Home Community General Football Ryan Mason

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Following his shocking head injury back in January 2017 he has retired. I remember him coming through the ranks at spurs and was thrilled to see him get his chance with the first team. Unfortunately it didnt quite work out for him but he was a very talented player and its so sad that his career has been cut so short.

Ryan Mason Statement

Wishing him the best of luck for the future.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

It must be heartbreaking for the young man with a future in front of him just watch. However, if there is a bright side I hope he is well and pursue a carea of choice well

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

Can’t remember what happened to him. Was it a football injury?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

hightown it was a clash of heads with cahill.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chelsea.man
            Participant

And i hope you are not blaming Cahill for that clash. i had to feel gutted for the young man ending his career so early. anyway it was entirely accidental. but more need to be done if we need to eradicate these kid of incidents from the game. dangerous clash of heads could cost lives. its up to the FA and the football managers to educate players for going that kind of ball at the same time. although i would say its difficult.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

c.man – as much as i love to blame chelsea for absolutely everything, i can confidently say this was completely accidental and a horrific accident. its a difficult situation. both were completely entitled to go for the ball and in a competitive sport there will be collisions. no one was at fault, mason just got there a split second before cahill. if players stop going in for challenges you take away the competitive side but also desire which as fans we love to see. it would be the end of heading the ball and before you know you wont be able to kick the ball over head height.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

C-man… bit of a silly post cyber chum, nobody was blaming anybody and as Paxo says, a complete accident.

But, unfortunately, not one that is easily preventable either.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Happy to read young Ryan has been visiting the Spuds and seemingly chatting about some form of coaching role.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Very sad for Ryan Mason I can only wish him the very best going forwards and hopefully football might find a place for him somewhere to allow him to stay in the game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

β€œWe are very sad because it’s bad news. He showed great strength to recover and play again,”

“It’s a pity to stop your career at such a young age. It’s very sad. The players in the club are wishing him and his family the best.The best for the present the best for the future.” Antonio Conte. 15/02/2018.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.