?

I must be thick to still be clueless in grasping what it all is about with Russia. We should be concentrating on Brexit, but now we are embroiled in this.

I hope the tournament CAN go ahead, but my main concern is the safety of humans, whoever they support. There is no place for hooliganism.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

TBA, sadly I think you’re right mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-army-reduced-to-one-single-tank-regiment-9644238.html

TBA A mate of mine who works for BAE Systems says only about half of these are working! Not looking good! ??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Jim, I wouldn’t consider rolling our three tanks into Russia , we would probably lose the worlds quickest war.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Bricky-If the world did all that mate,it might just force that lunatic Putin to press the buttons.But yes,the government should ask fans not to go,there will be blood!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Short answer…..no

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  cm
                                  Participant

Agree about fans safety and that should be a big concern, I also believe that the players put in hard work in order to qualify and the national team should not suffer because of a moron.

It is a bit of a tricky one.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.