Home Community General Football Qatar World Cup: An Interesting Read

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Discovered the below article while on an Interweb surfing trip:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/middle-east-football-crisis-qatar-world-cup-saudi-arabia-uae-blockade-al-jazeera-football-united-a7996276.html

Put’s somewhat of an interesting light on the whole “Qatar” Blockade going, no idea how much of it is true, but when considering my own personal experience with dealing with people on that region (basically the whole region is one long pissing contest), I can well believe the merits behind the article.

At the risk of starting a debate that doesn’t involve Harry packing his socks 🙂 , what does everybody else think about this? I have a sneaky feeling in my Finnish Fire Water those Pommies might be getting a World Cup (with America 2nd and Australia 3rd choice!).

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

I just can’t see FIFA losing face and taking the WC away from Qatar. I suspect the Qataris know far too much.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

You’re probably right, but there’s no sign of this blockade ending soon. I know it’s a few years, but the Qataries weren’t exactly ahead of the “building” plan to start with. Could get very interesting in a year or two, especially if the big leagues start banging on about the winter schedule.

Typical FIFA move would probably be give it Russia again, as everything “is new and in place”! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

AS we all know the whole thing is corrupt, getting shut of Blatter only scratches the surface and little ot nothing the feeble FA can do about it.
            If we had the moral decency we would eliminate ourselves now

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.