Home Community General Football Poch confirmed as new Chelsea manager

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Luckydestiny
    Participant

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12880362/mauricio-pochettino-chelsea-agree-deal-to-appoint-ex-tottenham-boss-as-their-next-head-coach

Well at least it’s sorted.

Sooner this season ends the better and even though Poch doesn’t inspire me with confidence it surely can only get better from where we are now.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

Assuming it won’t be a 5 year contract this time? 🙂

Can understand the logic of it, Chelsea have bought a lot of young players and you want someone now to develop them. He also has experience of the league at a top 6 club. So you’d obviously expect an improvement. As for Poch himself, I think his strength is coaching a well drilled philosophy that will bring a much needed identity back to the team. At the same time, I always thought his limiting factor, watching him at Spurs, was that the team became too ordered and it lacked some creativity. (He did play as a central defender in his playing days). So probably a bridge the gap manager for me.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Mikus LFC.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Lucky, will there be a sequel to your ‘Legacy of Poch – what’s the big deal’?

Just teasing mate 🙂

Well one thing’s for sure, this nightmare of a season for Chelsea will end and you can hit the RESET BUTTON with a New man at the helm.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Luckydestiny
          Participant

Nil, hopefully he can change my mind 😆

Mikus, I agree mate, get us back in top 4 and looking like a team close to challenging, and then if he can’t make that final step, like he couldn’t at spurs, we make another change.

He will have a full pre season and plenty of time on training field next season each week without European competition. Clear minimum target of top 4 in first season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chelsea1967
            Participant

Finally!! It will be interesting to see who Poch wants to keep with probably a dozen players needing to be sold off and then incoming players Poch’s choice and not that of the owners. I’d say for sure Poch has made stipulations about how involved the owners get in squad related matters. Ideally bugger all but determining the wages and writing out the cheques 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Probably a wise choice considering Chelsea’s current status as a club. Not too dissimilar to when he took over Spurs who were, at the time, another fallen giant who were badly struggling. I don’t particularly fear Chelsea initially under Poch but he could get them back to a point where an elite manager could then come in and do the rest, as others have alluded to.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.