Home Community General Football Matt Le Tissier and Sky

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Candid interviews and credit to the bloke getting them set up. Top Top Player in his hey day. I felt in fairness to where we are with pundits, he’s a tad outdated, but did have something to offer and was good on Soccer Saturday.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Great player but as per his playing days his days as a pundit look to be over. Le Tissier wasn’t the only one to go Phil Thompson and Charlie Nicholas went at the same time.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

And Jeff Stelling not continuing. Doubtless being replaced by more diversity as seen through TV programme producers. I have no problem with diversity whatsoever. What I don’t like is changing what is mild and is working on the alter on cancel culture. My age perhaps?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

I think it’s easy to be slightly blinded with the way television has shaped with diversity particularly with more females involved and of youth.

In nature everyone has a shelf life, though when I was growing up, there was a lot of senior middle-aged gents on our screens. We’re now seeing a shift. I don’t know whether some argument could be made for ageism.

In fairness to Le-Tissier, he got 15 years making a living from Sky so to some degree, he can’t begrudge. What my issue would be is that way an organization like Sky released an employee of theirs via a zoom call. It just shows, there’s not a great deal of different between them and lot of other companies in our society. It’s like the 15 year service given never existed!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Adlab, yeah, I’d miss Jeff. I think we’re at a point of time now of evolution and we will see more changes. Stelling against these changes we are seeing would probably be outdated. Something fresh and new of an appeal, though some of us in what we’ve experienced watching in the past may not take to these new faces instantly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

According to reports Adlab Jeff Stelling is staying on as the host of Soccer Saturday for the 2022/23.🤞

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Adlab
                Participant

Hope so!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Me too Adlab.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Tugay is God
                    Participant

Stelling is Staying another season. Matt Le Tissier is batshit crazy these days. He’s even said the war in Ukraine is a hoax. The man is unhinged.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.