Home Community Man City Messi rumours…again

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

I think it is wishful thinking that he will come to the PL. any team. Money will not be the decider but life style/family will come first…as they should be. I see him staying at Barca another couple of years and then back to Argentina. My other point is, for the money suggested you could buy at least 3/4 quality players and we will need replacements next season. Messi is 30 now, albeit very fit and can play Pep’s style but one injury on a wet winters night could see the end of a risque signing. Prefer some class players. I would have loved to have seen Messi in a City shirt but it is not going to happen, in my opinion

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Have to agree Brian. Just can’t see it happening now. Still a magical player as we saw last night with that hatrick which included 2 very special goals. But 30yrs old means that even he is probably too old for €300m or whatever. But throw in several million shirt sales a year and who knows. Never say never lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

OK Jim…but I do noy buy shirts unless the sponsor pays me!!!!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

I’m not even sure he would go back to Argentina. He was only 13 when he left the country, so I’m guessing he doesn’t have that much affinity with the place now, though admittedly his performance the other night gives lie to that. I’m sure I read somewhere a while back also that because he left Argentina so young, the crowds out there never idolised like they did many others of their stars

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Too late for the likes of Messi,Cavani,Lewandovski,to makes moves to the PL.Their best days/years are behind them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Singapore Blue
              Participant

Absolutely magical player but could see signing him potentially breaking the team spirit that Pep seems to have installed. How much would this suppress the development of Sane, Jesus, Bernardo etc as everything would be Measi for the next few years?

Thanks for your interest Lionel, but we will contact you 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

If he is after money only,then PSG or China,otherwise end your career @ Barca!.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by maverick1973.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Considering the supposed 80 million signing on fee on offer to sign his next contract, my mystic crystal balls reckon he’s going nowhere… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Banjo-The only way up for Messi if he leaves Barca for other reasons than money is-Real Madrid.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Dude… Messi to Madrid? You having a larff? More chance of me playing for the Goonies!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Can’t see it, imo Messi will stay at Barca before ending his career back in Argentina.
                          But you can never say never in football.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

I believe he will stay in Barcelona. Money is not the issue I think he will go for lifestyle and family interest and not unsettle them for 1/2 years…not worth it. Great player but agree with earlier comment think Pep is wise enough to culture the next generation now and believes in next 2/3 years he can do it at City….hope so, at the moment it is very enjoyable

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Banjo-Exactly mate,Messi,if he ever leaves Barca before retiring.Money-wise PSG or China,or career-wise,the only way for him is- Real Madrid!.Anyway,he will be 31 next year,his best years are defo behind him.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by maverick1973.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

My best years are behind me too, the comparisons between me and Messi are neverending… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

That means you`re good enough to play for Arsenal,alongside the likes of Mertesacker,Cazorla,Monreal,Giroud,Koscielny,and Wheelchair,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Goonies couldn’t afford me… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Chuky…I just do not believe Arsenal cannot afford £100 per week for you, after all, they have just chucked away 15 million on the Canchez/Lemmar move, now they will loose even more when Sanchez goes…to whatever club. Wenger may be a good tactician but he is not so good in the transfer business. It will all work out in the wash come January, knowing Arsenal that will probably be the 31st or miss the boat again

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.