Home Community Liverpool Liverpool v West Ham

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

The ghost of Nil:

“Well, back on the circuit to face West Ham after some time off. We have known to be a see-saw when it comes to reaching that point of capitalizing on our opposition to go one better, we just end up squandering away the opportunity. It seems though that the group of guys are in fine tune and are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

3 points must be and we’d be going places.

Come On The Redmen!!!!!”

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

The ghost of Nil-but posted by the Ed? How about the fixtures this weekend then?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Pagan
        Participant

Mav, they’re further down the page I think.

Ed, just let him back on, can’t you set a curfew on his posting #nil returns

….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Pagan-Yes,just seen them.My bad[lazy]

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Hey Editor,

Since Nil still wants to have some input on here and you are also obliging him, I was wondering if there is a way for you to bring him back limiting him in certain ways. Say, not allowing him to create new threads?

Also, are there ways to setup negative karma? So when he (or anyone else really) says something that you disagree with, that you could vote them down?

I personally don’t think nil will ever change but if you implemented those 2 things and also really stressed to him (again, I know) that CLUB AREAS ARE ALL INCLUSIVE. ALL ARE WELCOME TO ALL AREAS, TO COMMENT AND GIVE THEIR OPINION ETC. . . Then maybe , just maybe . . .
              ——————————————————————————————————————-
              Now, back to football:

West Ham, at home is a very welcome sight for me.Β  By the time Saturday comes it’ll have been 10 days without football for us Liverpool fans, expect many pale sweaty faces and shaky hands as we await kick-off. I’ve been quite cautious with many of the predictions and I am going to go against the general rule for Liverpool and predict a heavy win, right after a 5-0 victory.

West Ham have one of the leakiest defences in the league and although they do score a fair few goals, we’re at Anfield and if we happen to let the first one in, I think we’ll come right back at them. I think my first 11’s could likely be predicted by you lads at this stage as I have a favoured group that Klopp doesn’t always share. .Β  but he gets the job done all the same.

Here’s the team that I’d pick :

Karius
              TAA – Lovren – Van Dijk – Robertson
              Oxlade – Milner – Wijnaldum
              Salah – Firmino – Mane

Here’s the team I think Klopp might pick :

Karius
              Gomez – Matip – Van Dijk – Robertson (If I see Moreno %$&*!!)
              Can – Henderson – Wijnaldum
              . . . .

Either team can batter West Ham but The wingbacks from my selection are better and more balanced to eachother , going forward. The midfield, I’m sorry, Can just isn’t good enough often enough. I prefer our high tempo football, that’s when we’re really deadly and Can just slows it all down. Henderson on a good day can play that kind of football but I prefer Milner. He’s such a clever player and although he lacks pace, he makes up for it with guile. The lad is a champion and he’ll run himself into the ground to help the team.

The front 3, nothing to be said here really, except that if they are on good form and have a pinch of luck, god help the West Ham defence.

Score prediction : 4-0

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

Mak, If were calling the vote up karma points, can we call the vote down Nil poi….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Mak-So you think Klopp will start with 8 men?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Yep, happy to let him back on and will bear in mind the suggestions above. Consider him back for the weekend

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

Nice one Ed, think all of us on here need to help him a little bit when he starts to ramble, politely point out it’s time for him to switch off, rather than have a go at him and stoke the fire….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

As a caveat to my previous post, Nil or NB, needs to take heed of the advice to shut down given to him from posters he gets on with…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

I’m not 100& sure re the team selection in relation to what’s going on inside Klopp’s mind.

We actually have great luxury in terms of our next game after West Ham not being till next Saturday.

And we don’t really have injury worries, so in that respect, we’re good to field our strongest 11.

It depends on the approach we choose; Start the big guns, then see how we fare. If it’s shaping the way we want, then we can sub our key players.

I would say in terms of the Keeper that we retain with Karius, plus, the significance of the team selection is sticking with the same group of players in Defence so that these guys really get used to one another and that we finally forge a solid block that we’ve been looking for, for a long time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

As for the Karma points thing, I was looking at changing it to one I found which was a bit more like the Facebook system where you can react to posts with different “emotions”- like, angry, laughing etc. I’ll have a look round and will look at giving one a try

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Haha, never actually seen one of those on FB. Maybe more emotions could be looked into a way to respond alternatively to voting somebody up rather than comment.

Please don’t bring thumbs down though – that would be like TT where it caused numerous flare ups.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

We’ve covered that NB, vote up are karma, and vote down are Nil poi….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Ha, I didn’t know it was already given an exclusive ‘title’! πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Welcome back Nil mate!

Do we get the option of shooting Aussie men?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I’ve just sent you a message Mav on the other thread – hope you are well mate πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Oz Yob
                                      Participant

Haven’t been on here for a bit & see Mav wanting to shoot Aussies, Jeezus I didn’t think we were that bad.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

“Mak-So you think Klopp will start with 8 men?”

Har har :pΒ  No, i think the front 3 are obvious.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Probably West Ham’s only chance of beating Liverpool , Klopp starting without his front three.?

I can see a packed West Ham defence with 9 players in and around the West Ham penalty area but Liverpool eventually winning 2 nil.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.