Home Community General Football Pep’s Reign

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

I came across an article yesterday about Pep in how he feels about his own Managerial career over the last 5 years

He’s took charge ofย  Manchester City from the start of the 2016/17 campaign and has since then achieved:

2 Premier League Titles

1 FA Cup

4 League Cups (In succession)

2 Community Shields

He’s on the verge of winning another Premier League Title and is one match away from winning the European Cup. Even if Man City don’t win the Champions League,ย  I can’t really see him leave, certainly not in the immediate future.

He felt as though it’s all making sense to him and everything’s fallen in place.

Anything can happen in a one-off game. You do feel as though this year round, it’s written in the stars for Pep and Man City.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Nike19.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

Chelsea thought it was in the stars when we finally got to a final, then we lost on pens to utd

Munich thought it was in the stars when they got to final in own stadium, they lost on pens to a chelsea team that was far inferior to the chelsea teams that came so close many times before

All the pressure is on pep and city to win it this year. I concede that city have the better more experienced team and are favourites, but that pressure could also come in to play. City would have hoped for a real win last night, 100% sure of that

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Spuds thought it was in the stars… for about 22 seconds… ๐Ÿ™

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          steveosnakeeye
          Participant

We thought it was in the stars before the red card ย …. a long time a go …. in this galaxy

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

Lucky…I do not think Pep sees pressure the same way as we do, if there was no pressure he would not do as well maybe but I think he manages it well and that transmitts to the team. ย I think Tuchell is from the same mould but he has yet to go a full distance in the EPL, in my opinion he will be good for Chelsea but a lot depends who he will bring in next season

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Winning the CL would really be the full distance for Pep in where he’s taken City.

He wouldn’t have anything to prove.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

If City win the CL and that’s a big “if”.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Pep won’t stop there he will continue to win trophies at City he’s happy at the Etihad has the right people above him a brilliant team with one of the best young players in Europe in it and a healthy transfer budget.It doesn’t get much better than that in Club management.

I don’t think Pep has anything to prove to anybody he’s the best Manager in Europe has won multiple League titles in the 3 best Leagues in Europe and can go on to create a remarkable dynasty at City.

Obviously he won’t go on forever nobody does but when he eventuallyย  calls it a day at City I suspect it will be more about a lifestyle change than anything else and he will leave behind an likely unbeatable heritage.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Nine….re Pep….it is not always about football and lifestyle will be the deciderfor Pep….somewhere nice and cosy…like Bermuda and the like.

Well that is where I would go.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

Pep may be the greatest coach ever but Lampard had he been given more time would have overtaken him. He doesn’t have the highest IQ in football for nothing.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Trophyless, lowest points-per-game in Abramovich era, left star-studded Chelsea in 9th place? That Frank Lampard?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Still a better manager than Well’ard Gerrard!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Scholes would have been better than both if he’d have been given time at Oldham to prove it!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Frank was is and always will be a Chelsea legend and he may well make a very successful Manager in the future but it was too much too soon for him and he hit a wall and unfortunately for him the appointment of Tuchel has demonstrated that.

It’s not about highest iq’s it’s about experience,tactical nous and good man management all of which Tuchel has demonstrated in spades.

I love Frank and thought he should have been given until the end of the season to turn things around but we wouldn’t be where we are now had we done that and I was wrong.

Letting Frank go was probably one of the toughest decision Roman has ever had to make at Chelsea because I’m pretty sure he held Frank in the same appreciation as myself and the majority of Chelsea fans but Roman was strong enough to make it and in retrospect it’s been proved more than right to date and Chelsea look to have a really bright future under Tuchel but just like Frank Tuchel will be judged on his results because football is a results based business.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

Players IQ top 3

Grerard Pique 170

Frank Lampard 150

I think third place shows the folly of using this method for anything meaningful

Mario Balotelli 147

……Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Pagan
                                Participant

โ€œbut just like Frank Tuchel will be judged on his results because football is a results based business.โ€

well not in parts of North London

……….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Notnice
                                  Participant

To be frank Lampard did take us to the FA cup final and a top 4 finish with a transfer ban, I’m not sure why it suddenly went sour this season but I don’t think he would have achieved what Tuchel has even though nothing has been won yet. Let’s hope we can win at least one final.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Whether we win or don’t win a trophy NN we’re a completely different team now under Tuchel and as you rightly said like you I doubt we would be where we are now under Frank sadly for Frank.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Pagan
                                      Participant

9, We really do need to win at least one of the finals, thereโ€™s now a space in our trophy cabinet as weโ€™ve finally been able to relinquish our hold on the โ€œChamps to Chumpsโ€ cup weโ€™ve held for so long by sending it up North……Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Brian blue
                                        Participant

I hear the City have Fiona Bruce from the Antiques Road show looking for an old display cabinet, prefer Christine Trevalyon myself looking for it!!!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.