Home Community General Football PL Week 3 Thread

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Still sulking about Sunday….

Anyway, two big games this Sunday, Jammy Dodgers vs Everton and Pool vs the Goonies… and for some reason I have a feeling in my water the Castle vs Spammers is going to be a cracker too, don’t ask me why!

Can Harry break his August voodoo? Can Spuds break the bloody Wembly voodoo?

Really not liking this season so far! ?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

It’s early doors and I do hope fortunes will change re Wembley for Spurs, however, I remain sceptic in this move as far as hosting PL games go.

Big games lie ahead as far as Liverpool go, and just taking it one game at a time, not getting carried away.

Essentially, see where we are around the first 10-15 matches and how we’re looking as far as the league ladder, form, and injuries.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

United meanwhile I think look nailed for another 4-0 rampant win.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

NB… no issues really with the Spud performance, naturally biased but I wouldn’t say in the realm of fairness, we deserved to lose that game, but lose we did. Just hoping for a bit of a tonking for Burnley (no offence to Burnley… I loved them in week 1!), just to get that monkey of our backs.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Some good matches. Huddersfield could easily keep up their 100% record with another home win. City surely will get a win away at Bournemouth who look like they might struggle this season. Spurs with a relatively easy game which should help them settle at Wembley. Liverpool v Arsenal definitely the pick of the weekend games

[soccer-info id=’2′ type=’fixtures’ /]

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Chucky too right about nailing the win and I hope for you guys, it’s not going to take too long.

Burnley was unusual last weekend, but I’m confident you’ll edge a positive result – just got to establish yourselves and try and deliver a few wins at Wembley.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Yeap, but as some gobshite in the fish wrappers keeps saying, it’s a big day out for a lot of sides, going to be a long hard season there and I reckon some knackered players come April…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Well, that’s goal of the month sorted…. take a bow son! What a sorcher!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Lucky Boy! Seen red for that…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Hopefully City dropping more points here. Not the start to this season I had expected of City. I think a lot had City as favourites but so far they’ve been quite ordinary

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

City are looking decent going forward but still shaky at the back… and the Cherries just hit the post too! They’re going to win some games by cricket scores this season, but I reckon they’re going to lose some too, looking shaky when the Cherries actually have a go…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

I think we know who’s getting the “Jammy Dodgers of the Week” Award this week…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Too right Banjo. City were very fortunate there in the end. Utd well on top so far but it counts for nothing if we don’t put the ball in the net. Pogba looks hungry today and desperate to get a goal. Lukaku has been kept relatively quiet by Morgan. Decent game so far

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Just catching up on today’s events and listening to (I think) Joey Barton. He’s actually a breath of fresh air compared to his reputation on the pitch.

Totally agree with him that you won’t get 4-0 every week or the most entertaining of football, but you’re getting the most important thing which is 3 points and in fairness to Leicester, they are no pushover.

You have to say this is probably one of Man United’s best starts for a while (bar last season) and Jose Mourinho’s tactics have paid off in bring on pace and a game changer in Marcos Rashford.

There are more so far visible signs of pace and power – very much like ‘a’ familiar side under Sir Alex Ferguson.

React below 👇

Loading spinner

Chelsea should really get a win today. Looking forward to the big one later. Can only see a Liverpool win really which would leave Arsenal with lots of ground to make up. I feel like we’re in for a really exciting title race with no runaway leader. Here’s hoping!

Utd were efficient yesterday but not great. The difference from last season is there seems to be an air of inevitability about these “easier” home games. The same games last season were just wave after wave of attack but it never felt like we would break through

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Baggies vs Stokies isn’t exactly floating my boat right now, Chelski seem to be cruising. All a bit of a warm-up for the big one later, got my family bag of salt and viniger crisps and bottle of pepsi, just hope Harry can banish his August Blues and Wembly can spank of the bottom of the curse.

YooUtd looked half decent again, nothing spectacular but just simply wearing down the opposition in front of them. Same thing with Leicester yesterday. They won their first three last season too…

Oh, and a draw between Pool and the Goonies… (Pool and the Goonies, sounds like an indie band to me!)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

United nothing spectacular you saying?.We will walk the league for the next decade pal,we have already won it this year,no point in making us play the rest of the games.Well,according to that Goonies fan anyway,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

YooUtd are looking solid, no doubt, but I wouldn’t say they are looking spectacular. Really looking forward to seeing how they play when they come up against another Top 6 side or it Maureen reverts to type.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Didn’t United have 9 points after 3 games last season?

There’s a long way to go yet but United are stronger than last season as are City imo certainly squad wise I suspect both will be in the mix when the race hits the home straight at the end of the season.

Liverpool v Arsenal should be a cracker strange decision by Klopp to rest Mignolet?

Klopp’s explanations is that he is being rested? But after just 4 games with an international break to come that seems a bit weird.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Rover
                                        Participant

Disappointed Chelsea only hit 2, could have easily
                                          been more

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 74 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.