Home Community Non-Football Mayweather vs McGregor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

The $100mil fight. What’s everyone’s take on it? I’m really torn. For starters, it all feels a bit too WWF-like in the build up.

Secondly, I’m a fan of boxing but I don’t particularly like Mayweather. For the sake of boxing, Mayweather has to win, and convincingly. For arguably the best pound for pound boxer in the modern era to lose to someone who’s never professionally boxed in his life, would imo make a mockery of the sport.

Boxing is already at a bit of a crossroads at the moment, losing a lot of younger fans to MMA and with a real lack of big characters left in the sport. I’m not convinced it could ever recover from a McGregor win. On the other hand, we’d get to see Floyd on the canvas so all would not be lost

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Can’t see anything other than a Mayweather win.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

I’d love to see Mcgregor win and I think he could surprise a lot of people. Just by stepping in the ring, he’s won already. He has nothing to lose. It’s Rocky vs Apollo Creed. I’ve actually enjoyed most of the build up.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

No poll Ed? You love your polls ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Here you go ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Not long now for this one. It’s going to struggle to live up to the enormous hype but I’ll be watching it regardless.

I can’t believe nobody has invented an app where you can get an alert as the fighters are entering the ring. That’s my biggest concern for the fight. When to set the alarm for! You don’t want to miss it but you don’t want to get up too early either on a Sunday

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  J C
                  Participant

Disappointing from McGregor. What’s he been doing these last few months, when he’s not even prepared to fight beyond 25 minutes.

Should have swallowed his pride and slowed down a bit, maybe even put a knee to the canvas if needed when he’s been hurt.
                    It made for a good spectacle, McGregor is definitely a great showman, but his arrogance and pride got the better of him in this fight.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

That’s it JC. He kept saying how much he’s been preparing for 12 3min rounds but that really didn’t appear to be the case. He was totally outclassed from the 3rd onwards.

I read somewhere that he’d been telling family and friends to back him with a lot of money as it was easy money for them to win. If true, he faces some frosty family gatherings in the near future!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.