Home Community Liverpool Liverpool v Man United – Saturday 12:30

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

The big one is upon arrival.

First thing’s first as far as pre-empting what could happen negatively:

Marcus Rasford’s pace and Romelu Lakuku’s firepower. That’s the obvious key for me, but the more subtle yet important is how we set up in the midfield.

Clearly if we have Mane and Lallana, we could have implemented what Man City have done in a 4-1-4-1 – still possible.

If we are sticking with a 4-3-3, then we have to start with both Milner and Henderson. And Emre Can should play instead of Wijnaldum.

Other than that, it’s the question of OUR firepower and who do we start with? Firmino? Daniel Sturridge? Solanke and the Ox perfectly fine as our second-half subs.

We’re at home soil and the obvious test is how resolute we are for the whole of the 90 mins and whether or not we will crumble to even moderate demand of Jose’s Manchester United.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Liverpool’s defence lacks pace and organisation and has difficulty dealing with the high ball and pace and Lukaku’s aerial ability are United’s strengths.

Mane is a big loss and an even bigger loss if you look at the stats for games played without him.

The Liverpool defence will have to be better than it has been all season if that happens and they take their chances you wouldn’t rule out a Liverpool win even without Mane and Liverpool raise their game v the too sides too,but should they lose and worse still should they lose badly the pressure on Klopp will grow.

Should be a good game tho especially for the neutral.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Mane would have been ideal against United in a fold which could have allowed Klopp 2 possibilities:

1) Play Mane in the middle like a Beardsley Role just behind the front man

2) Play Mane on the left (as they have done), and move Phillipe back in the centre.

It is a big loss, there’s no arguments there because with his attacking flair and bluster, you’re likely to easily open up their defence.

As long as we set up the way we should in the middle of the park with James Milner and Can playing slightly deeper, Jordan Henderson can solely focus on supporting the front 3 and in fairness to him, he’s kopped a lot of slack than praise because the mixture of his performances.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

I think it will be a terrible game. We won’t have any idea how to break Utd down and they will benefit from our inevitable mistake

Jose will play us to a tee. Last years gane at anfield was dreadful

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Milner in the middle and drop Henderson??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Oz Yob
              Participant

Spot on Sean it’ll be a terrible game to watch, as much as I can’t stand him jose knows exactly what to do. They will sit deep & absorb our stuttering attack & will punish the inevitable stuff ups at the back. They will frustrate us & pounce when they get their chance. I think it’ll be 0-2, could even be worse, as 999 said their strength is our weakness. I have absolutely no doubt we will not win this game.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Jim,

it’s a crying shame Milner’s on the wrong side of whatever he is now age-wise, because as far as his skill-set goes, he can play right-wing and put crosses in, he obviously showed he can drop to left-back and as far as the midfield goes, he can play either offensively or defensively.

I’m slightly lost in what’s happening with the Ox and why we shelled out that type of money – is he bought to replace Henderson?

Henderson is at his richest playing those short-passes and gradually working his way up to support the attack. He is strong when he’s zoned himself out. What he struggles a lot of the time with is tracking back in the central part of the pitch in front of our box and protect it. He’s more suited just behind the centre-circle and occasionally down the flanks as a second person to win the challenges.

Milner on the other hand just naturally has that a little bit more extra awareness, experience and slightly more willingness to be a soldier to us.

He must start for me Jim.

Wijn I’m afraid for the fee paid towards him has only shown me traces of any effectiveness.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

I think re Jose, it’s an interesting one in his likely tactical plan.

I don’t think away from home the way that team will set out, be any different to Ferguson’s previous outings against us.

Think about it. Recall back to say the one where Forlan bagged himself a couple Giggs bagged on another occasion, and O’Shay on another. They are similar patterns to their effectiveness against the run of play, and naturally a little bit of luck than just individual brilliance.

Jose is likely to lure us into a false sense of security allowing the crowd to get behind us and deliver high octane football. He’d be the more happy man come half-time, and the scores remaining 0-0.

He’ll gradually up the ante and turn that dial knowing that we’re gradually going to get tired and create less than more.

We ourselves have to be prepared to be smart, patient and maintain our discipline. The key for me is to not crumble at the first hurdle and everybody fighting for each other on the pitch.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Oz Yob-I has a very boring 0-0 or 1-1 written all-over it!.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

I’m going for a 2-2 draw.

Liverpool will play at a higher level v United they always raise their game for the big matches and will create chances but I think they will probably struggle a bit defensively v United’s pace and the physicality of Lukaku. You heard it here first.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Was Lukaku not injured with Belgium??!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Hightown hope

As a matchgoing Liverpool fan for over 45 years now, even old enough to see Best and Charlton in my third ever Liverpool match, I’ve always hated the United game. Even when we were ruling the roost in the late 70’s and 80’s, United often seemed to get the better of us. I remember well the FA Cup final in 1977, the Jimmy Greenhoff goal in the semi final replay at Goodison in 1979, the 3-3 draw in about ’86 I would guess where we blew a 3-1 lead, the 3-3 in, again I’m guessing, 1993 where United blew a 3-0 lead. But it’s the game I hate to lose more than any other, and the fear of losing almost outweighs the anticipation of winning, particularly as for the last 27 years I have lived in Manchester. I moved to Manchester the summer we last won the league in 1990….perhaps it’s me that’s the problem!!

So on Saturday, once again I will go full of trepidation. I really can’t see us getting anything this weekend. Our best player will be jet lagged and our 2nd best player won’t be playing. Just dreading it…but I still wouldn’t miss it for the world!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

HH,

I’ll have to find a way to keep in touch as I have a wedding reception to attend to at 12! I’m hoping they will open up the bar next door ‘exclusively for the big screen, otherwise, it’s either via Smartphone or a tiny Radio!

I’m actually pretty upbeat despite what’s stacked against us. Those who were on international duty have had plenty of time to recoup and we’re at Anfield. I don’t think their gameplan will be to come out of the traps straight away and fire at us. They’ll want to run down the clock and throw their spanner in the works late.

It would be wonderful if we could grab All points as it could pave way to push on and develop a mini run of victories.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Maverick, wishful thinking mate Lukaku came on and scored for Belgium in the week.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

999-I thought Jose said Lukaku came injured from that game,when asked about whether he will blame it missing Lukaku and Pogba in the case of a defeat!?.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

maverick, I might be wrong but I think Lukaku came on and played 30 minutes v Cyprus on Tuesday scoring after missing the Bosnia game with an ankle injury.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

What the hell, nowhere else to put this… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

There’s a lot of bad press, negativity from our own supporters, but I’m excited. I love Jurgen Klopp and back him all the way.

Jordan Henderson: lead the way my friend. And Liverpool supporters, let’s stick together! YNWA

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

And, just to add, from a personal point of view, I don’t think I can continue to post on here much longer if I am constantly seeing negativity regarding Liverpool.

A huge shame as this is a wonderful site, however at times, still don’t feel (a) privacy just to chat amongst our own supporters and (b) any of our own supporters albeit minority getting behind the team.

It’s an atrocity and a blooming health warning, bordering just about, I don’t know. Just silly against what should be from our point of view, just living it.

If we lose, we lose, but let’s live the life and don’t let any interference affect us. YNWA

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.