Home Community General Football Poch & Klopp vs the FA Cup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Both these managers have received a lot of praise the last 2/3 years based on the progress their respective teams have made in the league and style of football. However, the performances of both teams in the fa cup since both managers have been in charge have been exceptionally poor. I know they both put out strong teams today but the performances were poor. Poch has openly said he doesn’t care about the domestic cups and Klopp usually puts out weakened teams. If the managers don’t care about the cups, and are open about it surely it makes it difficult for the players to motivate themselves for these games. Spurs performances so far against AFC Wimbledon and newport have been abject at best. So are the managers to blame for the poor performances and early exits from the cup (I know spurs aren’t out but inevitably they will be soon)?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

we had our best team out. Kloop was tactically outwitted by pardew yet again

West Brom deserves their win. We were terrible

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chelsea.man
        Participant

I think both Liverpool,Spurs and even Chelsea to some extent haven’t got a bigger squad to balance league and cup. And most teams would prioratize the league and top4 over FA cup glory. Gone are the days when teams were praised for the trophies they have won. Top 4 is more important, or at least that is what the Media hype. I can’t fualt both managers as their resources don’t allow them. Wenger hasn’t won a trophy between 2005-2014. That is 9 years. Yet qualified for the Champions league. And never had any trouble. Its only when he missed that he had a problem with the media and fans. Similarly that is what Klopp and Pochettino see. If the media hype the FA cup. You will see many managers going for it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

It’s a sound point.

Does this mount to at the end of the day priorities?

The point of depth of a squad imposed by force priorities?

Chelsea man:

you have I believe better top quality individuals that we can sort of only dream of. I think Nine made a point of Morata being like Torres, and how I would gun for a player like him.

If we are entering into a discussion of depth, then I believe the Blueprint is Man City. Liverpool simply don’t have top quality like İlkay Gündoğan. He really is International Class. As with Bernado Silva; Top Top draw.

In summary, we have to look at the bigger picture. The bare minimum for Liverpool and supposedly Spurs too is Champions League football. Both clubs too in which the way they are managed financially will not shell out stupid weekly wages. As much as the upside though to that principle in itself, the what I would label as Quicksand means that sooner rather than later, your best players will disappear.

Seems to me that’s been an uphill battle for Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool collectively.

Look at Manchester City for example: 7 or 8 years service for Sergio Augero and he is still the Mercedes or the BMW, showroom material. David Silva likewise.

There is a vivid pattern here for all to see as a logical explanation.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Meanwhile Pep and the Boys In Blue are still ON to win EVERY competition!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.