Home Community Liverpool Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Our first 3pm game of the season and at Anfield too. On the whole, I feel full of optimism in spite of the Coutinho saga and hitting a dead end against Kieta and VVD targets.

Maybe we could still see a signing or two, but I’ve taken encouragement from how we have performed during the pre-season and Solanke and Salah have really been immense for us.

These players if used correctly in a formation involving Mane could see us breeze past teams in 3rd gear – I really believe in that.

But even though that part of the game could quite easily blossom, what’s holding us back or what will continuously thwart us is the defensive attitude, the individuals involved and dealing with the basics. Vijn, Can, and Henderson too must roll their sleeves and do their bit. You can’t afford to bury half your head in the sand and hope that it will automatically take care of itself solely on the basis of our attacking play.

That message has to be clear from Jurgen Klopp and he himself should realize and address that otherwise, he could start to be on the radar of questioning in relation to his own position because he has now had a full season plus months, and we’re still seeing the same problems we saw under Brendan Rodgers.

We should win this game comfortably, never the less. A brand new pitch from the summer, I believe too some refurbishment has been added to the Kop end so that should fill supporters with excitement and really get behind the team to drive the players to victory:

Prediction: 5-0

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      gingerlfc
      Participant

Can only concentrate on Hoffenheim at the minute.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

True, completely forgot about that and it’s a play-off we must win!

I truly hope too there are no injuries, otherwise, next Sat could be problematic.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          gingerlfc
          Participant

Players have already played 2 games this week with another one midweek to come so I wonder will there be any changes to the team. Klopps not really a big fan of rotating/resting players so I’m not sure.
            Klopps presser is coming up soon so we should know more about who’s available and who’s not.

I really don’t want to see Moreno play, bring Roberston in if he’s ready. Possibly Milner and Grujic into midfield. Maybe Sturridge to take a spot up front if he’s ready.

Palace are obviously gonna target our weakness at set pieces with Benteke being a major threat but Zaha is also dangerous.
            3 points at home is very important after throwing them away last week.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

That’s it ginger. Some players need to be rested already. I think zaha is out for 4 weeks which is lucky for us.

Really interesting to see if couthino is anywhere near the team after these latest rumours.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              gingerlfc
              Participant

Klopps presser just over.
                Coutinho still “injured”.
                Sturridge available for Sat.
                He said they’re still working with Robertson getting him up to speed on how we play.
                All the injuries seem to be same as before.
                Nothing new regarding Coutinho or Can.
                Really hope Moreno is not playing Saturday.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

Sounds to me then that Moreno is likely to play. I think Robertson must be a tad confused…he’s barely been used in pre season and he appears some way from the team yet.

As for Phil, it’s just so disappointing. He is effectively on strike, as I don’t think anyone actually believes in the back injury.

I doubt Studge will start but I would hope to see him at some point.

It’s always exciting seeing the first home game of the season to see the new signings, but the as yet underwhelming efforts of the club mean that it will basically just be Salah in for Phil from last year. Disappointing to say the least!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  gingerlfc
                  Participant

Could maybe have a front 3 of ManΓ©, Sturridge, Salah with Firmino just behind as an attacking midfielder.
                    Leaves very little options off the bench to freshen it up or rest people.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    J C
                    Participant

Yeah ginger, Firmino made a name for himself at Hoffenheim as an attacking midfielder. He could potentially fill in during Coutinho and Lallana’s absence, but with so few strikers on the books Klopp will probably keep him as a striker. I’ve noticed the two wingers are often the most advanced players on the pitch with Firmino dropping a little deeper, there’s a lot of fluidity in our attack, and perhaps Klopp likes it that way.

I’d even rather see Gomez at left back before Moreno. I’m not usually one for singling out players, but Moreno has had plenty time and opportunity to adapt, yet he’s still an awful defender… One of the worst, if not THE worst, in the league.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Gibbo
                      Participant

Milner needs to drop back into left back. Moreno can’t become our regular as my fingernails cant take it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        gingerlfc
                        Participant

Your fingernails…ppfffffttt!

My mental health can’t take it!
                          ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          CrustyHoop
                          Participant

Our bogey team.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Maybe 1, 2 or even 3 players may be changed out for this match but only as a result of a lack of a good performance. I can’t see Klopp resting anyone or trying to keep players fresh for the CL play-off match. It’s so early in the season that the 2 fixtures a week will actually be working in our favour in many ways.

I could see how (logically) Moreno, Henderson, and Wijnaldum could be dropped for this match because they were poor in the previous one(s) but my guess is that Klopp will keep Hendo and Wijni in there to sharpen them up, Moreno is just Moreno and I can’t wait for Robertson to replace him but my understanding is that he’s not there yet. We can remain hopeful though.

Personally, I’d start Milner instead of Henderson but I don’t think Klopp will. The CL is important but I wouldn’t sacrifice PL points in order to give ourselves a slightly better chance of qualifying either. I mean this is whole other thread though as I’d have liked to see us have added to the squad specifically for this kind of scenario but it hasn’t worked that way for us. We have to go with what we’ve got and the most important thing we can do, heading into the Hoffemheim game is to try and get a better performance from that first 11.

As a fan of Wijnaldum’s I’ve had to admit that he was atrocious the last day and hasn’t really fired this season, another match might just do it for him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

football formations

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Editor.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

Ignore that lads, just trying to get something to work.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Editor
                                  Keymaster

Test

Attachments:
                                    You must be logged in to view attached files.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nocturnal_red
                                    Participant

Very important that we get three points from this one, it’s Arsenal and City back to back after this…
                                      I am hoping either Solanke/Sturridge giving rest to one of Salah/Bobby with Mane to be rested later in the game if all is well
                                      Also hope that Robertson and Milner lb and midfield respectively, it would give us fresh legs in this games and some options for the all important tie against Hoffenhaim

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Brilliant!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        gingerlfc
                                        Participant

Lallanas out injured and Sakho is persona non gratis

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

I think he was just testing the feature.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.