Home Community Man City Phil Foden

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

I have not seen alot of him much personally, but apparently this lad is mustard. But he was on the bench for the Liverpool game but didn’t travel to Watford and played in the youth squad instead. So the question is with the abundance of talent we have in midfield how will has get some game time under Pep this season. Did he deserve 10mins against Liverpool. Why didn’t he travel to Watford? Im not looking for negatives after the week we have had but was wondering what fellow blues thought? Cheers Jim

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Jim, I’ve seen a bit of this lad. Looks a real talent but I’ve no idea how he will get into the city 1st team anytime soon. He is very much like Bernardo silva. Lovely left foot and a real prosoect. He’s only 18 so time is very much in his side.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

That’s the problem he’s going to have. Time is on his side but the lure of possible first team football elsewhere will be a big one. PS Good to discuss things football with you again Sean as you know your stuff!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

He was brilliant against Utd in pre-season. As you’ve both said, he’ll definitely struggle to break into that midfield at the moment. A loan move might do him good.

As we’ve seen with Jack Grealish, Jack Wilshere, Josh Mceachran, Tom Cleverly, Michael Johnson etc, it’s important at this early stage to not overhype these young players. Hopefully he goes on to fulfil his massive potential, though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

I hope Foden gets some minutes tomorrow night vs the baggies. If he doesn’t then that will say a lot about Peps plans to give our young players a go. Wonder who will start up front.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Big Jim…I think he may use Sterling to replace Augerro to morrow. Foden, I think will be in the squad but priority has to be with Gungdoghan, Bernado and Yaya for that spot. He needs to rest KDB, Augerro Silva expect Bravo to be in goal. I think he will change the Full backs as well, Kompany may be back
                I think he will take this opportunity to rest players, although he wants to win everything, the bigger picture tells me he focused on EPL and CL

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Foden, like others are real prospects but they will have to be exceptional to get in this team now. Yes, he maybe lured away but the risks is higher for him, he needs a couple of years as a squad player and be amongst class players and keep on learning

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

Good call with Sterling upfront Brian. I’m not sure Yaya is fit, I have rumours he is carrying too much weight, hence he has not even been on the bench the last few games. Vinny should start if fit obviously, as with Gundowan. I Would also rest the front 2, Silva and KDB. Will be interesting to see who he starts with.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Ye good to chat Jim mate

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Foden looks a prospect based on the times I’ve seen him play v Chelsea teams.

Very talented but very tough to break into a team like City’s also it takes more than just talent too.

Our youngest lad won’t be 7 until next month and played his first official game last Sunday with two goals and two assists in a 4-2 win and got recommended to the County Academy on the back of it. He’s a big lad and has learnt from having a footballing brother.

His brother two years older is going to be a player too and was picked up by the West Bromwich Academy at a Summer football Camp at aged 5 if they continue to progress and remain committed both will play football at a decent level if that’s what they want but it’s such a long long way from being a promising kid to where Phil Foden is now and then it’s even further to a first team like Man City’s and very very few come through and truly make it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

Big Jim…Sterling really frustrates me, no doubting his work rate but he is not that good with his feet and decision makeing. I think Pep will improve that and we may end up with a player like Robbens, at the moment I do not know what role suits him best. I would like to see him improve because I think he is capable of doing that, he is no longer a new up and comeing youngster but a seasoned player. Defenders will not like playing against him. I just we could combine Sanes skill to Sterling graft

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

Hi Brian, I know what you are saying regarding Sterling, I can see both sides to him. On one hand I like the fact that he runs at defenders and gets into very dangerous areas. He’s probably our most effective player at this. Clearly where he needs to improve is his final ball and his finishing, that said his contribution to the team is still very good. The problem he has is partly of his own making as because he gets into such good positions everyone thinks he should be converting more chances. Which is true to an extent. Also he is playing with some really great passes of the ball in KDB and Silva who really make a stray pass. This just highlights the area sterling’s needs to improve in. For me he is well worth his place in the side and will only get better under Pep as you point out. Cheers Jim. 0-2 to City tonight.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Careworkerlfc
                            Participant

A very promising Talent according to My Eldest Son, Got it all and would probably get into most First Teams given the opportunity.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

Annoyingly Delph and Yaya both get starts ahead of Foden. Not one youngster in the starting line up. Four on bench.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                cityboy54
                                Participant

Sterlings has a prob if he has time to think about it…I,m not a fan but he does draw defenders

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  cityboy54
                                  Participant

Love beating mr pulls tho

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

Haha, yes beating Pulis and his usual team of antifootballers is always a pleasure. I dont think he has never forgiven us for the Wembley play off defeat lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      gjblues
                                      Participant

Been following Foden’s career for the past couple of years – Sean, he’s not 18 until next May. He is a massive talent and comes from a family of big City fans (not too surprising coming from Stockport :-)). City usually let their youngsters go out on loan but in the case of Foden (and Brahim Diaz – who is also a fabulous prospect) they blocked a number of requests from other clubs. That suggests both are in Pep’s thinking – pretty sure that one or possibly both will be involved from the start v. Wolves in next round of League Cup.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by gjblues.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.