Home Community General Football Quality of the PL today

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

First, I noticed ChelseaMan is referred to as cm at times and just to save a bit of confusion, I have decided to change my name, lol. If Editor prefers for me to use my old name, I will revert back to it.

Anyway, I have had a few discussions at work in regards to the quality of the PL in comparison to what it use to be. Has it diminished or are we walking in to a new era of football where players 10 years ago would not have adapted to Klopps or Peps approach.

For example looking at the Liverpool side that challenged for the league almost a decade ago? They had Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Hyppia, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard and Torres. That was a fine side, who should have accomplished more, but they were up against a United side that had Van Der Sar, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Hargreaves, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Ronaldo, Tevez, Ronaldo and a Chelsea side that had Cech, Cole, Carvalho, Terry, Essien, Lampard, Drogba and a Arsenal side that had Gallas, Clichy, Toure, Nasri, Gilberto Silva, Fabregas, Hleb and Van Persie.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.